Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi - reporting in here for May 5th sleever! I hit 8 weeks yesterday and am down 40 pounds! Yahoo! I also figured how to get past my 3.5 week stall - eat more calories! My NUT said I had to increase my calories to 800 per day (was eating 400-500) because my body was in starvation mode and holding onto the fat. I started losing again once I increased my calories. Only 10 more pounds to wonderland! Super excited.

How are all the other May sleevers doing out there?

Good for you! Congratulations! I'm sure it's such a great feeling. Keep up the great work!

Great loss for you. I'm 1 week behind you. My surgery was 5/12/14. I too stalled for over a week until I finally figured out I was eating WAY to many carbs. At my 6 week appt. my surgeon increased my calories from 800 to 1000. With the increase in calories came an increase in carbs. I keep a food journal so I am now careful to only choose foods with zero or very low carbs. I think that has helped with my 2 lb loss this week. I will see what happens as the weeks go by. I know there will be other stalls but hopefully I can keep them to a minimum or at least very short.

Good luck with your sleeve. :)

I was sleeved on May 12th also . last weigh in total loss was 35 lbs. Hit a stall this past week myself. I am having a difficult time getting in all of the Protein. Some days are better eating days than others. Anyone else ???

Congratulations! I was sleeved on May 7th, so today is my 8 weeks post op. I'm down 42 lb since surgery, but when I started this journey I'm down a total 87 lbs.

Feb 10 - 365 lb -1st Dr visit

April 17 - 342 lb - Pre-Op visit

May 7 - 320 lb - Surgery date

July 2 - 278 lb - 8 weeks post-op

Right now I'm avg about 3-5 lb per week, feel great jogging and walking 3-4 times a week. This weekend is going to be a BIG Weekend, going to go see family that I have not told about my journey. Just got to remember to eat right and drink alot of Water.

Hope everyone has a safe 4th weekend.

I was sleeved May 13th. 7 weeks out down 35lbs. I stalled for a week also but losing pretty fast within the past week.

I was sleeved May 14th. I've lost 33 lbs in 7 weeks. I lost 15lbs the first week and nothing the second week. I've been trying to up my calories and Protein a bit.

I sleeved on May 19. I am doing very well except I worry about Protein. My doc goes by the school of thought that it needs to start coming from food and not shakes/drinks at this point, but will allow one to replace a meal.Since they never went down right, not really helping. food Protein sounds wonderful except I simply cannot eat that much protein right now. On another thread, we blamed the heat.

I get my workouts in (started as an every day and now more every other day as I take advantage of enjoying life). I really like my power walks for a few miles. I feel it and do them at night. I sleep like a baby on those nights. If it rains, I hop on the elliptical. That thing kicks my butt once I read about the proper use of it.

I had to get new clothes b/c I don't like that hanging off me look and well, I like what my body is becoming. That was nice. Who am I kidding, that was freaking fantastic. :D

Hi all,

I was sleeved on May 14 and I have lost about 20 kg (around 44 lbs)

I find my weight fluctuates a bit but generally is trending down at between 1/2 to 1 kg per week.

I am a 50 year old male.

I find if I eat too much it makes me feel unwell but that passes, and I am learning to eat less each meal. I use a bread plate now instead of a dinner plate.

Overall I am really pleased that I had the procedure.

I try and try to eat all day to get my Protein intake. I can never reeach 80 grams of protein. I drink a lot of Water but don't reach 64 oz a day. I eat very very small portions. I can't take the multi Vitamin it makes me vomit or just nauseated. I feel good just feel like I'm failing on the protein and don't know how to fix it.

Edited by nolagirl09

May 7th here. Ive been in a two week stall, once I made it to Onderland I went back to 200 for 10 days. This morning I was back to 198. Yahoo. I drank tons of Water. I also founf the hidden sodium in my food and illiminated most of it. I eat about 70-80 grams of Protein a day and try for less than 25 g of Carbs. Working out? Not so much but I am fixin to try.

Have you tried Greek yogurt, cottage cheese , and i also make myself a Protein Shake in the eveing as a snack with added fruit for flavor. I still struggle daily with getting it ALL in ! But i have found that these have helped ! Good Luck :)

Hello!

Was sleeved May 27th. I am down 42 lbs but I feel like it should be more. Anyone have trouble drinking Protein shakes? The first few weeks I was fine but after that everytime I even try to drink one I end up gagging.

Nolagirl:

I'm with you! Protein, under....water, under but getting better....and Multivitamin....what Vitamin? Makes me vomit everytime! Even the chewables :-( I'm down 42 pounds and feeling much better! Need to get more regular with exercise as well. The way I figure it....any weight loss is weight loss! I have finally decided that I am not going to worry about it too much! Eat what I can, drink what I can and just do the best that I can overall! This isn't going to be a diet for me! Too many of those in the past! I'm learning that it isn't always about perfection but just being "good enough". It's gonna come off one way or another!

Hang in there and just do the best you can!

5/13/14 down 42 lbs.

People are starting to notice the weight lose now. I was hoping I would have lost more by now. I want to be down 50 lbs by the 3rd month. I know everyone loses differently. I can't say I do everything perfect. But I try to stay away from carbs and sugar as much as possible. I still drink my Protein shakes and I log in to myfitnesspal to track what I eat. I've gone from a 20 size pants to a 16. My legs, face and neck are showing the weight lose the fastest. Just wish my tummy would trim down faster. I get so bored eating the same thing all the time. I don't have many problems with food. I can't eat bread that's the only thing that bothers my belly. I exercise with workout videos 3 times a week. Good luck everyone. Slowly but surely we will be at our goal!