Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 6: May 27-31st Sleevers

We are beginning week 6! We count surgery week as week 1 so everyone should be completing their 5th week of their brand new tummy!

I've been traveling a lot the last few weeks and it is a HUGE eye opener to how little I can eat now. I survived a buffet by having a few bites of some different things, and paid for far too much money for meals that I couldn't take home leftovers and it looks like I didn't eat a thing off the plate. I think one of the hard things for me is that a plate of food comes and it looks so good and I want to devour it! I get slightly depressed I'll only get to enjoy a few bites. Yet after about 1/4 cup I'm stuffed and full and push the plate away and don't want another bite, which is AWESOME!! I'm assuming the odd depression right when the plate comes out will pass. At least when I'm at home I can box the left overs right away and then it might not seem so bad. I never thought much about the money being saved on food, but holy cow its gotta be a ton.

So I'm curious... how many are sticking to super low carb, vs those who are just watching calories/letting restriction do its job.

How many are working out a ton and how many are waiting?

Whats your favorite meal at this point?

And I'd like to continue habsi's question; what pills/multivitamins is everyone taking daily?

devint I loved your idea for putting up averages etc!! I've added mine and included those who weighed in last week. Hopefully we can get everyone to weigh in Monday or Tuesday next week and see our numbers skyrocket!

We are beginning week 6! We count surgery week as week 1 so everyone should be completing their 5th week of their brand new tummy!

I've been traveling a lot the last few weeks and it is a HUGE eye opener to how little I can eat now. I survived a buffet by having a few bites of some different things, and paid for far too much money for meals that I couldn't take home leftovers and it looks like I didn't eat a thing off the plate. I think one of the hard things for me is that a plate of food comes and it looks so good and I want to devour it! I get slightly depressed I'll only get to enjoy a few bites. Yet after about 1/4 cup I'm stuffed and full and push the plate away and don't want another bite, which is AWESOME!! I'm assuming the odd depression right when the plate comes out will pass. At least when I'm at home I can box the left overs right away and then it might not seem so bad. I never thought much about the money being saved on food, but holy cow its gotta be a ton.

So I'm curious... how many are sticking to super low carb, vs those who are just watching calories/letting restriction do its job.

And I'd like to continue habsi's question; what pills/multivitamins is everyone taking daily?

devint I loved your idea for putting up averages etc!! I've added mine and included those who weighed in last week. Hopefully we can get everyone to weigh in Monday or Tuesday next week and see our numbers skyrocket!

Current WEIGHT LOST - 660!!

Average of those who did this weeks weigh in - 26lbs

Sorry the formatting didn't stay... The numbers are SW CW Weight Lost

alxmak1021 289 270 19

devint 288 254 34

WhoKnows 252 233 19

Nicci829 318 298 20

kungfuaaron 296 266.6 29.4

par1959 344 298 46

habsi 240 213.6 26.4

mrsfitzpatrick 350 313 37

hrhlaurie 250 230 20

tiredtwinmommy 183 163 20

cnilson 250 222 28

Krystal0528 290 263 27

bella328i 278 250 28

Monte0828 204 181.4 22.6

SingleMom33 261 238 23

lylabelle 260 235.6 24.4

I checked signatures to try to get updated numbers of these.

jajmj 13

Sh3iz 300 279 21

DsmCasey 360 320 40

DonnaM75 284 253.5 30.5

LookingforMe 256 236 20

Skinnyana 225 211 14

SlimDownThick 256 234 22

barbcute 235 217 18

TaylorR 358 330 28

TXGALINAR 284 253.5 30.5

Haven't really been exercising yet. Plan on get bicycle out. Been trying 10,000 steps daily. About over a week ago started tracking food. Really helps with realizing Protein and Water intake. Trying to stay hydrated during these hot days!

I thought I updated- 273

Oh apparently my update was on the group- sorry!

Vitamins- i take Bariatric Advantage multi Vitamins with Iron (3x a day) 10000mg Biotin in the morning- Bariatric Advantage Calcium chewables (3x a day)

I have not been working out hardly at all in the "go to the gym" sense but I'm challenging myself to up my step count and have been logging both steps and food religiously for 17 days today :) My high was 11k but I was shocked and embarrassed to find that my "normal" routine only had me about 3500 steps per day! That's very couch potato! So I've been pushing myself to find new ways to step more (even doing 100 steps in the stall each time I go to the bathroom which, because of my Water intake, is a lot!) I have also tried to increase my workload around the house with things like laundry, dishes and vacuuming. Big problem is I still get lightheaded when I bend over and come back up from postural hypotension, so it can be challenging/annoying to lose my balance/focus. My dr said, keep it at light cardio type activities with no lifting over 20 lbs and no jiggling/pounding so even jogging is off limits till my next appointment in a few weeks.

My favorite foods right now are chicken waldorf salad, greek yogurt (eat it everyday!), Peanut Butter and hummus. I read a great article yesterday on Bariatric Foodie for one ingredient add-ins to spice up Protein shakes and I am amazed that my love of Protein Shakes could be renewed but it is! I had one with unflavored Protein, chocolate fudge sf pudding 1/2 a box, and 3 drops of coconut extract. It was seriously like drinking a mounds bar, so good. This morning I had vanilla protein with "TrueOrange" which is orange essence crystals, no sugar. CREAMSICLE oh man it was good. So SF pudding mixes, just a few drops of extract, or the "TrueOrange, TrueLemon, TrueLimes" make a world of difference and make me look forward to Protein Shakes again!!

