Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My weight has increased 20 pounds from my stable point over the past few months....

I wish I was trolling. I wish I could show you guys my face back in August/September to how it is now.....

You think?

I just can't imagine someone going thru all this and just throwing ALL the basics out the window from the start and arguing that they are impossible.

Not to mention the 5000 calories a day.

If you are not a troll I apologize. In that case get over yourself and open your mind to people trying to help. You seen to want help. Take it.

I came to it knowing it wouldnt be a magic bullet based off other people and what they said......but I thought it would do SOMETHING. Right now it does nothing.

Actually right now school went incredibly well. My social life has improved tenfold, I am getting a 3.8 GPA in a very hard science major, etc. My only thing that is failing me is my health, as always. Before, if you asked me say 4-8 years ago, I would have said social, school, and health were failing me.

I can definitely write out why I had the surgery. That could be my little homework assignment I suppose.

I would NEVER share this with my surgeons/doctors because...well..I dont trust them and I just feel horrible every time I go there, so much so that I was thinking about never going back to visit them after the last time I went. And I'm in a worse place now than I was before!

You know, I was actually super overwhelmed with all the damn pills I had to take, I stopped taking everything after the first 3 months, including my anti depressants. This was back in around the time I started school. BUT, I noticed my school grades were doing very well so I decided (eh, dont need these anti depressants, my school and social life is flourishing).

I have been reading through your threads and it is making me very sad. I am pre-op and have only recently come to the decision to have the surgery. I am doing a lot of research because I know that surgery is not a "magic bullet".

I am not where you are in your journey but I have worked with college students in helping them succeed in school. How are you doing in school? My guess from your posts is that you are having struggles in most areas of your life.

May I offer some unsolicited advice and give you a bit of homework?

First, be completely honest with yourself, your surgeon and your therapist.

Write out why you had the surgery in the first place and what you hoped the surgery would help you accomplish. What do you want your life to be like?

Print out your threads on this discussion board and share them with your surgeon and therapist.

Go through these posts and write down everwhere you said you CANT do something.

Change each of these statements to a positive statement.

Make a list of the advice that others have shared wirh you. (It probably matches your surgeons instructions in the first place -- pull out your surgery manual if you received one and reread it).

Once you have done this you probably have a very clear list of things to do every day. -- get back to basics.

Pull out your calendar and make a schedule include your classes, study time, activities, sleep, etc. Fill in the activities you need to get back on track -- be detailed. Schedule time to drink Protein shakes, take Vitamins, drink Water, exercise, etc. Get your nutritionist to help you with this.

I think if you try these suggestions, you may not feel so overwhelmed.

You have already had the surgery. With the help of professionals and support from resources like this board, you can succeed. But, you have to do the work one day at a time.

Keep your chin up!

Youngster, you need help.

You've demonstrated you can't do this alone.

It's therapy time. With it, you've got a fighting chance.

Take that chance.

It's not up to your sleeve to do the work, it's up to you. It doesn't matter what type of surgery you have, if you're eating 5000 cal a day you're going to gain weight not lose.

It's up to you, you are smart enough to realize that. It's time for you to love yourself enough to take care of yourself.

What impresses upon me the most is, I believe whole-heartedly that you already know every single piece of advice that has been given to you. So, what is your intent to come on here and be told what you already know? From Lipstick Lady's comments, this is a habit of yours. From your own admissions, this is a habit of yours.

At what point are you going to realize that you need help? You are clearly demonstrating out of control behavior that has nothing to do with getting the majority of your stomach removed. Body builders don't even eat 5,000 calories a day. You didn't discover costco, you went looking for costco. You are the poster child for why ill-prepared people should not have weight loss surgery - delusions of a magic bullet.

Don't you understand that non-compliance is non-compliance? You are PURPOSEFULLY and INTENTIONALLY gaining weight. Why? Why are you doing this to yourself? GO GET HELP. You don't need a nutritionist, you need a therapist and to quit wasting your time and everyone else's with these posts. You're fat because you want to be. You're drowning yourself and medicating yourself with food, and your treatments are 100% effective. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You were a poor candidate for surgery and did an excellent job of bullsh!tt!n your way through that Psych eval if you had one, and convincing a nutritionist and surgeon that you had the capacity, desire, and drive to change your life permanently.

This is a joke to you and it always was. You were too young and ill-prepared to give up living life the way you see fit. 'Cause eating a freakin case of tamales washed down with diet pop is what fat people do that want to stay fat; not a person with full mental capacity who understands that they didn't need to butcher their body in order to eat that way.

