Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All--- I was sleeved on 6/27/14, overall it's been a great experience. The hardest thing I'm dealing with is comparing myself to others. I'm almost 8 weeks post op and have lost 35 lbs. Others I know that had the surgery after me are further along in their weight loss. So I'm looking for a little inspiration and other people who feel great but the number on the scale doesn't show it as much?? Feeling frustrated :/

35 pounds in 8 weeks sounds fantastic to me! I don't think you have anything to fret about. You are losing weight and feeling great! What more could you ask for?

polygirl,

Congratulations on your successful surgery and YES a 35 pound weight loss is still significant! Every body has different DNA and it's not fair to your body to try and compare it with others. We are all different and it stands to reason we all lose weight differently. As others have said--this is a marathon and not a sprint.

I was just moving a box of kitty litter the other day, (26 pounds) and I thought DARN this thing is HEAVY! No wonder I was so tired all the time carrying around several times that in excess weight.

Blessings,

Kathleen

Ignore other people's results and focus on your own. I lost weight I guess sorta fast, but flip side is i had SO MUCH to lose that nobody even noticed it until I lost the first 50#. We all have a different journey and the key is to make the very most of YOURS! good luck!

I've lost 27 pounds to date. No one has noticed. Because I've not told anyone about my surgery, I'm ok with no comments. Actually like that. Also, I've kinda been keeping to myself. The great news is, I've noticed!! I constantly look in the mirror and smile. I love my secret! I'm happy not to be discussing my progress every time I see someone I know. I'm still wearing all my same clothes even it they are now too big. The good thing is I have quite a few things that were too tight. Plan to get into those. I really don't want yo do any shopping until I'm down at least 50 pounds. And then, only a few until I reach goal. I'm saving my credit cards for the big day. I have a sewing machine and will try to alter as much as I am able to.

i was sleeved the same week and all told am down 40 lbs. that includes my pre op. i'm too trying to not compare but it IS hard.

even my MOM says "the weight isn't coming off as fast as others, is it"?...well, maybe not but it's MORE than i ever did on my own!

just stay focused. this is not a marathon. i figure that with my starting weight and such it should take me probably until mid-winter to meet my goal and that's ok. i'm just staying the course.

hardest thing I'm dealing with is comparing myself to others.

@@polygirl

My 84 year old mom is in rehab following her fall causing her to break a hip :angry:

surgery was 10 weeks ago

mom will probably be at rehab at least another 2-3 weeks

many of her friends have said - OMG you should have been home by now, stuff like that

"I was home much sooner than you" it only took me 7 weeks (or 8 etc.)

makes her feel really bad/sad

like what am i doing wrong :wacko:

she is doing wonderfully though, so all is going well :)

anology i'm TRYING to make - just because someone else might lose weight faster than you - oh well, thats ok

it all comes out in the wash ;)

that being said..........

your progress is terrific/wonderful :)

@@CowgirlJane correctly/wisely ;) said.............. "ignore other people's results and focus on your own."

Never, ever, ever compare yourself with others - (people have been shot for less! :D )

this actually could/should apply with life in general :)

common phrase on the board - "the only think we have in common is that we're all different" ;)

this all being said...........

35 lbs is wonderful!!! :)

keep your eyes wide open through this process

but, close your ears to certain "things" that are said

keep up the good job :)

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy