Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My weight has increased 20 pounds from my stable point over the past few months....

So I got my surgery a year and a few days ago, and my weight dropped from 315ish to 268 at the lowest, and was hovering around 270 for awhile.....

Now, I went to a doctors appointment when I was at 278...now I weighed in at around 295 at home.......

I dont want to go to my doctors and tell them this. They saw my weight gain and told me to go on a 600 calorie a day liquid diet and I was like "LOL NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because it just sounded ridiculous and impossible. Sleeve or not, thats borderline starving yourself. Thats a BIG problem as to why I gained weight. A part of me was like "I'll show them!!!"..............

and now my clothes arent fitting, so I sure showed them...

Are you tracking your intake? At a year out you should be around 800 to 1000. That's probably why your dr dropped you down to 600. Thats not a huge decrease. 600 is also not starving if you eat nutritionally wise. Its a lifetime journey. . And work :)

So what do you plan to do?

Look back over all the posts you've made under this username. From the beginning, you've made the choice not go comply with any of your doctor's instructions.

Alcohol, chips, pizza...

You've been repeatedly advised to get yourself back on track with a low calorie, high Protein diet which you refuse to believe will work. Oddly, it's worked for so many of us who choose to actually do as advised.

You and I had our surgeries at about the same time. You are young, male, and your BMI is higher than mine. You should be at or close to goal by now but you are refusing to follow plan. I know what I'm saying sounds harsh, but it's reality.

No one here can give you better advice than your doctor -- advice you refuse to follow. Only you can decide to make the changes you need to succeed and I hope you do. I know you can.

Edited by LipstickLady

Not understanding why you won't follow their advice? It was our bad choices in the past that led us here...know what I mean?

I think you weren't ready then and you certainly aren't ready now. Someday I hope you are.

Good luck to you and I hope you give yourself a fighting chance. But I don't think you will. Sorry

I used it as a tool to curb my eating disorder, but now it just seems like everything I do is preventing it from working. On top of the alcohol (to be fair, I only drink like once a month now), since discovering costco my general health has gne down too.

For example, I went to costco on Sunday.......I bought a 36-pack of diet drinks, 15-pack of tamales, 60-pack of Waffles, and a 30 pack of burritos. All but 4 tamales are gone.....The waffles are 190 calories, the tamales are 300, and the burritos are around 300....so that is around 5000 calories a day..........come to think of that, its quite a bit............a lot more than I expected. I was expecting 2.5k or 3k...

Is 600 calorie liquid diet even possible, honestly? I really SHOULD contact the doctor's, but I felt realllllllly guilty and ashamed (both of self-guilt, and what they said, that I failed (without using those words) and I should have lost more)

I have been reading through your threads and it is making me very sad. I am pre-op and have only recently come to the decision to have the surgery. I am doing a lot of research because I know that surgery is not a "magic bullet".

I am not where you are in your journey but I have worked with college students in helping them succeed in school. How are you doing in school? My guess from your posts is that you are having struggles in most areas of your life.

May I offer some unsolicited advice and give you a bit of homework?

First, be completely honest with yourself, your surgeon and your therapist.

Write out why you had the surgery in the first place and what you hoped the surgery would help you accomplish. What do you want your life to be like?

Print out your threads on this discussion board and share them with your surgeon and therapist.

Go through these posts and write down everwhere you said you CANT do something.

Change each of these statements to a positive statement.

Make a list of the advice that others have shared wirh you. (It probably matches your surgeons instructions in the first place -- pull out your surgery manual if you received one and reread it).

Once you have done this you probably have a very clear list of things to do every day. -- get back to basics.

Pull out your calendar and make a schedule include your classes, study time, activities, sleep, etc. Fill in the activities you need to get back on track -- be detailed. Schedule time to drink Protein shakes, take Vitamins, drink Water, exercise, etc. Get your nutritionist to help you with this.

I think if you try these suggestions, you may not feel so overwhelmed.

You have already had the surgery. With the help of professionals and support from resources like this board, you can succeed. But, you have to do the work one day at a time.

Keep your chin up!

Edited by shannonsgt

I used it as a tool to curb my eating disorder, but now it just seems like everything I do is preventing it from working. On top of the alcohol (to be fair, I only drink like once a month now), since discovering costco my general health has gne down too.

For example, I went to costco on Sunday.......I bought a 36-pack of diet drinks, 15-pack of tamales, 60-pack of Waffles, and a 30 pack of burritos. All but 4 tamales are gone.....The waffles are 190 calories, the tamales are 300, and the burritos are around 300....so that is around 5000 calories a day..........come to think of that, its quite a bit............a lot more than I expected. I was expecting 2.5k or 3k...

Is 600 calorie liquid diet even possible, honestly? I really SHOULD contact the doctor's, but I felt realllllllly guilty and ashamed (both of self-guilt, and what they said, that I failed (without using those words) and I should have lost more)

From your posts, you've never used your sleeve as a tool. It seems as if you hoped it would be the magic solution and you've made little to no effort to be compliant with the post op diet.

Is a 600 calorie post op diet possible? Absolutely. I'd guess that many of us have did it immediately post op. Unfortunately for you, you missed that honeymoon period where 600 calories would be easy.

The ball is in your court. You know what to do, you just need to man up and do it. Costco is not the problem, you are. Your sleeve is not broken, your thought process is. You CAN do this! I sincerely hope you find it in yourself to love yourself enough to get help and make this work. I mean that.

My surgeons office NUT told us in support group the common denominator of people who regain after wls is going back to carbonated drinks, diet or regular. If you're drinking beer and diet soda that could be contributing to your not feeling full. Please don't give up and trust me when I tell you, your dr's office WANTS to hear the truth, that's the only way they can help you. Good luck!

This is a joke. I will now unfollow this post.