I take bariactiv Vitamins, 2 chewable Multivitamins, 2 chewable calcium+d, 1 Iron, and nasal B12 every monday. I also do the Calcium chewables at night (when I remember) because the bariactiv calls for two doses per day but i just never get around to the second dose, but a caramel sweetie somehow gets me to take it :)

Gents move on, but for ladies esp anyone pcos…

I have really bad pcos, to the point the fertility dr said nothing i can do to help you just go lose weight and hope. Post op I was told that oral contraception wasn't reliable for bc and for regulating the hormones enough to maintain a regular cycle. So I'm also supplementing with 550 mg dong quai root, which is an herbal, but it has a blood thinner effect and also draws blood to the pelvic region which helps both with cycles and with Constipation. It's also supposed to help calm tom and stop pain and cramps. I can feel a huge difference even though I haven't had tom since surgery I can feel it coming hopefully soon. I have also noticed that the pain in my ovaries has all but disappeared, no stabbing/pulling feelings. So I'm hoping its working some magic for me, because the pill itself tastes gross so it's a pain to have to take it everyday.

Edited by devint

Yea for girlie parts NSV!

MY NSV for today. Fit into some size 18 pants that I've had for ages. First button up pants in a year (minus the size 24. Shorts I wore in april) . A tad tight but look good! I have a whole wardrobe of 18s. Time to sort my clothes!

Sorry sh3iz, I didn't grab any numbers off the Facebook group

Edited by lylabelle

Sorry sh3iz, I didn't grab any numbers off the Facebook group

No no completely my fault

So, to answer @@lylabelle 's questions:

I'm sticking low carb. For the last week I've averaged 680 calories (though this is increasing to more like 800 on days when I work out), 83g Protein, 32g fat and 15g carbs (closer to 30 on the days I work out).

Speaking of which, as of this week I'm working out! I joined a fitness club and I'm really excited! Though after my workout today I have some concerns about and old shoulder injury, which I'll have to voice to my trainer.

Favorite meal. Hm. I guess Tofurky deli slices, cheddar cheese, avocado and mustard on a thin gluten free knäckerbrot (like Wasa crackers, but not that brand). Also hummus of course. I'm gonna make a quinoa/chickpea salad for a grill party this weekend. Not so low carb, but good for a picnic I think. Plus a friend will make some nice vegan black bean burgers with guacamole!

Pills: a bariatric multi Vitamin (I wanna switch to a chewable one though, since this one makes me feel ill), chewable calcium/vit D3, sublingual B12, Omega3 (from algae), a probiotic, and occasionally magnesium.

I wonder though if I should be taking extra: Iron, potassium, zinc, omega6, and Biotin.

I take a muktvitamin with zinc and Biotin that's it .. I wanted to add a hair and nails or something .. What so you think ?

I just started yoga and cross fit this week so let's see what July brings

I am taking alive Multivitamin Pepcid twice a day and nexium twice a day .. Next to my gym I get a B12, 6,1 and frolic acid shots just started that this week . I do about 60 min on elliptical . I eat cream of wheat , mash potatoes single serving just add Water cups . Lots of string cheese through out the day or sharp cheddar cheese ..I can eat on can of tuna that's when I feel full after I eat the tuna some days I can eat the whole 5 oz can of tuna and most of the time half . But it's the only thing that makes me feel full . Have not weighed my self waiting to see the dr in a couple weeks .

Side note my knee is killing me so taking a few days off from the cardio using my tens unit hopefully that will help

I take a chewable kid Vitamin morning and night and take two Calcium citrate chocolate chewables mid-day, along with 1 sub-lingual B12 and a all-natural pro-biotic supplement that I just drink in my Water and it tastes like berries.

Favorite meal is the fajita chicken mix from Whole Foods and im trying to avoid all carbs so other than my morning Protein shake, my meals are all meat and low-fat cheese, no breads, fruits, veggies, rice, etc. I can start adding in veggies and fruits but I tried some fruit and got sick and after Protein, im too full for anything else. Sometimes I have some deli lunch meat or Peanut Butter for a snack but usually only once per day.

Exercise is walking, riding bike, swimming when I can and yard work. I need to start stepping up my cardio since today is my 5 week surgiversary so I should be able to do more. I've been using hand weights and an exercise band to tone but need to burn some calories now. I need to ride my bike more...

Just saw my surgeon and asked him about the hormones impacted by surgery because I just had a TOM like I was a teenager again. What's up with that? Mine had been small and not at all troublesome but wowser, I had PMS and cramps and the whole fun show. Guess my body does believe it's Armageddon and is trying to preserve the species. Lovely.

We go out to eat a lot and I can find a little protein side order anywhere. Easier than I thought it would be.

Down to 228 but a long way to go yet.

I think I'm going to start taking extra meds!!

Also 2 days ago at a friends bday I had like 3 cake pops ... Felt fine next morn (yesterday) had a bite of cheesecake and another 2 cake pops.. Well that threw me over the edge and I ended up in excruciating pain like realllly bad and had to go to the bathroom!! So defo can't handle high amounts of sugar! It's a very good reminder to me not to over do it on the sugar and that it's damaging for my body it really was a horrible feeling

I had some fruit at a friend's house the other day. I didn't get sick or anything, but OH MY GOD! That was the first fruit I've had since my pre-op diet and that stuff tasted like crack candy! So amazing! I need to be careful or my carbs will skyrocket from mellon and strawberries.

Also, as I mentioned a while ago, I've been working with a trainer this past week. It's been amazing! I can really feel my confidence building up and I'm so sore, but in a good way! Plus, this morning when I weighed myself, I'd lost half a kilo overnight!

Guys!!! I've been feeling crappy about eating sugar I shouldn't and how my body reacted but I had a NSC today jeans that didn't fit me at all 5 weeks ago can now close !!!!

So ppl that are like me ... And feel bad from time to time or discouraged or why on earth did I do Thai I swear that made me feel amazing !!!!