Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very soon I will go from Band to Sleeve!

Hello good people!

I'm so excited to find some folks that can relate to me. I have been trying for more than 2 year to have my revision from the band to the sleeve. I was sleeved in late 2008. I started off good, but I never lost more than 60, and that was a fight. I realize that although any surgery is just a tool and the work comes from the person, I realize that I need more help that I thought. So I am scheduled for the 19th. I was initially scheduled for the 12th, but I think I need more time to mentally prepare myself. I was just told I was approved, and then I was told to just let then know when I am ready. Soooooo....... now you might feel some of my apprehension. I know this is my dream, I'm just nervous. I want to do well. I know that the journey with the sleeve is completely different. I just need some encouragement and understanding from some people that know just what I am going through. Thanks in advance :)

Awesome, congratulations. ...I am wondering why 2 years?

I was band in 2005 and my paperwork for the revision was submitted to BCBSIL today and I am nervous about the outcome, really praying for an approval.

You were sleeved in 2008? Or banded?

I was banded Nov. 2008. When I first started having issues my surgeon was not supportive at all. I will tell them about my band locking up, me vomiting all the time. They didn't care. Just wanted me to keep coming in, so they could be paid. When I relocated my new doctor was ready to revise my band to the sleeve, but my insurance said that I was 10 pounds too light. There was no fight. We just accepted what was said, because there was nothing that really could be done, because I had no real history with this new doctor. So 2 years later, my new local insurance is approving me. But it was still a fight, but I was approved Thursday. I was told to pick my date. That scared the crap out of me, but I have been keeping it cool. I have kept off about 10 of the 60 pounds, and that's on a good day. So this is a long time coming, but I'm still super nervous.

You were sleeved in 2008? Or banded?

I was banded Nov. 2008. And I will be sleeved on the 19th. Wooohooo!

Did you pick a date? Everything I've read is peoe are happy happy happy with

I was given the opportunity to pick my day. I was going to choose the 12th, but because I just got approved nearly 2 weeks ago, I think I got a little nervous.

Aloud whisper, I think I know what your feeling. Some moments I'm so ready for the change but in the next breathe so unsure. I had a rough time with the band and I don't want to go through that. For me right this moment I want a new lease on life. I want to be able to move freely, walk with out pain, be healthy, fit in a chair and not feel horrible I can't control my portion size. I'm praying that everything will be worth the extreme amount of work for this tool to work. I need to get there in my head. There will always be fear even if you know " it's the best thing to do ."

Best of luck and keep us posted .

Hi! I am in the process now of trying to get the band out! I am so uncomfortable (the last few months) and was banded in January 2012. My old surgeon didn't care once he got his paycheck so I am currently looking for a new one. I hope I can get it out. Honestly, I regret getting it and hope the sleeve will work out better for me!

Best of luck to you!

Ok so to be honest with you all, I had a complete break down today and I know I need my band out. There are days when i can't even have Water or a piece of fruit without something getting "stuck." I hate this. I really do! I have a family friend who got the band and it worked great for her and here I am getting so much slack for wanting it out. I've cried numerous times over this but I know my best decision is getting it taken out, pending insurance approval when I find a new surgeon. I want to get a sleeve, maybe even in the same surgery and hope that can be done. How did you all decide that band wasn't for you anymore?

Aloud whisper, I think I know what your feeling. Some moments I'm so ready for the change but in the next breathe so unsure. I had a rough time with the band and I don't want to go through that. For me right this moment I want a new lease on life. I want to be able to move freely, walk with out pain, be healthy, fit in a chair and not feel horrible I can't control my portion size. I'm praying that everything will be worth the extreme amount of work for this tool to work. I need to get there in my head. There will always be fear even if you know " it's the best thing to do ."

Best of luck and keep us posted .

Thanks so much. I'm starting my Preop diet in the morning. I'm a little nervous. I have read about a lot of people cheating, and I am happy to know that I can have lean meat and plenty of green veggies. But I have to have 4 of the Meal Replacements I was forced to purchase. So it seems that I will be ok. I don't want to broadcast this surgery, so i am trying to figure out the best way to work this without always having to explain.

Hi! I am in the process now of trying to get the band out! I am so uncomfortable (the last few months) and was banded in January 2012. My old surgeon didn't care once he got his paycheck so I am currently looking for a new one. I hope I can get it out. Honestly, I regret getting it and hope the sleeve will work out better for me!

Best of luck to you!

I hate my band. However, I appreciate the journey of having the band. I learned a lot about myself during this process.

I hate my band. However, I appreciate the journey of having the band. I learned a lot about myself during this process.

Definitely hate mine too... Just realizing it's not for me but I agree about learning about about yourself in the process!

I think I am learning more than I bargained for. Today was day 1 of my preop, and I cheated already. What I had wasn't super bad, but it great either. I feel bad, but I pray that tomorrow is a better day. I also feel good that I cheated up in the day. Maybe I will have a chance to burn the calories.

I'm now talking to my surgeon about going from band to sleeve but am worried about the insurance - Cigna. I've been banded since 2008 and pretty much gained most of my weight back