Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 28-31st Sleeve Week!

I got given hibor injections to give self and kiddi Syrup and omizac capsules which I break and just eat the granules

Was sleeved on 29th, with my husband. We also didnt get any injections to take home. Welling way better. First two days I soneas having regrets. Think my hernia repair made things worse. But up to walking 2 miles. Getting Protein in, but defintely need help in getting more fluids in. #babysteps

Yesterday and especially last night were horrible! ! I have said in past post that I have had a lot of problems with intestinal gas (not to be confused with the CO2 cavity gas from the surgery). Yesterday morning my lower intestines were producing gas at an alarming rate, never befor seen by man. This progressed into gas plus the runs by early afternoon. Then the white stuff on my tongue started showing up and it started getting sore. "THRUSH" or a yeast infection in my mouth, caused by antibiotics.

Seriously, an alarming amounts of farts, sh*ts, and a yeast infection in my mouth. I think it was one of my most miserable days in my life.

So i was up untill 2AM suffering and knowing i had a 10am flight this morning. I was worried that a trip to the bathroom every 10min on the plane and the possibility of whoopsie was too risky. Off to the ER we went at 2AM. Some crushed up pills as well as some nasty tasting liquid meds for the thrush, Some really really nasty liquid Amodium AD, and some probiotic capsules. One hour of sleep and now we are at the airport waiting to fly home. No more antibiotics!

So my Dr. had us on a probiotic before surgery for 2 weeks. Apparently my 15 million "live" super bugs were dead! Because they didn't do s**t for me. The gas in my lower intestines may also be caused by this bad flora mojo. If it happens for more than two more days then to the doctor to get some tests.

That is it in a nutshell.

Oh my Kung, your have not had a good couple of days! I had thrush once and it hurt to even breathe! I'm sorry that sounds horrible. I how you have lots of gas z strips and that they start to help soon. I hope you feel better quickly!

I'm currently back over the border on my way to the San Diego airport. The van rocking is a little uncomfortable but nothing more than if I had a stomach ache from eating something bad.

I have not had dreams about solid food. I could not even imagine eating yet. We just stopped at a convenience store and I grabbed some Water, I've been squirting in power ade zero for flavor and electrolytes. I'm going to attempt a Protein Drink with water today.

I'll be on water based Protein Drinks until next Monday. Then I can start adding chocolate shakes and other flavors for 10 days before purees. I look forward to making smoothies with fresh strawberries done up in the nutrabullet! And some cream Soups. But solid food? ? No no no, my poor new tummy. Lol. I certainly don't want stitches blown or putting stuff in too early that could cause problems. Ouchhh

Alright 2 hours until San Diego. Hope everyone is starting to feel better! I'm gonna go through the list and see who we haven't heard from.

I was sleeved May 29th. I have 5 incisions. One is still painfull. I had a lot of iv liquid to get rid of. I expected to be down some pounds after just liquids for 5 days but am about the same weight. I guess I have a hyertle hernia so I have had problems laying down and feeling like everything is right there. Slept in a chair last night.

Edited by bella328i

Guys did anyone get injections to give themselves at home

I am on blood thinner injections for 10 days.

I have only told a handful of people that I was sleeved. One of my neighbors came by knowing I had surgery. She asked what I had done and I told her I was sleeved. She gave me a disgusted look. This reassures me that I did not make the wrong choice in keeping this quiet. SMH

I have only told a handful of people that I was sleeved. One of my neighbors came by knowing I had surgery. She asked what I had done and I told her I was sleeved. She gave me a disgusted look. This reassures me that I did not make the wrong choice in keeping this quiet. SMH

That's disgusting! I don like to keep secrets or lie. But its really not anyone else's business. And if they react that way.... It just goes to show what kind of person they are. So sad. I'm proud of myself losing weight with or without the help of bariatric surgery. It's certainly not easy. Thanks for sharing your experience. I certainly will limit the amount of people I tell.

Your body, your life! There is nothing to be disgusted about. This is not an easy road. People should not judge.

A total of four family members know - hubby, mother and two nieces who live with us.

They have been wonderful. I will tell my brothers and father eventually, but I didn't want everyone all up in my business with their opinions. This was not an easy choice for me; I've contemplated WLS for 9 years. Attended info sessions & backed out of surgery a week and a half before my date last year. This time I was ready and I needed no other opinions.

Sorry she was rude to you : )

That's awful that she was so insensitive! Sometimes there are reasons for surgery and people really should take into account the number of times you have tried to make it work. I'm sure all of us have spent years trying every traditional and fad diet out there! I've lost and gained the same 70lbs so many times, and that's still 50 over goal! I've never been closer to goal. I have a secret group on Facebook of good friends who are constantly trying every diet or complain about their losses. They have been following my trip. My brother wasnt going to be in that but I messaged him while I was in Mexico and realized it would show my location so I quickly told him so he wouldn't tell my mom. Honestly it would be great to see him do it in the future (my other brother too). There aren't many guys that live past their 50s his size.

Anyway your neighbor will be green with envy when you are sporting a cute summer dress or little shorts next summer! :-)

A lot of people know about my surgery and it is hard because you are being watched. Constantly asking how much have you lost, are you eating right, now don't get to small. Just constantly under the microscope. Then you have those who say I like food to much, you just cheating, you don't have enough will power to do it. So keeping to yourself would have for me been so much better.

Maybe try to use my reasoning? I have a bad tenancy to not eat most of the day every day, except dinner. So dinner is always a problem because my body stores up any extra - especially in the weekend if I actually do eat 3 meals . This will require me to have much more consistent portion sizes and not keep my body in a constant state of gain lose gain lose.

I have been dreaming about solid foods every time I close my eyes. I look at it as the addiction breaking.

When I'm awake, I didn't crave the good my husband cooked for him and the little one (Chinese stir fry)

My husband got sleeved last year in October and I am now the fifth person in our family who has gotten wls. Watching the others go first, I'll tell you I'm grateful they were the trailblazers who had to bring their own food to holidays and redirect the family to Celebrate in non-food ways for birthdays etc. Just set your own boundaries! And try to have a little grace for those who you're their "first" person they know who have done it.

When you're rocking a 25 bmi, there will be an I told you so! Moment.

I was not one to keep my surgery a secret. I am pretty strong minded and if they don't agree with my decision - not really my problem. I seriously only have ONE person in my life that disagrees with my decision (at least she's the only one gutsy enough to voice her opinion!!) and that was one of my sisters in law. At 46 years old - I am pretty much going to do what I feel is best for me. I have always struggled with weight (she NEVER has) and believe me - I did all my homework and really prepared for this. Something this serious was not something I was going to "half-ass". I have a huge support system of family and friends - and that support system makes me more accountable cuz I want to make sure that I NEVER go back to what I was before WLS. What's sad is that I had VSG on 5/28 and she has yet to even TEXT me to see how I am doing. That says a lot to me. I may not always support HER decisions - but always kept my opinions to myself - not my place to give those opinions. At least my brother has checked in and gives me 100% support. Her loss!