Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance to pay for protein shakes

Hello, was wondering did your insurance carrier pay for Protein Shakes? I heard of a site name insurenutrition.com and they accept insurance. Some say it's a scam and some say it not a scam.

I was wondering about this too, logically Protein supplements and all supplements should at least be covered post op because they are needed medically....but when it comes to Insurance....and recent health care changes....what does logic have to do with it/

I tried it. They sent info to my dr. and wrote back and said he denied it. I never talked to my dr. about it. I don't normally drink their shakes, but hey, if they were covered why not?

It didn't work for me through them

It didn't work for me through them

It worked for me an another girl that had that the surgery. Our copay are 17

17.00 for how much?? I guess the doctor has to sign off on it

17.00 for how much?? I guess the doctor has to sign off on it

That is my copayment. My insurance covers it for 7 months and they will fax a prescription to the doctor and he or she has to sign it and fax it back. Then they send it to the insurance company. It covers supplements Multivitamin and cream for your scares and they say it works on your tiger strips. ☺

When applying, do you give the name of your pcp doctor or the doctor that performed the surgery?

I did the online form and when I was at the doc's yesterday he saw the request for an rx in my file from them and he asked me what it was. I told him it was a way to get insurance to cover some shakes and he said "oh" and closed my file. So, I'm guessing he never sent them anything signed.

Oh well -- looked at the site and it only covered a few of their shakes -- I'll just buy my own.

If you search on the site for "insurance paying for Protein drinks" there is a really extensive post on this

A lot of folks have been getting it covered through their pharmacy benefit

It really all depends on your employer benefit so even same insurance different employers will be different

It is not a scam, at least from this company. I get five cases of shakes a month plus Vitamin supplements. I have no co-pay. The company verifies if your insurance covers it and then sends a prescription fax to your doctor's office. I got my first shipment in about 2 weeks after applying, and they come every month.

I applied for the Protein Shakes through this company. Have not heard anything bCk from them yet. How long does it take before you get a reply.... How do I know if they sent the request to my ins?

I applied for the Protein Shakes through this company. Have not heard anything bCk from them yet. How long does it take before you get a reply.... How do I know if they sent the request to my ins?

Ditto

it would be very nice to offset some costs of this journey to receive some needed Protein shakes at a reduced or free rate!