Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Needing Suggestions on plastic

The photos attached are what I look like now after loosing over 100 lbs, I workout and have even been doing bootcamps and help from a personal trainer. I cannot get rid of this... I do not want to be all botched up I am wanting the surgery that has the thin scar that goes all the way around the body, I do not want the one that has the big scar going up the middle of the body. Can anyone tell me what it's called? I'm wanting more than a tummy tuck!! Thank you and hope the pics are not too offensive.

post-223764-0-37331600-1404804746_thumb.jpg

post-223764-0-57166300-1404804754_thumb.jpg

post-223764-0-50378700-1404804764_thumb.jpg

post-223764-0-18205500-1404804776_thumb.jpg

post-223764-0-55289300-1404804783_thumb.jpg

I think you mean lower body lift. I looked just like that before my tt/panni. So happy with my results. If I could have afforded the lbl, I would have, though, because I still have hanging skin on my thighs

I don't want to seem rude (And I hope you don't take this as rude)

Why do you not want the scar that goes up the front? (Called Inverted T or fleur de lis tummy tuck)

I remember back when i went for my first consult and he didn't mention it. My second Dr did mention it and I was worried about it - I thought more pain (It was not more pain) - And that it would be hideous. My surgeon told me that I would look 'boxy' if I didn't, and I would get a more defined waist with the Fleur de lis Tummy Tuck. - Now - 4yrs on - I am so very happy I took his advice.

Remember the scar will fade.

Being that I have now 162 inches of scars (No idea why I measured them lol) I have made friends with them - They are part of the journey to the new me. Without them I would not be the Me I now am. And I am so happy to not have to wear bigger clothes to fit the skin into - I am so happy to have found a Me I don't despise.

Nobody has ever mentioned my arm scars..... And the other scars I have when at swimming etc... I think we view our scars as imperfections that the world will notice - And maybe they don't see them at all?

And now I am on the other side - I am so glad that I had a fabulous PS who knew where I had come from - And what I needed to achieve in this - Then he gave me MORE than I could have ever dreamed of :)

Good luck to you .

Before and after pics = (Hope they don't come out too big)

180210Belly01.jpgAnd not long after. Now - 4yrs on it is just a whitish line....

120910-01_zps39f3108d.jpg

Edited by Scamp

Get consults - that is the only way to know what is best for YOU. Truth is if you get a lower body lift (like I did) it does not fix any excess skin way up high. Depends on your starting point, some people really need that vertical cut to get desired results. Do not compare yourself to me or anyone else. I lost over 160# from sleeve (and over 180# from lifetime high) but my body is my body and has it's own special demons...haha.

post-122684-0-58482400-1404826449_thumb.jpg

Scamp, I know this sounds completely wacko, but I was so afraid of scars preop, but now, they are part of me. I have an odd... good feeling toward them. It is like they remind me of how strong I am, how much I have overcome and how no way, no how am I EVER going back to being morbidly obese. Mine are flat and at 8 months post op, are fading very nicely.

What I didn't do is the long thigh lift because my doc recommended the small thigh (groin incision only) to minimize scarring and it made a huge huge difference. A tiny part of me thinks I should have gotten the long thigh lift as my thighs wouldn't touch and the jiggle would be gone. However, that is silly thinking - my bod is quite acceptable for a middle age lady and I know that thigh lifts can be problematic.

Anyway, back to the original subject, I think several consults and asking the trusted surgeon's opinion on the trade off - results versus how extensive of a procedure.

The first time a surgeon suggested a lower body lift to me (I thought I just needed a tummy tuck) I nearly puked. The idea gave me heebiee geebies. I am now so glad I did it, I love my body with a bit less skin and like I said, the scars don't bother me or my boyfriend in the least.

Ok, one last remark. I told my plastic surgeon I was afraid of a boxy/boy figure. He told me I would never have a small waist so it was a risk. I emphasized my point that from a tradeoff perspective I wanted an overall "look" that was feminine and curvy and not boxy. He said he would do the best he could... no promises given that I have an "athletic" build.

I think he did a great job working with what I had. My measurements now are 39-29-36 and I don't feel boxy at all. I am for sure broad shouldered and bigger on top because that is my natural build but I am content with the overall proportions and results. If I had a large amount of extra skin above the belly button I would definately be open to the vertical incision if a surgeon recommended it... it is the only way for some to wind up with a waist and that nice look that scamp shows off. :)

when they did my tt/panni and relocated my belly button, there was no vertical incision. Why is a vertical incision, sometimes, required?

I literally had 10 consults after being told by my first Plastic Surgeon that I needed a Lower Body Lift. I actually was surprised that he suggested one to me at all since I had a pretty small waste with a wrinkly belly but with no hanging skin...He suggested re cutting the open RNY scar that had now faded to a white un noticeable line...I was not even sure if I needed a LBL so I started to have consults to find out what other PS's thought would be best, and it turned out they all felt I could benefit by the LBL but that it would be needed to help all that which had fallen south...my lower body as in the hips and thighs and most importantly my saggy butt. But the most interesting part, not one other PS suggested doing the long vertical cut, that my original surgeon suggested. In later researching I came to find out, he does the majority of his surgeries that way....So take your time, I made road trips to LA and Beverly Hills for consults, and did online consults with many others. You most likely will find that you need to travel in order to find the best surgeon. Most WLS people end up traveling out of state or country to find a Doctor that specializes in their needs. Remember your surgery will only take a week or two out of your life and time, but the results are going to last a life time, so chose wisely. I did and now I couldn't be happier...8 weeks post op today!!!

