Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm officially starting my liquid diet tomorrow on the 1st, my surgery is Nov 18! I am just absolutely terrified that I will not be able to stick with it though. I have started a little early with liquid for Breakfast and lunch and then having a small dinner. Any suggestions on how to better myself on sticking with it?

My surgeon said to do 3 Protein Shakes a day, 1 for breakfast lunch and dinner and then a yogurt after breakfast for a snack and a broth after lunch.

What have your surgeons suggested for the liquid diet? I feel like mine is veeerrryy limited and I've heard that other surgeons will allow some other things.

All comments and suggestions are extremely appreciated! ????

Hi Kelsey! My surgery is the same day as yours.. Nov 18th and i am stressing about the liquid diet the same as you are! I am supposed to start it next Tuesday. All i am allowed are Protein shakes and one Protein Bar a day. I've never done liquids for more than a day (unless i had the flu!). I'm so afraid i won't be able to stick to it! Since we are having surgery the same day, hopefully we can be a support for each other. let me know how you do over the weekend with the pre op diet. :-)

@@kelseycakes20 Hi. I am on day 12 of my liquids. I get 4-5 shakes a day (I use pre-made primer Protein Shakes they are my favorite) The only other things I'm allowed are broth, sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles. I have not had any issues at all with. Tips don't go too long without drinking/eating something. Swanson makes some really good broths, Thai ginger, hot n sour,Mexican....check them out if your allowed it's much better than plain broth...I normally add some plain chicken to them though because some can be spicy. I didn't like the sugar free popsicles so I made my own out of my Protein shakes. Another thing that I think really made this easy is I don't really watch Tv it's amazing how many food commercials there are so I try to avoid looking at images of food because it seems to be a bad trigger. Well that's all I got. Hope something in here helps! Good luck!

I started my liquid diet yesterday. So far so good. I'm a little worried because all I can have is Boost diabetic and Water for 4 weeks.

I know I am going to get so sick of all the sweetness of the shakes. But I will power through. And when I'm on the other side and I can have broth and it will be like heaven!

Good luck guys! We can do this, it's a small bit of time in our long life!

Sheena :-)

Hi Kelsey! My surgery is the same day as yours.. Nov 18th and i am stressing about the liquid diet the same as you are! I am supposed to start it next Tuesday. All i am allowed are Protein Shakes and one Protein Bar a day. I've never done liquids for more than a day (unless i had the flu!). I'm so afraid i won't be able to stick to it! Since we are having surgery the same day, hopefully we can be a support for each other. let me know how you do over the weekend with the pre op diet. :-)

Haha I've never done straight liquids either unless it was the flu as well! That's so much different, its like you don't want to eat anyways because it'll get you sick lol. Yeah most definitely! I haven't been able to figure out how to add people but feel free to DM me at anytime ???? I'm hoping this weekend is easy for the most part, its just hard juggling work and school with all that's going on with the surgery as well haha

My surgeon has us do 5 shakes per day and that is it. My date is December 18 so I start my liquids sometime after December 1.

Ohh nice, congrats on your surgery date!

@@kelseycakes20 Hi. I am on day 12 of my liquids. I get 4-5 shakes a day (I use pre-made primer Protein Shakes they are my favorite) The only other things I'm allowed are broth, sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles. I have not had any issues at all with. Tips don't go too long without drinking/eating something. Swanson makes some really good broths, Thai ginger, hot n sour,Mexican....check them out if your allowed it's much better than plain broth...I normally add some plain chicken to them though because some can be spicy. I didn't like the sugar free popsicles so I made my own out of my Protein shakes. Another thing that I think really made this easy is I don't really watch Tv it's amazing how many food commercials there are so I try to avoid looking at images of food because it seems to be a bad trigger. Well that's all I got. Hope something in here helps! Good luck!

Did you mean premier? Lol I've never heard of primer. Premier is deeeffinitely my favorite, I love those. Yeah I did find that if I went too long without drinking a Protein Shake or Water I was craving all the food I shouldn't be having. I'll have to check those out, sounds yummy! That is also a good idea, I don't watch much tv either unless you count Netflix hahaha but they don't have commercials so I don't have to worry about the food commercials lol. Thank you so much! ????

I started my liquid diet yesterday. So far so good. I'm a little worried because all I can have is Boost diabetic and Water for 4 weeks.

I know I am going to get so sick of all the sweetness of the shakes. But I will power through. And when I'm on the other side and I can have broth and it will be like heaven!

Good luck guys! We can do this, it's a small bit of time in our long life!

Sheena :-)

I know its so hard when there aren't that many options to have. But of course we have to stick to it ???? thank you and good luck to you as well!

Hey Everyone, I'm on the other side of the pre-op diet. (Post op day 5) I had never stuck to such a strict diet before but I knew it was all worth it. Did I get hungry, yes! Were the craving unbearable, not entirely. When I was having a bad craving, I would get up and do something or chew on a piece of gum. I even had to bake 40 halloween cupcakes for a bake sale I had volunteered for. The whole time I had my partner taste everything for me so I would know everything came out yummy without cheating. I've read about doctor's opening up patients and closing them back up and not doing the surgery because they hadn't lost enough fat around their liver. And I didn't want that to happen to me.

Just keep your head down and keep trucking along. It's hard but all worth it.

I lived on beef bouillon and Protein Shakes and lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks on my pre-op. Days 1-4 were tough then it got much easier. You will be fine. Just keep reminding yourself that it is a necessary step!

Hey Everyone, I'm on the other side of the pre-op diet. (Post op day 5) I had never stuck to such a strict diet before but I knew it was all worth it. Did I get hungry, yes! Were the craving unbearable, not entirely. When I was having a bad craving, I would get up and do something or chew on a piece of gum. I even had to bake 40 halloween cupcakes for a bake sale I had volunteered for. The whole time I had my partner taste everything for me so I would know everything came out yummy without cheating. I've read about doctor's opening up patients and closing them back up and not doing the surgery because they hadn't lost enough fat around their liver. And I didn't want that to happen to me.

Just keep your head down and keep trucking along. It's hard but all worth it.

Good point! Thank you ???? hope you're doing well! How do you feel?

I lived on beef bouillon and Protein Shakes and lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks on my pre-op. Days 1-4 were tough then it got much easier. You will be fine. Just keep reminding yourself that it is a necessary step!

Yeah the first day hasn't been too bad but I have a feeling the next few days are going to be a bit harder but I'm hoping it does get easier. Definitely! Like twice today I thought about having a small bite of something healthy like salad or boiled chicken and I was able to talk myself out of it saying that I don't need to do it. It'll be worth it in the end ????

Do you get a small healthy meal once a day? Perhaps I misunderstood my nut.