Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help i gained weight!

Gained 2 pounds is this normal!? I am 4 weeks post op. I am wondering if I did something wrong????

Probably nothing, just find out if you need to check your salt intake.

wondering if I did something wrong????

@@Erica517

YES you did!!!!

you are worrying too much :o

weight fluctuates all the time <_<

stalls will happen too :blink::)

if you let the scale drive you crazy , it will!!!! :angry:

i weigh daily, but many others have different thoughts/opions about daily weight

some others would rather weigh once a week, once a month etc

continue doing what i'm sure you are probably doing :)

you are on soft foods????

drink as much Water as you can!!!

between pre and post op you are down 80 lbs!!! :o

take care

good luck

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Don't worry! At four weeks out I suddenly dropped five lbs overnight then went back up four lbs the next morning. Just normal fluctuations, salt and water.... That was two weeks ago and I'm down 8 lbs now. I weigh everyday because I'm neurotic but if it freaks you out try weighing once a week instead. :)

Gained 2 pounds is this normal!? I am 4 weeks post op. I am wondering if I did something wrong????

No dear you are just fine. More than fine at losing 80 pounds. I weigh every day and fluctuate more than two pounds. Somedays up three then down four the next day. Just keep what you were doing to lose that fantastic 80 pounds and don't fret.

I am 12 days out from surgery. Only lost 8 pounds and gained back 2 this morning! I am only drinking around 600 calories per day: 60 grams of Protein, no more than 30 carbs. I am very down..... What am I doing wrong?????

I am eating like chicken fish eggs tuna cheese eggs that kind of stuff. No veggies and no carbs. It's weird I see a lot if people in the site who eat carbs and veggies at 4 weeks lost op. I guess every doc is different. At 2 months I can incorporate soft cooked veggies. I can't wait I'm craving them lol. I'm kinda neurotic with the scale too. I weigh everyday bc it's feels so good to see the scale down so much. I have only lost 35 post op. I lost the other weight before the operation. But yes a total of 80 since last oct. I'm 4 weeks post op tomorrow. I have to say for some reason I'm hungry like all the time? I do take the acid reducer too but it seems I'm always hungry and I don't understand!?

I gained 5 lbs this week due to aunt flo. She is a cruel mistress. And as a lady we are more susceptible to hormonal fluctuations and weight retention anyhow. You're gonna be fine. Just stick with the plan and exercise!

I lost 8 pounds lol yay!!!

I too am obsessed with the scale. I tried to eat lots of Protein and drink lots of Water. I'm not working out like I should. But I just have to know what I'm doing is the best for me.

Edited by getnhealthyintx

I lost 8 pounds lol yay!!!

If you are going to weigh everyday and obsess over it, then be prepared to deal with the consequences. And by that I mean the unnecessary stress and drama you are putting yourself through. Unless you ate at least 7000 calories above and beyond your body 's requirement in one day then that 2 pounds is not fat. I gained 11 pounds in one day after receiving IV fluids for dehydration. And no, I didn't freak out about it. I was incredibly grateful to know I had all that Fluid back in me.

The reality is you will lose or stay the same or even gain during this journey. Spend some time reading through these forums. Educate yourself as to what is normal (And this includes gaining) so you can quit stressing. But If you are going to obsess over numbers I strongly suggest you spend some time in the "Don't Sweat the Stall Stuff" subforum so you at least have company. Personally, I'd recommend staying off the scale instead.