Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS DENIED NEED HELP

Hello, so today I found out today blue shield is requesting additional paperwork for bar attic surgery. My doctors office re-faxed the info to them today. I was wondering if anyone had exp. With them requesting additional information and how long does it usually take after you re submit? Is it still 5 business or relatively faster? They were missing my doctor notes. Any help would be great as my surgery has already been set for the 23rd of this month and I'm worried I will have to reschedule.

It can be 5 days or longer. Depends on the bcbs and what they have in queue ahead of you. I would call everyday and confirm they have received it and forwarded it.

Yes...call call call. I was approved by BCBS Federal Employee in two days, but I would not have known that because the surgeon's insurance coordinator was on vacation for ten days. So while I was waiting for her to get back, I talked to a case manager and had BCBS mail a confirmation to me, which surprisingly approved for five days in the hospital instead of two. I faxed the confirmation to the surgeon myself, and they went head and set my date, even though the coordinator was not back yet. Find out specifically what they need and get it going. Good luck with your surgery and recovery.

I am too a government employee but I chose NALC Cigna PPO. I'm waiting on approval now. Does anyone here knows how long it takes for this particular insurance?

Hello, so today I found out today blue shield is requesting additional paperwork for bar attic surgery. My doctors office re-faxed the info to them today. I was wondering if anyone had exp. With them requesting additional information and how long does it usually take after you re submit? Is it still 5 business or relatively faster? They were missing my doctor notes. Any

help would be great as my surgery has already been set for

the 23rd of this month and I'm worried I will have to

reschedule.

I have BCBS New York. My surgery was approved over the phone, no paperwork was mailed or faxed. The approval was given within 15 minutes of the call. The secretary is still in shock. It's amazing that these insurance companies are as different in their requirements, as the surgeons are in their stand on the pre op diet. One month pre op, three, two, or one week pre op diet. No pre op diet! Amazing!

Hope it works out for you soon.

I am too a government employee but I chose NALC Cigna PPO. I'm waiting on approval now. Does anyone here knows how long it takes for this particular insurance?

Usually Cigna is 5 days. But it's an average.

Call them, tell computer authorization and it will connect you to the nurses to check status

I have BCBS-Federal. I was missing a note from my doctor stating that I had not been treated for alcohol or substance abuse in the past year. Once submitted, it only took one day for my approval to go through. HOWEVER, I would have not known until 5 days after the fact. I was approved on a Wed, it just so happened that Friday I had to call BCBS regarding something else, so while on the phone I asked about the status of my request, and thats when I found out I had been approved 2 days prior. I emailed the bariatric coordinator at my surgeons office to inform her. She emailed me that following Tuesday, to inform me that she received the approval from BCBS. So that being said, I would take the previous advice and keep calling to follow up.

I called cigna ppo today 7/22/14 and was told that they received the request for approval on yesterday but it'll take 30 days for a response because of all the "paperwork"! I asked if they think that it can be any sooner the agent said no, I should wait the entire 30 days to make sure!! With that being said, I'm calling again on Monday 7/28/14!

Be kind, be polite, be gracious in your persistence! Paperwork just might magically rise to the top! Good luck

I called cigna ppo today 7/22/14 and was told that they received the request for approval on yesterday but it'll take 30 days for a response because of all the "paperwork"! I asked if they think that it can be any sooner the agent said no, I should wait the entire 30 days to make sure!! With that being said, I'm calling again on Monday 7/28/14!

I called every day.

I received a call today 8/26/14 informing that my VSG procedure was approved on Friday 8/22/14!! :) the insurance rep also stated that I have approval for the RNY too!!! Now I'm waiting on the call for surgery DATE

Edited by waitingtoexhale