Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had lapband with plication August 14th and am slightly annoyed with one of my friends. She's asked me how much weight I've lost every single time I've talked to her and it bothers me! I didn't have this surgery to start tracking my weight loss every day! I had the surgery because my own dad died from being morbidly obese at 65 and I finally had the BMI and the insurance to cover it. I guess I should be more concerned with how much weight I need to lose, so many people on here are talking about being stuck at weight loa and I'm just not getting it! I am about 210 lbs and 5 feet tall.. Does anybody else feel the way I do? I don't really care about loosing lbs, I just want to live longer and not be so freaking tired and sore from carrying too much weight! Lol

I was sleeved on June 5th and every time I saw my mom she would ask the same thing. However it only took a few times of me reminding her that I only weigh at dr appts before she got over the number on the scale. Now she tells me how pretty I am and how good I look. Which is a whole different issue because it reminds me how far I let myself go. I know that she is trying to be supportive so I just say thank and change the subject. Do you think your friend is coming from a mean place? If not just try explaining to her what you just told us it may put things in perspective for her.

It sounds like you have a good attitude. So many of us get so hung up on the number of lbs lost and lbs to go that we forget to appreciate the health improvements we are achieving. You are so right. Getting beyond my co-morbidities is way more important than the number on the scale. I also think pressuring yourself to lose a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time might lead to frustration and eventual backsliding.

Of course, I'm a big hypocrite because I am tickled that I made my Labor Day goal a week early. But I hope that if I did no make the goal, I would just keep on keeping on without recriminations.

I can't tell you how many times I've told people on here to throw their scale away. Whining about stalls makes me CRAZY! Thank you SO MUCH for your post. It so refreshing to hear from someone who "gets it". If you eat healthy and trust the process, you will get where you want to be. You are saving yourself from all the self-induced stress that the numbers on the scale can cause. I, too, had several people that kept asking me how much I lost. They couldn't fathom how I didn't know.

I don't even own a scale. I weighed myself 3-4 times in my first 2 months post op at doctors appointments. But then I started weighing myself once/week on the dog scale at work so I have something to put on my ticker. But even that has variables, because I'm wearing different clothes and shoes and sometimes it's before Breakfast and sometime after lunch. The details don't really matter.

Good luck with everything!

Edited by Kindle

I flat out tell people now that it's "a lot" and the number is personal. I joke it off. "You KNOW I'm not going to tell you that number, right? "

I was caught off guard the other day and actually lied. Now that's screwed up. "Thirty something!" Um, double that. But please, don't do the math on me -- I don't like it!

As for the number of pounds, I'm with you on how it's just a number. What I want is a strong toned body.

I had lapband with plication August 14th and am slightly annoyed with one of my friends. She's asked me how much weight I've lost every single time I've talked to her and it bothers me! I didn't have this surgery to start tracking my weight loss every day! I had the surgery because my own dad died from being morbidly obese at 65 and I finally had the BMI and the insurance to cover it. I guess I should be more concerned with how much weight I need to lose, so many people on here are talking about being stuck at weight loa and I'm just not getting it! I am about 210 lbs and 5 feet tall.. Does anybody else feel the way I do? I don't really care about loosing lbs, I just want to live longer and not be so freaking tired and sore from carrying too much weight! Lol

I guess it depends on whether you think it's because she is excited for you or trying to see if you're gonna fall on your face. Either way, as long as you are taking care of yourself then it doesn't matter.

Haaa welcome to the real worl of WLS!! Some people always want to know and some of us always want people to know!!

I find it annoying!! I just say Im not sure or i dnt know the exact amount and if they dig deeper i just say Im really focused on being healthy and staying toned!

Such a great question! My sister was sleeved in December. I wanted to ask her every time we spoke on the phone. I was living her journey and really excited for her. It is so unimportant now. She is healthy and looks great! I'm so happy for her, and she inspired me to get WLS too. I don't want to get hung up on a number. I want to,feel healthy, energetic so much more than all the other benefits. I really need to focus on getting out of a chair to stand up, walking my dogs without sweating, cleaning my house without being exhausted the rest of the day. Don't get me wrong! I'll also love looking good too!