That high GPA you have in school won't mean a damn thing if you're dead from a heart attack or stroke; and yes, those things do happen to young people too. Stop lying to yourself and get help from a psychiatrist / psychologist so you can quit with the slow death that you have prescribed for your life.

What impresses upon me the most is, I believe whole-heartedly that you already know every single piece of advice that has been given to you. So, what is your intent to come on here and be told what you already know? From Lipstick Lady's comments, this is a habit of yours. From your own admissions, this is a habit of yours.

At what point are you going to realize that you need help? You are clearly demonstrating out of control behavior that has nothing to do with getting the majority of your stomach removed. Body builders don't even eat 5,000 calories a day. You didn't discover costco, you went looking for costco. You are the poster child for why ill-prepared people should not have weight loss surgery - delusions of a magic bullet.

Don't you understand that non-compliance is non-compliance? You are PURPOSEFULLY and INTENTIONALLY gaining weight. Why? Why are you doing this to yourself? GO GET HELP. You don't need a nutritionist, you need a therapist and to quit wasting your time and everyone else's with these posts. You're fat because you want to be. You're drowning yourself and medicating yourself with food, and your treatments are 100% effective. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You were a poor candidate for surgery and did an excellent job of bullsh!tt!n your way through that Psych eval if you had one, and convincing a nutritionist and surgeon that you had the capacity, desire, and drive to change your life permanently.

This is a joke to you and it always was. You were too young and ill-prepared to give up living life the way you see fit. 'Cause eating a freakin case of tamales washed down with diet pop is what fat people do that want to stay fat; not a person with full mental capacity who understands that they didn't need to butcher their body in order to eat that way.

That high GPA you have in school won't mean a damn thing if you're dead from a heart attack or stroke; and yes, those things do happen to young people too. Stop lying to yourself and get help from a psychiatrist / psychologist so you can quit with the slow death that you have prescribed for your life.

Ouch. :(

Honestly, I have to agree with @BitterSweet*. It's certainly the tough love approach, but reading this thread...wow. My stomach hurt at the thought of that much pop. The rest of the food? Would feed the rest of my family for a few days. That's a ridiculous amount of food for anyone to take in. And not wanting to hear the doctor's advice?

I don't take in much more than 600 calories unless I'm doing a lot of exercise. It's not unreasonable or unhealthy in the short-term. And costco? Didn't force you to buy tamales, pop and waffles. That was YOUR choice. I'm sure if you'd looked, you could have found healthy alternatives, but you chose not to. You are choosing to remain unhealthy and choosing to waste the opportunity you were given.

My first thought was 'troll' as well.

Sorry to butt in, but some of the numbers in this thread confuse me. Namely, the 600 calorie and the 5,000 calorie....are you guys serious? That's two extreme ends of the spectrum. Once upon a time, I was on a 1,000 calorie diet a day and lost weight to where I was 92 lbs once; my family worried I was anorexic (that's the key word in this sentence, with that little calories). And then, the 5,000 calories; I don't think I could get that many calories in now.

How is it a post sleeve person can fit in 5,000 calories? And are you guys absolutely sure the post sleeve diet could dip to as little as 600 calories...that seems significantly under a healthy range for weight loss.

Edited by Skywalker

This person is either a complete fake, looking for attention and getting a good chuckle at all the hell he's raising.....

Or he is for real and well beyond any help from us. He refuses to listen to his doctor, refuses to take his prescribed medication, refuses to even attempt to eat healthy. Why would he listen to and follow any advice on here? He might be one of the the laziest, most selfish and inept young men I've ever heard of. He has a 3.8 GPA and can't manage to read and follow a recipe? He can't find which aisle the healthy food in a grocery store is? How about throwing some precooked frozen grilled chicken (available at Cosco, BTW) in the microwave and setting the timer to 30 seconds?!? He needs to seek help from a professional mental health care provider that specializes in eating disorders. But I also don't think he even wants to try and get help. He obviously wants attention and sympathy but has no real interest in making any changes or taking any responsibility. We are just beating a dead horse by continuing to post advice.

Edited by Kindle

If this young man is a troll, I'll forgive myself for being a fool. If he is a young man who is of an age where I could be his (very young :D ) mother, I'd never forgive myself for not trying to be more compassionate for the learning curve of youth. ;)

The only thing I can say that hasn't already been said is this: if you're truly ashamed and scared to go back to your doctor, find a new one. Follow the advice that was given to you here and take all of the information you were suggested to take to the new doctor - start fresh.