Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded 3 and half days ago and i have this terrible pain right under my chest. I thought it was gas and took gas x but it did not work. Today i had a bowl of Soup and immediately felt the pressure increase. I am nervous that my band is too tight. What could this be?

I feel very nauseous, almost like i have to throw up.

it likely is the gas that your doctor used to blow up the field of surgery so he can see things. it takes time for this gas to dissipate. gasx won't help this gas. use a heating pad and pain medications to help relieve the pain. your doctor is the best person to talk to about this. call the office. even though you have no fill in your band you are swollen from surgery. your band and port have been stitched to muscle and tissue. this also causes pain and swelling. give yourself some time to heal. if you are nauseous there is medication that can help. ask your doctor for it. you don't want to be throwing up. warm tea or drinks can really help you feel better.

It is normal to feel bad, you are swollen. Give yourself time, right now it is time to rest and heal from your surgery. Keep getting up and walking around even if it is only in the house and stay hydrated. Small meals. Soon you will be on your way and feeling better.

Colleen

I had my surgery on the 14th so only 6 days in but I had this exact thing too. Really tight in the centre of my chest. And worse when I was eating or had eaten and occasionally when I took a deep breath?

Mines completely easing and my doctor isn't worried about it as he just assured me there's a reason they say it takes two weeks to heel! And that you have to remember you've had your insides played about with and tubes down your throat everything's a bit sore and agitated. But this pain gets better and mines getting less regular and painful each day :) I hope this helps and good luck!!!

Hi there, Congratulations on getting your band. I hope you feel better today. Walking around helps with everything -- releases trapped gas, gets the body working properly again after surgery and anesthesia. Be gentle with intake and know that you're not alone with this. As Terry mentioned, a heating pad might really help. Best wishes and keep us posted! PS if you take pain medication be sure any Constipation issues are addressed so you don't run into difficulties with that....

I found that walking and a heating pad helps. I have also always had a homedics shiatsu back massager, and that really helps break the gas up! I lay on it and keep the heating pad on my tummy while laying down. It hels me a lot.

I feel much better now went back to work today. but have a white coating on my tongue thats really annoying. Is that gna go away? It makes my whole mouth feel weird. But dont have the symptoms of thrush. No bumps anywhere in my mouth

<p>I was banded 3 and half days ago and i have this terrible pain right under my chest. I thought it was gas and took gas x but it did not work. Today i had a bowl of Soup and immediately felt the pressure increase. I am nervous that my band is too tight. What could this be?</p> <p>I feel very nauseous, almost like i have to throw up.</p>

This is normal post surgery.

I only experience this a little but lady next to me in hospital had it for the two days after surgery.

A hot pack eased the problem for us and panadene forte tablets.

I feel much better now went back to work today. but have a white coating on my tongue thats really annoying. Is that gna go away? It makes my whole mouth feel weird. But dont have the symptoms of thrush. No bumps anywhere in my mouth

Hola...I was banded on the 10th. I too had the crazy white coating in my mouth after surgery for about 8 days. When I first noticed it I researched and thought it might be due to Vitamin deficiency?? since I was eating so little at first. I am not sure if that was really the case or not but I started taking Vitamins right away. Regardless, rest assured that at least it has happened to one other person and it does go away....tootles. :)

Edited by LeosWifey