Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its really working!

This journey is very frustrating sometimes where I go 3-4 weeks with barely any movement in the scale. I am a scale person not a measure by clothes person because I can lose 50 lbs and not go down a pants size or shirt size (I have a large bust that prevents that and the last place I lose is my legs) I have lost 31 lbs so far and saw this morning a number on the scale this morning that I have not seen in 3 years!!! Wow! I really want to lose 4 more lbs by the end of the month and I'm going to try super hard to avoid carbs and sugar to do so! I'm shooting for -51 by the end of June to get me to onederland

Congratulations, Wendy! So happy for you. It really does suddenly click into place, doesn't it? I'm feeling really happy with my band and life in general. Can't wait to hit Onderland, too. On the horizon!

Congratulations, Wendy! So happy for you. It really does suddenly click into place, doesn't it? I'm feeling really happy with my band and life in general. Can't wait to hit Onderland, too. On the horizon!

I was starting to feel like my losses only happen when I get fills. I'm hoping it was only my body adjusting that makes it stop for 3-4 weeks. The I'll lose like 5-7 right away then stop for awhile. I really need to work on cutting out carbs and sugar

I use MFP and it records my sugars and carbs and I preplan my day to make sure I avoid them. I'm down to losing about 1/2 lbs a month and this could be discouraging if I let it be. Truth is, I'm pretty happy with how I look and feel, so the 1/2 lb a month is just icing on the cake. Keep it up. You'll reach goal before you know it.

Congrats on your success so far! I also have sporadic amounts of weight loss. Some weeks I don't lose any and then others I lose 3 or 4 pounds. You mentioned you want to start cutting out carbs and sugar and I think that's a great plan. Honestly, I am finally realizing that the weeks I lose the most are when I eat less carbs and sugar and stay well hydrated.

You don't necessarily have to cut out carbs all together, but definitely eat as few as you can. And when you do eat carbs, make sure they aren't the useless white bread kind (aka bad carbs) haha . Go for whole wheat/ whole grain types because they actually have nutritional value. Non-starchy vegetables are a source of good carbs as well.

Best of luck to you! :)

Congrats on your success so far! I also have sporadic amounts of weight loss. Some weeks I don't lose any and then others I lose 3 or 4 pounds. You mentioned you want to start cutting out carbs and sugar and I think that's a great plan. Honestly, I am finally realizing that the weeks I lose the most are when I eat less carbs and sugar and stay well hydrated. You don't necessarily have to cut out carbs all together, but definitely eat as few as you can. And when you do eat carbs, make sure they aren't the useless white bread kind (aka bad carbs) haha . Go for whole wheat/ whole grain types because they actually have nutritional value. Non-starchy vegetables are a source of good carbs as well. Best of luck to you! :)

I have a hard time just eating "good carbs" because it triggers my mind to want the bad stuff so for now I'm going to avoid it all together. Thanks though :) I do get a few carbs from veggies like asparagus or broccoli or celery

I use MFP and it records my sugars and carbs and I preplan my day to make sure I avoid them. I'm down to losing about 1/2 lbs a month and this could be discouraging if I let it be. Truth is, I'm pretty happy with how I look and feel, so the 1/2 lb a month is just icing on the cake. Keep it up. You'll reach goal before you know it.

I can't ever seem to remember to use MFP when I start. I do well for about a day or so and then I just stop. Is there a way to tailor it to a low carb diet rather than the original low cal that it's set at?

I can't ever seem to remember to use MFP when I start. I do well for about a day or so and then I just stop. Is there a way to tailor it to a low carb diet rather than the original low cal that it's set at?

Yes, log into it on your PC and change your settings