Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MEASURABLE Non-weight successes!

Holy COW!! The changes in my body are so very noticeable and I'm beside myself with excitement! Yes, I've lost 26 pounds, and that's so incredibly awesome, but the OTHER successes are even more important to me.

* I've dropped from a size 24 to a size 20. (Sadly, this means I have to go shopping. I hate shopping.)

* I've dropped from a 42H bra size to a 40F ... and am currently wearing a 40DD sports bra that I've not been able to wear in THREE YEARS!

* I have more ENERGY to do things that I need and want to do.

* NO MORE UPPER BACK FAT!! This morning when I put my bra on, it felt like the strap was caught on my fat. It's happened so very often that I've gotten used to checking the mirror to see where things are hung up and maneuver it around the fat rolls. But this morning when I looked .. the strap was simply TWISTED, and there was NO FAT for the strap to be caught on!! WHAT??

* My hubby is very .... appreciative of my shrinking form. I'll just leave that as it is. ;)

What awesome successes have you guys achieved?

I took all of my 6X and 5X clothing (good condition, some unworn) to a store run by a local group for challenged individuals. Getting rid of those clothes was like getting a new life. Just the other day I noticed I could fit into some 3X pants that I had bought many years ago--but could never wear! Wow!! What a good feeling.

I'm hoping in a few months the 4X pants and 3X shirts will be another "donation" to a good cause! I was tired of having a closet full of clothes that only fit at the extremes of my previous failed weight loss efforts... so far the band is working; I may not always lose, but I never gain. It will be nice to be able to get down to one final size, and closet full of new clothes that fit without being tight or too loose.

Another victory was being able to go on a 16 day vacation (part cruise) and being able to sample all of the great food, and coming home with only a pound gain, which was gone in four days after getting back into the gym routine!

I can walk without getting out of breath. I can climb stairs without getting out of breath. I fit in an airline seat. I can ride a bike. I get sore sitting too long because I have bones. Who knew. I dropped from 3x-4x tops to 2x and 1x. I dropped from 2x pants to 18w. I bought two smaller bathing suits in two different sizes in April and they are both already too big. I don't sweat so much. I sleep at night. I am rested. I went off one blood pressure medicine, off my cholesterol medicine, off my prescription NSAID, off of Prevacid, off of Fiber pills, off of pain meds. I take arthritis Tylenol and one blood pressure medicine and Flintstones Vitamins. My dresser no longer resembles a pharmacy.

Edited by JustWatchMe

My wedding ring fits again!

Went from a size 22 to 18 in 4 weeks :)

The best feeling is being able to fit into regular sizes for the first time in forever! I still get Lane Bryant mailers and it makes me smile to know I am too small to wear anything in their store.

I have an apple shape so even thought I am currently 189 I wear size 12 pants ( size 10 if they are stretch jeans) That was a big kick to me. I have donated most of my old work clothes and hopefully someone can use them. I also had to buy all new bras/lingerie which was fun.

Although my wardrobe is limited now I look forward to shopping. No more overpriced plus size clothes. That will save me $$

I can now CROSS MY LEGS COMFORTABLY!! I've not been able to so that in YEARS. I'm looking forward to many more wins. :D

I am looking forward to smaller bras with coloured thin straps next summer

I can't wait to be able to shop in my own closet. Having gained 85 lbs over the last 5 years, I have plenty of current barely-worn clothing that I love and can't wait to wear again!

I went through my clothes this weekend. It is fun to shop in my own closet. Sad when some favourites are too large

I've now gone from a size 22 to size 14/16 and I had my surgery 2 months ago today. It's even more crazy because I've only lost 15 pounds so far but I'm losing sizes/inches!!!

Fantastic Rebecca. I am having a shopping weekend in 7 days to ensure I have work clothes