As Cowgirl Jane said - Your body is your body..... I am sure your PS will know what is the best route for you to take

I have lost 126lbs - Half of myself

I agree Cowgirl Jane - I kind of like them now in a weird wacko way - I know it makes no sense but - I think part of the journey is being able to accept yourself ya know.

I did the long thigh lift - I think it is the one that did not give me the amazing results I was expecting - It did stop the top leg touching down on the bottom one when lifting it - But - It did not give me 'model legs' - It is all about realistic expectations (one of the first sentences my PS said to me) I had tree trunks for legs then and I have them now - But - I am still mostly happy - And the bit i dislike are lower legs but not willing to chance Lymphedema by changing them.

To be honest - Before my first surgery I was sure I was going to die on the table (Anaesthetic-o-phobia) I remade my will and wrote letters to all my family - I still have them- Lol - After the 5 ops I had to have to get through this part of the reconstructive journey - I think I have got to know myself better - Having 'death-o-phobia - And yet to put myself through all of this - I gues it showed how important it was to me to finally see myself as 'normal' Though - I am not normal am I - I never will be with scars - BUT - Who is normal? I am a crazy lady who is OCD about not getting fat again..... But I guess my OCD helps me in many ways as I can choose what I eat and when and nobody will EVER sway me from staying the size I am - And apart from going up or down a pound.... I have stayed the same 126lbs for quite a while now :-) I like that......

I do have a bit of a boyish figure now (Handy as I am not a girly girl and I dont do dresses etc) So - Jeans and a T shirt kinda gal.

I would have had a smaller waist but couldn't have muscles done due to previous surgeries inside (hernia mesh) My waist is 29 inches - But I am happy with that :-)

I do have a flattish butt tho.... But - Its ok - lol

I had the 'body lift' in two stages. Front first then Butt lift later

• TheRealMeIsHere! - If you have the vertical incision he can tighten it round the core and give you a slimmer waist - Like wrapping up a present.... Just gives the skin a better drape on the body rather than straight up and down...

Sorry to babble

I do think I have ended up looking older in the face though - Empty and drawn - Need facelift now - LOL - Maybe one day, if I get the guts and win lotto...

Edited by Scamp

Love all the info. Thanks people!

My photo collage shows the thigh improvement. Before, my inner thighs were equally as bad (in my eyes) as my tummy skin. Now, my thighs are jiggly and getting thinner doesn't help any - it's skin, but about 1,000 times better than before. I have heard of several people disappointed with their long thigh lift results so I have decided to be content with "pretty good" and not having a scar down to my knees is good considering I wear dresses and shorts alot. I had a surgeon tell me during a consult that my "problem areas" were between the knees and shoulders and that can all be fixed...haha. It is really very risky and not worth it to try to "fix" thick calves or cankles. That is sad, but just the truth and part of accepting of our lack of "perfect".

So, I did mega surgery all at once. I am not saying that is for everyone, but it worked for me and I am just glad it is DONE. I was so terrified of the surgeries and I became fixated on a fear of the anesthesia. Not so much of dying of it, but of being sick from it like I always am. That whole Mexican thing of twilight sedation combined with an edidural rocks. You wake up feeling like you have had a nice little nappy poo... no vomiting or feeling gross.

I genuinely believe that plastic reconstructive surgery is helping me with maintenance because there is NO WAY I am going to damage all that after everything I went through. VERY motivational.

Anyway simply silly - get several consults. Those are the surgeon's opinions on the procedures recommended and the pricing... and I found a large variation on both topics. It is very educational though and after you have had a few you start to paint the picture in your mind of the various trade offs, pros and cons etc. The problem with researching by asking US is that our bodies are all unique canvasses and results really do vary alot - largely depending what they start with. I strongly advise a surgeon who has a portfolio of massive weight loss patients as our needs are a bit different then the typical "mommy makeover" after 2 kids and losing 30# - know what I mean?

Thank you all for so much info and suggestions!!!! I am proud of my loss and in clothing I look much better lol but I want to feel good about myself for myself :) I want all my hard work to shine :)

Edited by simply.silly

It's called a circumferential abdominalplasty. The Plastic Surgery Center in Sacramento is AMAZING!!!!!! They will not make a vertical incision down your stomach. Dr. Green or Dr. Yamahata are my recommendations. Let me know if you have any questions! Good luck! ????

I guess I should add that I am from Southeast Missouri :(

I've been looking in a Memphis Tennessee and in little Rock, Arkansas. I am not sure if it is a Certain type of plastic surgeon I need to be looking for or what because all I've found so far is front tummy tucks. I may have to travel for this!! I had my sleeve in Mexico so maybe I need to check out the plastic surgeons in Mexico, as I did not have insurance then. However I do now do maybe with the issues I am having with pain, rash and discomfort when the skin is hanging over my belly button area and pubic area my insurance might cover some of it, if I'm lucky !!

Thank you!!!

Ok this may sound strange, lol but I can't help but look at what these plastic surgeons look like, if I'm going to have someone working on my body to make it look better I think the surgeon him or herself should look at least decent?? I have came across several that shock me, I am scared already and I do not want a botched body but when I see a plastic surgeon that reminds me of the Texas chainsaw massacre guy I don't think I want to use him lol sorry but so far I'm not having much luck!! I guess I need to figure out my options.. I am going to have to finance this surgery because I just don't have the extra cash ($18,000 plus) that I've been told it will cost so far. I'm wanting my arms done, and the bags between my legs as well as the body. I also want a Brest lift but not anything added because I still wear a 34 DDD!! Certainly don't need anything added to that! Thank you all for listening and giving advice, I really appreciate it!!!

Edited by simply.silly