Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chewable Vitamins - HELP!

My chewable vitamins are testing my gag reflex BIG TIME. I'm still in the liquid-only post-op phase, and these are the Vitamins purchased from my doc's office.

They taste like fruit flavored chalk!! I can hardly get them down.

Are there any alternatives to these chalky type vitamins?? Going forward, will pills be an option? I don't see myself taking these nasty things beyond finishing the bottle.

Thanks!

In the future pills will be an option but you have plenty of options now. A lot of Vitamins come in liquid form, a new thing is out from both Bariatric Advantage and Celebrate Vitamins, it's a powder that you put in your drink like crystal light and has your Multivitamin and your Calcium, some even have Protein in them and you can get samples from both places. At Celebrate, samples cost $3 with free shipping and you can send them an email requesting specific items and at Bariatric Advantage they are free, you just have to ask for them. I personally like the vitamins from Celebrate and that's what I take..they are a little chalky but don't bother me. In your samples they should have the chewable kind as well so you can see if you are able to tolerate a different brand. The new drink mix is cool though because from two drinks you get everything you need except Iron and B complex if your doc requires it which only comes in a pill.

Good luck!

I use Flintstones complete chewables. These are what my surgeon recommends to take.

I also use products from Celebrate Vitamins and you can get samples of their products if you want. Their products are very good to use.

Good luck in finding something you can use and by the way your body will never absorb the nutrients from pill form Vitamins you must use chewables because of your bypass.

Flintstones chewables with Iron.

But they taste like I chewed up a penny. :P

Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage make excellent products. I have been using them since before surgery. They are not to expensive. I feel better knowing that I use something made bariatric patients. Piece of advice unless you really love red hots candy don't get the bariatric advantage cinnamon Calcium chewable. They will burn your mouth the cinnamon is so strong.

I'm using the Celebrate, as I researched it before hand, and the consensus was they were the best and easiest to tolerate.

I cannot STAND the taste, nor the texture. They're awful.

I too use flinestones. I also use the Citrical chewy calcium citrate instead of swallowing those big honking pills.

I'm ordering some Vitamins and see you posting about Celebrate. Is that a website?

Celebrate is available online, the link is: www.celebratevitamins.com

As far as gummies and Flinstones, you have to ask your surgeon..their opinions vary it seems. My surgeon said only bariatric Vitamins and no Flinstones but others take the flinstones and do fine on them. Your safest bet is to get Vitamins made for bariatric patients.

OMG, Celebrate has soft chew multivitamins!! They are really good, I got free samples of the berry and the orange and I'm going to exchange my regular ones that are more chalky for those!! I'm so happy :)

I tried to be a good girl and use the doctor office products (Bariatric Advantage), but some of that stuff makes me miserable! Really it's the Calcium chewables that make me want to cry, but the Multivitamin is not far behind; the rest of the products are fine! I do remember my nutritionist saying flinstone Complete would be just fine :) For the Flintstone Complete, do you follow the recommended dose on the bottle? Or do you dose differently?

I use Flintstones complete chewables. These are what my surgeon recommends to take.

I also use products from Celebrate Vitamins and you can get samples of their products if you want. Their products are very good to use.

Good luck in finding something you can use and by the way your body will never absorb the nutrients from pill form Vitamins you must use chewables because of your bypass.