Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was June 24th

I went in for surgery june 24th. It was the scariest day of my life thus far... but in the end it was well worth it. Im still in minor pain/discomfort but I can feel myself getting better day by day. I have to say that I have already stepped on the scale (yes I know it hasnt even been a week yet) and havent lost anything which was a bit disappointing to me, but I know that Im still really bloated and swollen from surgery. I just have this fear that the surgery isnt going to work even with my following the guidelines that the surgeon set for me. Just thought I'd share a bit of my story :-) Kim

I had the same fears! Now 11 months out and 136 pounds down and only 18 from goal I am jacked up! Lovin my sleeve! Just follow the program it works!

My surgery date was the 23rd so we're pretty close to the beginnings of journeys! Congrats to you.

It's easy to fear failure when we're just getting started and not sure what to expect, but I have to believe you're just full of those fluids they pump us full of for medical procedures and you WILL drop some weight soon.

We just need to follow the program and do the best we can. :)

My surgery was June 21st. I'm going back to work tomorrow and will also finally get to be on full liquids. I haven't had much pain or heartburn yet and I'm hoping that will continue as I leave the clear liquid stage. I didn't lose much the first few days but dropped 2 lbs between Friday night and Saturday. I keep telling myself that the weight will melt away, I just have to keep smiling and following the doctor's orders. Nice to meet some people who are within just a few days of me.

Edited by BamaGirl08

I had surgery on June 24th and so far I've lost ten lbs after surgery. Been having problems getting all the fluids. Feels like gas bubbles or chest pain with I think means I drank to much at one time. Which is hard when I feel thirsty a lot. I am still taking the pain meds they gave to us. Tried to just take the liquid Tylenol today and I was not able to get out much and do anything. I know thus is the resting stage but i feel like I should be able to walk more than a few blocks.

I had my surgery 6/27, was home by the afternoon of the 28th. I am down 17 pounds but I'm guessing that most of that is Fluid. I am getting in most of my liquids, even sneaking in a Protein shake every now and then in the hopes of making this hunger go away, it seems to work! My bowels feel like they are going to explode if I cant empty them soon and the incision where my stomach was removed are my greatest source of pain. Every day is getting a little bit better...I cant wait to see what the future brings!!! Best of luck to all of you on this new journey!!!

Sometimes I think I'm "hungry" so I eat Jello or decide it's time for my Protein Shake and then only eat like 2 oz and feel like that was way to much. I do need to work on getting more liquids in. Today is the last day for my clear liquid phase and then I get to move to full liquids. I have been feeling a lot better but today seems to be a bit more painful then the last 2. Good luck to everyone! I really do like being able to use this site as a helpful tool!

I had my surgery on 6/25, 11 lbs down. Is it normal to feel hungry? I thought that hormone was supposed to be gone after the surgery??

I had my surgery June 24 with no problems yet. Down 8 lbs.today is the first day I have had actual hunger.i could eat a buffet. Hope that feeling goes away.

I have cravings for foods. But I haven't been hungry yet... really disappointed in no weight loss yet :-(

I had surgery June 23rd--my doctors still have me on Clear liquids. I never thought I would crave a Protein shake but I am so ready for one! I did have issues with getting my fluids in which is why I am delayed but I am ready. I decided to take some time off from work. I am not going back until July 14th. Did anyone else have their gall bladder removed as well?

I had my surgery on june 24th. Still experiencing a lot of discomfort. Adhering to the liquids. Although my hardest challenge this first week out has been more mental. I have ALWAYS finished what my son couldn't finish eating. Don't think I've EVER thrown away food. He had an ice cream cone today and like usual when he was halfway done he passed it to me and I threw it in the garbage (not before first licking it). I was proud of myself for throwing it away but a little disappointed for taking the lick. One day at a time.

I have been struggling with that too! I found myself licking a spoon or picking off 1 of my 3 kids plates and spitting it out. I had no idea I picked and snacked as much as I did. This tool is truly making me change problem behaviors. My next battle to win is the mental hunger struggle. I plan to discuss this with both my doctor and therapist. I will post if I find something interesting.

@@Diosa617 I haven't seen my therapist for close to two weeks now, but I plan to see him next week. I'll share what i experience. I know I will now have to face problems head on instead of going to comfort food. Really didn't know how badly I snacked. Don't think I'm in denial and don't want to call myself lazy, but I never realized how much I didn't cook and how much I ordered out. Next week when I go to stage two I really plan to cook more for my child. And I'll have to work very hard at being ok to throw out food (bad conditioning from childhood). Good luck with your journey. We're all in this together.

My surgery was on 6/23/14 amazed how easy this has been for me. You know my doctor didn't tell me how many calories we should be consuming at this time. When I went to see him 1 week after surgery, I told him I was eating abt 450. Cal and he said that was fine. I really love this site, you get to see all that can happen, but knowing that possibly none of it will. Does that make sense? Ciao