Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my first time on here. Still learning. But anyways... I'm 3 weeks 5 days post op. By the 2nd week I was eating bad food that I would crave pre op. Of course I'm not eating as much. But my choices of food are far from what I'm allowed. I can't cut my craves. The sad part about it, Is I'll eat it, and have no interest in it.

You are 3 weeks post op and eating regular food? Just curious because I'll still be on soft foods in my 3rd week.

Yes. To be honest I haven't followed my diet at all. I eat what ever crap I crave. Like the other night my family went out to "Wing Stop" I wasn't gonna sit there watching them eat. I ate 2 wings and a couple fries. I can't fit much in. But these cravings I can't seem to kick. Today I decided to stick to my diet. It was tough. I had to stay moving. The second I took a break or sat down. I'd start craving.

This weight loss journey is as much, if not more, about our heads rather than our stomachs. It's telling that you said you have the cravings but actually when you eat the stuff you're not really interested in it. I really think it's worth you talking to your doctor about this to see if they can arrange a counsellor for you - it would very likely help you with your 'head hunger'.

I'm sure that you don't want to have gone through all the bother of surgery and then not stay healthy and lose weight, so please try to get appropriate help.

In the meantime well done for sticking to your diet for a day - no-one said it would be easy, but just focus on all the things you're hoping for when you've lost your weight. It can be helpful to write a list of them that you can look at when things get difficult. These don't have to be all the major things, include the small stuff like fitting into chairs, doing up airplane belts without having to loosen them, painting your toenails in comfort , not minding if a label sticks out of your clothes and people can see what size you are etc etc! We all have different things that matter to us, so write a list of yours. Also read the success stories on here and look at the before and after pictures particularly those of people of a similar age and starting weight - that can be inspirational.

The other thing is that when we're overweight we often spend a high proportion of our time thinking about food, shopping for it, cooking it, eating it, clearing up after cooking, going to restaurants etc. When we can no longer eat in the old way suddenly there can be a lot of spare time to fill - you said yourself you 'had to keep moving' to keep the cravings away. Can you find things that you would enjoy doing to keep yourself occupied?

Really hope you get back on track - and good luck with it all.

Thank you for responding Maggie. I joined the gym yesterday. So I'm hoping I can fill my time up there. My fiancé and I bond by sitting on the couch watching Netflix every night, stuffing my face with whatever crap I can find. I told him yesterday that we need to put a hold on our Netflix QT. Until I can learn to sit around and

Not eat and binge like I do. So yesterday we replaced it with a moderate hike at Red Rock. I'm hoping I can stick to this new life style. And not revert back to old habits. Baby steps I guess. One day at a time

That sounds good Ch@ss. Yes it is one step at a time and remember not to beat yourself up if you find yourself eating unwisely. As soon as you realise, just stop and go back to eating healthily straight away. Don't do that thing of thinking 'I've ruined it today so I might as well carry on eating and start again tomorrow', or worse 'start again next week'.

We're all human and it's hard work at times. Good luck with the gym!

Ch@ss, you might try a trick I use to ease my cravings. I don't get random cravings for certain foods like I did pre-surgery, but when I walk past certain foods - especially donuts or cake, it's hard not to want a little. My trick is to go eat my normal portion of Protein or protein/vegetable mix, then, if I still want the cake, I'll get a coffee cup (a regular coffee cup, no cheating with one of those Starbucks Grande cups!!! :P) and fill it halfway full of cake. That lets me ease my craving, without overdoing it.

Thank you for responding Maggie. I joined the gym yesterday. So I'm hoping I can fill my time up there. My fiancé and I bond by sitting on the couch watching Netflix every night, stuffing my face with whatever crap I can find. I told him yesterday that we need to put a hold on our Netflix QT. Until I can learn to sit around and

My relationship is exactly the same. I kind of feel like a drug addict because post op well lay in bed watching netflix and I'm thinking about the snack I can have.. instead I chug as much watch as I can to fill my void. It's tuff and to have a partner that is willing to help makes it that much better =)

Do you food plan at all? Thing of the things you crave the most. They try and come up with ways to get that taste without going off your food plain. Did you doctor give you a suggested food plan at all?

This is a lifestyle change. You can't keep resetting the start date. You have to make a commitment to yourself. If there are circumstances you can't handle right now then maybe remove yourself from them.

Now that I'm not watching as much tv. I find me snapping at my fiancé for doing so. "Well i guess I'll do laundry on my own" or "I guess I'll just clean the kitchen by myself" I'm pretty moody without my Netflix, junk food and down time. Lol

I started meal prepping. To make if easier on me I just by rotisserie chicken. And cook my veggies. Brussel sprouts, zucchini. And every day before work I grab out my little, tiny tupperware already made to go. With a side of almonds, or beef Jerky, and my Protein Shake to get me through my work day