Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Read this if you're in pain after surgery

Hi all,

I am 12 days post -op and this topic are for those of you experiencing pain first few days of surgery. I just want to inform everyone that this pain goes away on the 2nd week. I felt so much pain the first 3 days after surgery and today, I feel nothing. I literally called my surgeon to ask when I can go to the gym and he said as of today, I can use the treadmill but no weight lifting.

I lost an amazing 14 lbs! I am 170 lbs right now and I am very happy that I want to uplift mood of people undergoing the first few days post-op. Believe me , pain goes away. Take your gas-x and walk a lot.

I am still on liquids, will start mushy food in 2 days. I feel like I can continue the liquids because I think with the liquid diet, you lose weight quick. Any input on this?

Thanks for reading my post.

Congrats on feeling better! I'm on day 8 post surgery and still a little uncomfortable, so your post was just what I needed, thanks! I'm still on liquids as well, and getting bored but enjoying watching my number go down. I'm curious if you feel any restriction. I don't yet, but I'm figuring that's because I'm liquid only. I'm trying to remember to just sip, but it's hard to keep in mind when I don't feel much different yet. I do seem to get full faster though, so that's good news for sure.

Hi knad. I don't feel any restriction at all because the band is not tight yet. I do feel like hunger is not that much of an issue with me at all compared before surgery. There is maybe a bit of restriction because the band is in the stomach so I guess we get full faster.

Like you, I am so happy with the results. I have never seen the scale go down for the last 3 years and now it is all happening.

Thanks for the encouragement! I am 4 days post op and not feeling well at all. I have no appetite and nothing tastes good. I'm trying to walk because the gas pains still there. Just glad to see others getting past this and feeling so much better! I have to go back to work on Monday...first day of school for me and don't want to miss. I did tell them if Monday doesn't go well then I might need to take a couple more days. Just hoping I start feeling better over the weekend. :)

Have a great weekend!

I agree, I was banded on the 20th, so I am also day 4, I also have no appetite, I am trying to push liquids downs, cause I know I need it! I am also very tired! I just said, I can't wait to feel normal, what ever that might feel like! Like on the pre diet, I want to get to the feel of Normal! I am just trying to relax, rest and recover. I have to go to work Monday also! Good Luck!!

I was feeling a little better today until I passed out in the hall. I got up from the bed too fast and started feeling lightheaded. Usually I'm fine just hanging onto the wall while it passes, but today my legs must have just given out. Thank goodness I didn't hurt my stomach area, but really sprained my right ankle, hurt my left knee, and busted up one of my toes. I am being very careful now anytime I get up! I'm really afraid I screwed up my knee because it really is killing me!

Of course now it hurts to walk, and I have felt weak all day. So mad at myself for not getting up slowly this morning... :(

Be careful everyone! :)

Hoping for a better tomorrow!

I still remember that pain that radiates to left shoulder first few days after surgery. It still hits me sometimes if I eat the wrong food. Mind you, I tried to have self control but it is very hard to avoid temptations. I am pain free right now and I have no problems swallowing food and always hungry. I need a fill soon!

I am with you toothfairy... I was banded on 8/13 and now I feel like I am on a eternal diet... I have hunger and anything goes down, I feel no restriction at all... I need my fill like yesterday!!! :( Is this normal??? Did I make the right choice???

I was banded on 8/20 and was miserable for the past 5 days. But this morning i had a nice hot cup of coffee, and after the first sip, i finally burped. That first burp must have loosened the airway for gas to leave my bloated stomach. I have never been so happy. I feel like a weight was lifted off of my chest.

Dayana4100... hunger is normal after banding. Are you still on liquids? If so you need to drink something every 2 hours to help with the hunger and get your Protein in. Trust me you made the right choice!! ???? Banded 5-22-14 lost 35lbs so far!!