Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a home scale that I can use to track weightloss journey

Hi guys,

I'm 2 days away from my long-awaited surgery (gastric sleeve) and need to replace my home scale(s) with something that will be more accurate and I can track in between office visits. The ones I have now include a rotary dial thingamadudebobber and the wii balance board. They disagree with each other and the balance board disagrees with itself within the same application or with different games from game to game. And, all these readings can be anywhere from 15 to 40 pounds difference with the doctors office.

So, I'm looking for a scale that will first and foremost be accurate within a reasonable range to the doctor-visit scales. It needs to be able to read weight up to 400 lbs. and I'd like for it to have bmi and bone density etc but thats not important. I'm hoping to spend between 30-50 dollars but would spend more for the right scale, up to 100.

Can anyone suggest yay or nay on the scales you have for your weightloss journey? I have been looking at the Healthometer that goes with the app Loseit! and the Weight Gurus and many others that I find on sale now. I have an android phone so most of the ones that automatically update an app on your phone don't work for me because they are all iphone centric. I would still consider those if they are *accurate* and people here like theirs.

Too much information? Just tell me what you like or don't like about your scale, and what model it is. Thanks in advance!

Yasman

I have a Weight Watchers scale and I love it. No bells or whistles, just shows your weight by lbs and ounces, like 160.4 lbs or whatever your weight is. It's generaly 3 lbs less than my Dr.s very expensive scale, but I dont mind , Im very happy with my weight loss no matter what the scale says !

I have an Aria scale that I like. It is pretty expensive but it syncs with my fitbit for easy tracking. I just need t o hide it so I quit weighing every day!

I have an aria scale as well and love how it syncs with fitbit to tell me how much I still have to go. And apparently keeps track of the fact I have 40% body fat

I just bought the Withings scales from the Apple store and it's awesome! Also on the higher price side, $150 cad but it's tracks up to 8 people and does weight, bmi, fat %, heart rate and air quality. It also connects to your phone to track steps and more! I highly recommend it!

I also have the aria. Love it. Wirelessly syncs and tracks your weight on the fitbit app.

I bought my scale from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's called Weight Guru and you are able to set up different users and sync with your phone to track your weight loss, body fat, Water weight and muscle. I love it.

Here's one I just found on Amazon that has 3700 reviews and almost 5 star rating. Really good reviews, up to 400lb. Reading and within your specified budget. Might check it out http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004L6NTHU?cache=5a3e31547e23b220ef4f35e400497c47π=SY200_QL40&qid=1405304219&sr=8-3#ref=mp_s_a_1_3

I bought my scale from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's called Weight Guru and you are able to set up different users and sync with your phone to track your weight loss, body fat, Water weight and muscle. I love it.

I just googled this one and noticed it is on Groupon for the next 3 days for only $26.99 versus the $49.99 that Bed Bath and Beyond's website shows it listed at. I might have to order it!

I just googled this one and noticed it is on Groupon for the next 3 days for only $26.99 versus the $49.99 that Bed Bath and Beyond's website shows it listed at. I might have to order it!

You won't regret it!

Reading the responses got me looking for a scale for myself. I have just started the process of WLS. I go Wednesday to ask my doctor for a referral letter. I am happy to say that I just ordered the scale that was 26.99 on Groupon. I can't wait until I get it.