Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the GS done on Sep 2nd and now I've hit the dreaded 3 week stall. I was wondering if anyone can tell how long I should expect this? I have a friend that has the GS and he said his lasted almost a month. I sure hope mine doesn't last that long. Anyone have and stall stories that can cheer me up. I kinda feel like a failure because of this.

I am in the same boat. This had lasted from week 3 and I am now week 5! Determined not to give up. I have lost 28 pounds total which I would not have done without the surgery in just 5 weeks. however, I have no idea how to make this stall stop.

I stalled around 4th week. I logged everything I ate and realized I was eating too many carbs. Keep carbs low, Protein high and eat some healthy fats. Low carbs keeps the body in ketosis which entices the body to burn fat. Drink plenty of fluids and walk walk walk or exercise. Mix up your daily routine including calories, if you keep it the same the body gets comfortable and tends to plateau or stall.

My sx was on Aug 25. Lost 24 pounds in the first three weeks, then had a stall for a week. scale just started moving again and I'm at 28 pounds.

My only "stall" so far was in week 2. I lost 7 pounds in week one and only 0.4 pounds in week two. Just finished week three and lost 3.8 pounds. Hopefully I'll keep losing and won't stall out again in week four!

Sleeved August 4. I hit a stall right after two weeks and it lasted just over three weeks. Very frustrating, but there's nothing to do but push through it. I wasn't doing anything wrong, and I knew others were experiencing a stall at about the same point. One advantage is that it allowed my body to adjust to the fast loss I had during pre-op liquid and the first two weeks post-op. I actually want the loss to be slow and steady so that my sagging skin issues may not be as severe.

Try to not get frustrated. Keep fighting the good fight, do what you are supposed to do and it will all be ok! It is very common to hit plateaus as you go along the journey. Other things are happening during these times when the scales are not moving but they are still part of the process. Hang in there!

I was sleeved on 8/7, and stalled around week 3. It lasted about 2 weeks. Once things got going again though, I was back in full force. I've lost about 38lbs total, but during that stall, I gained a pound.

It's so easy to get discouraged after basically a lifetime of weight loss attempts not working. You'll get through it. Just trust your plan, and keep your head up!

I'm in the same stall right now. Good to read about the experience of others

There is a sub forum on here that you should post to.....

"Don't sweat the stall stuff"

And my advice to you all is save yourself a whole lot of unnecessary stress and frustration and simply STAY OFF THE SCALE!

I was sleeved 8/19, the stall came right on time at week 3, it just broke, so about 2 weeks. I actually picked up my calories and balanced out carbs and I feel better and starting to lose again. I don't particularly like Protein Shakes and supplements so I'm trying to get my nutrients from food and I've been tolerating everything pretty well, I just have to listen to my new friend and it's going well.