Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some NSV's you're looking foward to?

I just thought this would be fun! If you are pre-op what are some NSVs (non scale victory) you want? If you are post-op what were some NSVs you wanted and did you achieve it?

This might sound weird but the one nsv I want, probably more than any, is to be able to fit into Victoria Secret bras and clothes!!!

I get the Victoria Secret thing. It is also something I look forward to. I want to go for a walk and not be tired after a quarter of a mile. I also want to ride my bike again. But most of all.... I want to get up in the morning and not have how I feel each day dictated by what I weigh!

I will feel successful when I don't take up so much space- like not having to turn sideways in a narrow aisle.

Also I want to ride roller coasters without checking to see if I fit.

choosing clothes without worrying about if the top will cover my thighs/stomach/behind. It's so difficult to dress and feel comfortable.

I would also love to be able to wear sleeveless tops-haven't done that since I was a child

feel comfortable having my picture taken

yoga poses and exercise would be easier

increased energy

increased confidence

shop in boutiques without worrying about fitting into the cute clothes in the window

feel comfortable in a swim suit

freedom from this fat suit of oppression that I have been dragging around and struggling with since I was 9.

It is so much easiier to roll over in bed.

Yessssss to the roller coaster thing!!! I live about 20 mom away from carrowinds in NC and my friends are always wanting to go and I have to lie and say rides scare me just so they don't try and talk me into going. But reality is I love love love ridding roller coaster I just don't want the embarrassment of not fitting onto them.

Being able to ride amusement park rides take a walk with my daughter on the beach fitting into a booth at a restaurant shopping anywhere I feel like it & not having to use the electric scooter! There are many more but those are top on my list

Since losing over 200 pounds (size 26 US) nearly everything in my whole life is different.

I can:

• sit on the ground cross legged
  • sit with 3 other people comfortably in a “4 seater” on a train
  • put my shoes on easily (even standing balancing on one foot)
  • attend a full bikram yoga session/spin class
  • sit on plastic lawn chairs/regular chairs without a fear of breaking them
  • walk up many flights of stairs
  • run

I can wear:

• size 8-12 tops and size 12 pants (US size 4 – 8 tops and size 8 pants)
  • high heels
  • strapless bras
  • stockings/skirts/dresses without chafing
  • ankle socks (before they would not come up high enough to stop blisters on ankle)
  • ordinary socks (before I would get an allergy line around my ankle when I took off he socks)
  • fitted clothes
  • just about anything
  • my clothes more than once because they still smell clean

I can buy:

• push up bras (only available to a certain size)
  • proper sports bras (also only available to a certain size)
  • dresses (dresses are kind of “half the price” of a shirt/pants/skirt because you don’t have to buy anything else as it is the full outfit)

I can shop:

• at lingerie stores
  • at discount outlets
  • off the discount racks
  • at charity shops/markets (I got $1 fill a bag last weekend – great stuff)

I am looking forward to fitting in chairs and not having to call ahead to see if places have adequate seating. I am also looking forward to the positive change in my sex life, the increase in mobility, going to theatres to see plays/shows (before I could not fit in the seats), being able to cross my legs, being able to dance, having room in my driver side area (now the seat belt is so uncomfortable and my belly touches the seering wheel), running, people not starring at me, not being the big girl when I go out with friends, and simply being able to fit in (chothes, cars, airplanes, crowded places, desks, and the environment as a whole). My surgery is scheduled for July 22, 2014......This will be the day that my life changes forever. I am determined to accomplish all of these NSVs.

As of yesterday, my wide shoes are big and sloppy. I was able to cross my legs at the doctor's office. I was trying to describe to the doctor how that I am shapeshifting. She asked me to explain what I meant. I said that all of my leftover belly weight that I have not lost yet, seems to be sinking below my waist and gathering around like a lifesaver on a pencil. Then I said, "Wait! I have a waist!!!!!!" I was so freakin' happy.

I just thought this would be fun! If you are pre-op what are some NSVs (non scale victory) you want? If you are post-op what were some NSVs you wanted and did you achieve it?

This might sound weird but the one nsv I want, probably more than any, is to be able to fit into Victoria Secret bras and clothes!!!

Fun post!

My top 3

1. I want to have more energy, be able to clean my house and play with my 2 y/o son without sweating from head to toe

2. I don't want to worry about if I'll fit in a chair/booth/stall/etc..

3. And I would like to have the desire/stamina to make love to my hubby.

I'm 4 weeks post op and had a number of items on my list.

Sit on a plane without a seat belt extender - did that today

Cross my legs when I sit - did that today

Going for walks comfortably

Those are a few I have already hit

I have been over 400 lbs for two years, I was over 300 lbs for 20+ years and there are things that I remember doing that I took for grated that I just cant do anymore.

Fitting into a booth without having to push the table back.

Sitting in a chair with arms and not worry about breaking it or getting stuck

getting into a car without having my gut rest on the steering wheel

fitting into clothes that are not specially made

being able to put my shoes on without sitting down and or needing assistance

riding a bike

roller skating

sitting cross legged on the grass in a park, and being able to get up!

fitting in a bathroom stall without going to the handicapped stall

fitting comfortably into a set at movie theater

fitting into a ride at the fair

having energy

eating in a place without feeling like every one is watching every bite you take

I know I can go on and on about it...but there are so many little things that I just wish I had not let go of, maybe I would have worked harder to keep the weight down and not just got bigger and bigger. but I started sitting out of events and not going places and wearing sweats and it just got easier and easier until I forgot the old me and became someone else. I cant wait to get me back.

Being able to ride all roller coasters (at Busch Gardens).

Buy clothes in the regular men's section, not big and tall.

Not worrying about table or BOOTH.

Not being recognized at first glance by extended family.