Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Else Gone Through This Problem of Skin Hanging?

Hello everyone, or anyone...I have had my gastric bypass just a little over a year ago and lost 105 lbs. I'm scared to try to lose more because of the skin hanging all over my body...you can exercise only so much to tone it up. I'm having a meeting with my primary doctor to have him check me out and see if he can recommend the excess skin needs to be taken off due to "medical reasons". I have to have that for my insurance to "possibly" cover it. I hate my body now. Yes, I expected the weight loss, however, I did not consider all this hanging skin. Now it's depressing me and I feel miserable.

post-228456-0-80801000-1408355748_thumb.jpg

post-228456-0-04866000-1408355765_thumb.jpg

Edited by tmartin1023

The after is only after losing 90 lbs. I now have lost the 105 lbs.

I think you look great, but I know the skin is not all visible. I was aware of the hanging skin issue before I started this process.

There is only so much you can do eith out surgery, toning your muscles and making sure you moisturize.

Most insurance will only cover when medically necessary, such as a rash problem, so I could only see a rash forming where you have folds of skin, the apron and under your boobs, if you have boobs left. A little birdy told me that if you don't have a rash problem, a scrub brush might help make it appear as if you do. I know its bad, but...

During my last Support Group with the surgeon this question of sagging skin came up a patient who is 3 months out stood up and told us his method, this may sound strange but he showed us the results, he uses Preparation H as well as Vicks Vapor Rub both are generic he rubs the preparation h on first then vicks vapor rub then wraps the area with plastic wrap he then sleeps in this and in the morning removes it and showers and doesn't do it again until that night before bedtime.

His results were amazing and the doctor even said he had heard of that technique before the patient found the recipe for this type of skin tightening online.

just thought this may help a few post op peeps out there

During my last Support Group with the surgeon this question of sagging skin came up a patient who is 3 months out stood up and told us his method, this may sound strange but he showed us the results, he uses Preparation H as well as Vicks Vapor Rub both are generic he rubs the preparation h on first then vicks vapor rub then wraps the area with plastic wrap he then sleeps in this and in the morning removes it and showers and doesn't do it again until that night before bedtime.

His results were amazing and the doctor even said he had heard of that technique before the patient found the recipe for this type of skin tightening online.

just thought this may help a few post op peeps out there

He uses both together??? At the same time? Then wraps up? I'm game to try it if it works!! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for all the help...I think I may try that Preparation H and Vick's Vapor Rub thing... That's only if my insurance doesn't cover it. I'd like to be sure if it helps me or not. I've also noticed that everywhere that is sagging itches all the time. Thanks also for the compliment that I look fine already, but yes, the fat is covered. I believe I look hideous, and it depresses me. I don't mind being the size I am, I just don't like the sagging skin. That's all that I don't like about it.

Edited by tmartin1023

He said he rubs in the preparation h im sure really good then applies the vicks vapor rub then wraps in plastic wrap, he said he started with the large rolls from Walmart of wrap then found it was cheaper to go to lowes or home depot and get the moving plastic wrap he said it covers more area and is more comfortable.

then he goes to bed and removes it all before showering, i would imagine though if you are home a lot that you could do this during the day as well, i haven't got that far in my surgery yet but i will be trying it down the road.

Hello everyone, or anyone...I have had my gastric bypass just a little over a year ago and lost 105 lbs. I'm scared to try to lose more because of the skin hanging all over my body...you can exercise only so much to tone it up. I'm having a meeting with my primary doctor to have him check me out and see if he can recommend the excess skin needs to be taken off due to "medical reasons". I have to have that for my insurance to "possibly" cover it. I hate my body now. Yes, I expected the weight loss, however, I did not consider all this hanging skin. Now it's depressing me and I feel miserable.

and by the way you look great !!!!!

You look wonderful!! I too am a little over a year after surgery. I have lost 138 pounds but I can't either get the flabby skin to tone up. I will try this remedy too.

He said he rubs in the preparation h im sure really good then applies the vicks vapor rub then wraps in plastic wrap, he said he started with the large rolls from Walmart of wrap then found it was cheaper to go to lowes or home depot and get the moving plastic wrap he said it covers more area and is more comfortable.

then he goes to bed and removes it all before showering, i would imagine though if you are home a lot that you could do this during the day as well, i haven't got that far in my surgery yet but i will be trying it down the road.

did he use the generic kind or the regular preparation h, because a tube is expensive, just wondering because im going to stock up just in case.

I have a friend whose daughter rubs down in Preparation H right before working out. So there might be something to this. But my dr. recommends against it because a lot of people end up having adverse reactions to it. Ya'll try it out though and let me know how it goes. If it works, maybe I'll try it, lol.

I am going to try it, my stomach is on the flat side now and I feel I may be a good candidate lmao.

Hi I have heard that after skin removal, if you gain any weight back it won't go to these area's? I heard it goes to area's that you might not want it to go. Does anyone know if this is true? I have a long ways to go but my arms are already really loose. I am almost 50 so i think my skin is older and may not go back as easy. Any information is helpful. thank you

Brian Green

Thank you very much for this tip ???? when I get my surgery I will definitely try it, also my sister had her WLS 2 years ago and recently had a Tummy Tuck that went bad post op but is now healing and she would love to try this

Has anyone actually tried it? Im thinking about it now.