Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three Years Post Op! Still at Goal....are there other 3 year vets out there?

I think the first year of being sleeved wakes your brain up! I know it did for me and I read posts on Bariatric Pal about how after surgery people start realizing everything they have missed! Sometimes you need an intermission in your life to find your mission! And going through a physical change can really reset your drive for life!

Now at three years post op I am living the life of a normal person! Yes, I have to watch things a bit, but now if I gain a few lbs, wow, I can really feel it and I immediately take action!!!

How or how did I carry 80 extra lbs! I can hardly remember that fat person....I have moved on! I wrote every Sunday for the first year of my surgery on my blog, and now I feel I have more to say! So I have started writing again....Just posted a new story today!
I will always be grateful to this surgery and all the people on Bariatric Pal for all the support! LIfe is GOOD!!!

Are there others out there who are 3 years out still coming on to BP??? Let's hear how you are doing!

you are awesome! and an absolute role model. thank you!

Thanks Steve! Wow, a guy who has read my blog...that makes me happy! I just looked at your blog as well....nice! So when was your surgery? Very excited for you....

So are you German? Perhaps you and your wife should consider a trip to The Spiritual Tantra Lounge in Berlin when you reach your goal! :) If you want to get my next post, be sure to sign up on my page so you get it automatically. At this point, I am posting every two weeks.

Thank you again for your nice compliment and keep me posted on your progress....a whole new world awaits you!

@@Queen of Crop - hi my name is Sofia :) I just wanted to ask you a few questions since its been so long since you had the sleeve. I am having a few doubts and I am scared. I want to know if I will ever be able to drink more than a few gulps like if I get really thirsty will I ve able to drink quick again or will it forever be sips . Also another one is I know its good loosing the weight and being healthy but is there ever any regret of being able to have eaten so much to so little now.. sorry if I dont make sense just me and my partner lived for food and now theres an emptiness what do we do when we dont eat ? Also now being 3 years how much exactly can you eat is it a full entre size ? Thank you very much hope I haven't bothered you but these are the questions that are really bugging me :) thanks again

Hi Sofia! All your questions are very good ones and your fear is normal! You are absolutely NOT bothinering any one when you ask questions here; this is what we are all here for! Everyone is different but I think most of us veterans can say that starting at about one year out (it was a year for me, for some it's sooner) you can eat and drink almost anything. I still don't drink much with my meals, but I could; I just don't. But when I work out, I drink almost a litre of Water in that hour. That's good news and bad news and bad news of course. At this point, you have lost so much weight that most people are so excited to be living a whole new life, being able to move, exercise, buy clothes, getting compliments, coming off medication, getting involved in lots of new things, having more energy, that the loss of being able to sit down and consume large amounts of food becomes very unappealing. What do you do when you don't eat? WOW. First of all, you do eat...you just eat like a thin person does; reasonably. Second, there are a million things you can do and now you will have the energy to try lots of new things. And when you have lost the weight there are even more options....it's very very freeing not to be thinking about your next meal all the time!

So at three years out, I definitely can eat and drink (and gulp) anything and I can easily over eat; mostly by snacking. My meal sizes are still small but I am very satsified. I have never once, ever, regretted not being able to eat a huge meal, ever, ever, ever!!! Having said that, I think for those who have eating disorders before they have the surgery, still have to deal with those afterwards...but once you have lost so much weight, it's a huge motivation to stay there! I weigh myself every day and if I gain 2 lbs, I just cut back for one or two days....and (again, I am not a model patient) but I have a cookie and wine almost every day. I eat what I love, just smaller portions.

I would suggest you read my blog, so you can have an idea of what the first year might be like for you; I started at the same weight you are now and I have never looked back!!!! ttp://www.queenofcrop.com Good luck and keep me posted. And remember to always come here for questions and support!

@@Queen of Crop thank u so much for taking your time and answering my questions :) has really helped me feel better :) I think this is very spchycological and being hungry tired all the weight dropping just makes you doubt things but this is a healthy future opportunity so when I have kids I will be able to enjoy life and not revolve my life around food .. I think that is the problem these days ppl live to eat but food should be eaten to survive and nourish your body :)

You are quite welcome sofianoemi! And if you are of child-bearing age, just think of the healthy choices you will be instilling in your children! You are breaking a cycle! And BTW, veteran sleevers just don't eat to survive...we enjoy our food very much! Maybe even more now because it isn't so mindless and we don't deal with the guilt of overeating afterwards....in fact we enjoy everything more because food and weight are not on our minds constantly any more. Just think how you will be feeling by next summer! Keep us posted.

Thank you will do :) @@Queen of Crop

3 years for me in December. I am maintaining 160# loss!!!

Im 22 months out still at goal of 159 ..hw 299