Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a kind of funny question

Are you ever really excited and then an hour later, you're like, "can I really go through with this" or "what am I getting myself into"? I just want to know if I'm alone.

No, you are not alone. I went through it. One minute excited about how my life was gonna change, and the next worried that I'd be the one that it didn't work for. Worried about what happens when I'm thin????? Yikes!!!!! I can be fat, I've been doing FAT for years! I didn't know how to be thin. You're expressing thoughts we all have gone through. Just hang in there, it's all worth the effort.

I am the exact same way. I've paid my deposit and booked my airfare (going to Mexico for my surgery), so there really is no turning back now. But, I fluctuate constantly between excitement and apprehension. One minute I can't wait and wish my surgery was tomorrow. The next minute, I'm like "what have I done?!?!" My main sources of anxiety are the money (since I'm self-paying) and knowing that my life will never be the same after this. Fortunately I'm not all that worried about the surgery itself.

No my dear you are not alone. I too have thoughts "What am I doing?" "If I can only eat 1/2 a cup at a time, I can do that myself" Then I realize if that were the case, I wouldnt be in the shape I am now. I have been dieting for 40 years. Worst of all the first 20 of that forty I wasnt over weight. So I know this is what I want, even if those thought senter my head. Im going for it.

I'm scared to death. Everyone I know that has had a type of bariatric surgery acts likes it's no big deal and that I worry to much.. Maybe so but I know I need to do something but I'm scared!

Count me in to every thing every single one of you have said. No you are not alone. One minute I'm so pumped, the next I'm second guessing the entire thing, then back to being excited, then back to thinking what the heck am I doing, then excited to wear clothes that fit, then the fear of life after the sleeve, then up down, up down.. Geish!

I'm going to Mexico, alone, then have to come back to Canada and a few days later drive eight hours to work to an isolated area where there's no town or even kitchen facilities.. So yup one minute I'm yea, then the next eeekk. I'm not worried about the surgery as much as the life that follows.

Edited by Cody's mom

I am having my sleeve on the 12th of this month and I am doing my pre-op liquid diet. I started out great, then the second day I felt like crap, then the third day I had to fast for blood work and got 440 calories under 1200 and I am having a hard time with getting my Protein where it is supposed to be, even for the pre-op, how am I going to get it in when I can barely do it now. I am worried about the recovery period, the pain, the nausea, eating this way for the rest of my life. I SOOOO want this. I finally want to be thin, healthy, and active. I want to wear skinny jeans, sit comfortably in chairs EVERYWHERE, maybe ride amusement rides and fit, chase after my granddaughter when she starts walking and running, exercise with ease, go up stairs without knee pain...I mean the list goes on and on!! I keep telling myself I got this! Being on this site mostly helps ease my mind when there is positive feedback and posts from people who have done it and succeeded. Then there is the one that scares me a bit more with excessive pain immediately after. Know I know that I will have discomfort and some pain. It is to be expected. But I am scared outta my mind at this point. 1 week, 3 days to go....I got this.....no, WE got this! :)

No, you are not alone. I went through it. One minute excited about how my life was gonna change, and the next worried that I'd be the one that it didn't work for. Worried about what happens when I'm thin????? Yikes!!!!! I can be fat, I've been doing FAT for years! I didn't know how to be thin. You're expressing thoughts we all have gone through. Just hang in there, it's all worth the effort.

Joatsaint, I just started watching some of your youtube videos and they are AMAZING. Thank you so much for posting them!

I am having my sleeve on the 12th of this month and I am doing my pre-op liquid diet. I started out great, then the second day I felt like crap, then the third day I had to fast for blood work and got 440 calories under 1200 and I am having a hard time with getting my Protein where it is supposed to be, even for the pre-op, how am I going to get it in when I can barely do it now. I am worried about the recovery period, the pain, the nausea, eating this way for the rest of my life. I SOOOO want this. I finally want to be thin, healthy, and active. I want to wear skinny jeans, sit comfortably in chairs EVERYWHERE, maybe ride amusement rides and fit, chase after my granddaughter when she starts walking and running, exercise with ease, go up stairs without knee pain...I mean the list goes on and on!! I keep telling myself I got this! Being on this site mostly helps ease my mind when there is positive feedback and posts from people who have done it and succeeded. Then there is the one that scares me a bit more with excessive pain immediately after. Know I know that I will have discomfort and some pain. It is to be expected. But I am scared outta my mind at this point. 1 week, 3 days to go....I got this.....no, WE got this! :)

Some shakes gave over 20 grams Protein. Is it to hard to do 3 shakes? Or have you tried Greek yogurt 1 cup in blender with either stevia or my new favorite is liquid drops.. I have crystal light blackberry lemonade or wal mart brand grape is awesome. I use drops in my Greek yogurt daily. But if you blend with Water or ice it's liquid . One cup has lots of protein. You may be under calories but still get enough protein?

Hi everyone ! Getting sleeved on Monday 8/4... Doing my pre op liquid... I too alternate between scared $hitless and OMGosh i can't wait for my life to begin...i too am not sure "how to do thin..." This is all a journey for me and i absolutely LOVE the support & feedback that these boards provide. Thank you all for contrubuting.

<p>I am the exact same way. I've paid my deposit and booked my airfare (going to Mexico for my surgery), so there really is no turning back now. But, I fluctuate constantly between excitement and apprehension. One minute I can't wait and wish my surgery was tomorrow. The next minute, I'm like "what have I done?!?!" My main sources of anxiety are the money (since I'm self-paying) and knowing that my life will never be the same after this. Fortunately I'm not all that worried about the surgery itself.</p>

Can I ask why Mexico for surgery??? When majority of all insurances cover the gastric surgery.. Just curious..

Right now... I have no second thoughts just excitement as to where I will be in future with my kids... And hoping one day I fit back into my size 6 jeans that yes I saved cause they are my fave..

But I'm sure as I get closer I will.. But congrats to a life altering change in your life.. Taking charge if you is rewarding ❤️❤️❤️

Brandy, I'm scheduled for August 12 also

Can I ask why Mexico for surgery??? When majority of all insurances cover the gastric surgery.. Just curious..

A lot of insurance companies no longer cover the surgery. Neither my husband's policy, nor my policy cover it. My husband's policy, however, will pay for amphetamines and Topamax, which is an anti-epileptic.

Mexican surgeons offer a more reasonable self-pay rate I believe plus you can have avocation to boot! :) I'm refinancing my house to cover the procedure. Also, my policy has an exclusion that if any complications arise from bariatric surgery, I'm on my own.