Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel gulity because i will be banded in November and i have not changed my eating habits.

I am waiting for my insurance to OK my lap-band surgery. But in the mean time i am eating like i always have,its like i know i will never be able to have these foods again. And i guess maybe i will feel deprived and have mad cravings?

why do i do this knowing i need to change? I feel like i want to eat everything ,i guess like a alcoholic having his last drink before going in to rehab. I just hope that i can get over these feelings and have better control of my eating. Maybe i will have to change or die.

Nothing abnormal about your behavior. If you could change your behavior without the band why would you even need it? This is why we all had WLS.

"Maybe i will have to change or die."

that's what it took for me....and it's still a challenge.

Yet here 9 1/2 years postOp I'm healthier and 'almost' lighter than since high school 50 years ago.

We can make changes. Start today, it takes practice.

Sweet heart, tell us something we DON'T know. I promise you it DOES get better. It's EXACTLY how 2much put it up there ^^^^

If it was easy to control ourselves, we wouldn't be obese. In my opinion, the fact that you DO notice is an improvement because when we get to the point of obesity, is like we eat mindlessly. At least you're well aware of what you're doing. I'm confident you'll get a hold of it.

Maybe start with ONE habit at a time, you still have a few months to prepare. Good luck!!

@@bajagal101 Try not to beat yourself up. You have made a commitment to make a huge change in your life and it won't happen overnight.

Here is some well learned advice...

• Those food funerals that you are having for the foods that you "can never eat again". Stop having them because they will haunt you after you are banded for a bit and realize that yes you can eat them again and yes you will eat them again.
  • Your "bad" habits aren't really bad though they may be bad for you. The power to modify them and ultimately change them is within you.
  • Your not going to quit eating, but you are going to eat healthy. Your body needs food to fuel itself and survive, but it needs nutritious food not junk food. Start there with your modifications. Try making some healthy substitutions.
  • Start cooking some of your meals, pre-planning your lunch/dinner. Making a shopping list and sticking to it so you have those healthier choices available.
  • Don't make 180 turn, it's easier to start out with a 30 degree shift in focus and keep moving in the right direction until you get to there.
  • Take it one day and one meal at a time. Make a plan and try your best to stick to it.
  • When your pre-op phase comes be ready. Have that plan. Know what kind of shakes you like. Start sampling them now. When you find one you like, have it ready and on hand.
  • If you know you have 2 weeks on full liquids, start out 4 weeks ahead and just replace one meal at at time. Start with Breakfast...replace that for a week...move to lunch the next week...and then by week three you will be there and on full liquids ready to rock and roll!

My final tip...check in with your support groups or here on BP and let everyone know how you are doing, and if you have questions that's what we are here for!!

Best of luck to you and congrats!!

I feel there is nothing wrong with your thinking.It is true that you will need to change,especially your eating habits as you will have to prepare yourself and make a lot of changes to your diet for your surgery.You will need to start soon so that you will be able to achieve your target post your surgery.Good Luck.

Thank you all for your helpful words of wisdom! I will remember them and push forward....Bajagal101

Baja. What day is your surgery?