Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all October Sleevers

So, I was sleeved October 8, 2014. Two days in the hospital and I am now 11 days post op. Doing pretty well right now ... On soft foods and fluids. My sleeve hates bananas, but boy does it love pudding, baked potatoes and applesauce. Weight loss since surgery 12 pounds. Total: 21 pounds. Only thing I hate so far is sipping. When will I be able to drink normally again. Now your turn. Please share your story.

Hello,

I was sleeved on Oct 14th and the first couple of days were miserable due to extreme nausea and I ended staying in the hospital an extra night. I've been drinking assorted Protein shakes (Carnation sf instant Breakfast, Isopure, Premeir Protein Shakes) and some broth and regular Water. I've learned what sipping really means and I'm very careful. I've lost 27 lbs since I started my Dr's 30 day pre op diet ..10 of that since surgery. The only that is really concerning to me is that i feel like I've drank a pot of coffee. I'm super jittery. I'm going to call the Dr's office today about. Otherwise so far so good.

I was sleeved on Oct. 7, 2014. The first 2 days were miserable due to nausea. Everyday is better than the previous. I'm having a hard time getting my Protein shakes down. They make me gag. I'm doing well with Water and iced tea. I can't stand anything "sugar free", so I'm sticking mostly to broths and cream Soups. I'm ready for soft foods. I have a horrible taste in my mouth. I haven't weighed yet. I go for my first post op visit on Thursday. I am focusing on a life style change and not what the scale says. I've decided I will weigh once a month. I did have a couple bites of my son's scrambled eggs yesterday and thought I was in heaven. =)

I was sleeved on 10/6. I have bad reflux and I can feel it when I eat or not. It's all the time. I can swallow meds ok though. I love really cold sugar free koolaid. It has to come from the freezer with ice in it. Room temp is gross. shakes are ok but since I'm in soft foods, I am doing a lot of chicken. The canned kind is great. I sip a lot but I want to guzzle. I think I'm dehydrated and constipated. TMI. Other than that, I'm ok. Was down 25 lbs from my last visit on Sept 18.

Sleeved October 6, the only issue so far is hunger. Hasn't been that bad but I am really looking forward to solid (albeit soft) food at the end of the week. The gas pains have gone away but it took longer than expected--probably 10 days or so. No issues drinking. I can put away about 4 ounces in 15 minutes without issue. Down 29 pounds from surgery date and 63 total. I think about 50 of those pounds were in my neck, because I looked ridiculous when I put on my shirt and tie for work this morning. I can fit a whole fist in the collar.

Another thing too: I cannot believe how well I'm sleeping. I haven't slept through the night in years until about a week ago. It may have been that my cpap needed to be readjusted and I just didn't realize it. I took a nap without it a few days ago and my wife commented that I didn't snore at all. It makes me think that I'll be waiving goodbye to my sleep apnea shortly on down the road, which I am very excited about.

I was sleeved on the 13th! I had a one night stay in the hospital. I haven't had any complications thus far. I'm still on full liquids until October 30. I'm getting in my recommended 40grams of Protein, but I swear it takes me ALL DAY. I still haven't finished my first protein shake! This is making it hard to get in all my fluid... I only got in about 50 ounces yesterday, when the recommended is 64. I'm super excited, because I've lost 13.6 pounds since last Monday. I have not been the slightest bit hungry, fortunately.

Oh, and I also have a HORRIBLE taste in my mouth. It won't go away!

I was sleeved on 10/2. I had a 2 night stay in the hospital. no gas, heartburn, nausea. I was able to drink (sip) very next day. I am still on liquid diet per my doctor. I will see him and dietitian on Thursday, 3 weeks post op. hoping they will all pureed food to diet as I am getting very bored with the liquid Protein shakes, broth and Water although I have also been having yogurt. as of this morning, 17 days post op, I have lost 23.2 lbs. I am walking a mile every other day. I have been sleeping really well, through the night. I am not snoring. I have more energy. I am staying awake later than usual. last night my husband grilled a boneless leg of lamb. I cut a piece, chewed it to death and then spit it out. the taste was enough to satisfy the hunger in my head and mouth.

Edited by Lucy Lu

I had my surgery 10/6

2 weeks ago today. I feel good. No real complications. Went back to 2 jobs after one week.

The last 8 days 7 of them I have walked a mile. Start puree/soft foods on Friday. I am fortunate

the smell of food does not bother me, nor does it bother me when the office is full of sweets.

Though the mood swings have been a bit frustrating. I read and read everything I could and thought I knew it all, WRONG. Emotional roller coaster, though been good for a few days.

From the pre diet 9/15 of 219 to present down 27 lbs.

very happy with my decision

Edited by orrio82

Surgery was October 16th so almost 4 days later now. Was in hospital until yesterday. Acid reflux and nausea was bad first 2 days and I could only do a few spoonfuls but I was even able to get cream Soup and yogurt down day 2 and 3. Today is my first day "hungry" and I've had a full Jello, pudding and 1 cup of soup. I had my gallbladder out at same time. I walked the block. I'm feeling great. I don't mind sipping. My prepop diet I lost 29 pounds. Haven't weighed in yet since. All I know is I am on the right track and I feel great!

Was sleeved on Oct 6th. Down 15lbs. Feels good. Little pain in top incision. Go to nutritionist on Friday and hope to start purée foods. Been struggling like everyone with Protein Shakes. Just got Isopure powder today. Will try out tonight. 50 grams Protein per serving!! Hoping it is better than other premixed ones.

Can't wait to taste some real food. All this liquid is giving me this yucky taste in my mouth... I brush my teeth many times a day to get rid of it!!

I know yesterday my sleeve loved potatoes, but today was a totally different story. Hated them today. Only doing Protein, Water and pudding. I did get a nice walk in today too. The hubby joined me. We haven't done that in years. It was nice.

Also, keep the stories coming. Let's me know I'm not alone.

Hello Everyone.. I was Sleeved on Monday Oct. 13 At Abington Hospital In Pa. I only had to stay one nite. I'm home and bored now lol...

Any questions please ask....

Hi guys! I was sleeved 10/13 and had to stay in the hospital for two nights due to severe nausea. Since then, I haven't had any, which I'm so thankful for!!! I am on liquids for 2 more weeks and today I was able to add cream Soups and yogurt. So far, my sleeve has been amazing with adding foods! It likes to talk to me right after eating, but it's only for a few seconds and then it's quiet. I've been lucky that it likes my Protein Shakes with skim milk too! I'm able to walk for 20-30 minutes a day, which has helped a lot! Today at my one week post op, I have lost 14 lbs.