Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have traded my food obsession to the scales!! I weigh every day, a couple of times a day. I hate it!! I know I have seen the other post about the scales but I am truly driving myself crazy!! And another question does anyone drink tea? I was sleeves 2/18/14.

If it's driving you crazy, well, there's no law requiring you to have a scale in your house. If you live with someone, have them hide it from you (or at least the batteries if you trust yourself not to just get more batteries and turn it back on). If you don't, take the scale to a friend or family member's home and ask them to put it away in their house for a few months. Good luck!

Thank you Bufflehead. I just never dreamed I would trade my obsession for food to a scale. Lol, but I am going to have to just remove it from my house like you said. Thanks again

Years ago, I bought a Weight Watchers digital scale. It was NEVER consistent about my weight. I prefer to stop by my bariatric center because their scales are calibrated and the staff can always give me the feedback I need to keep going! Of course, at the center I don't weigh "in the buff", but it doesn't matter--I wear the same thing every time. I am very glad I threw that old scale out long before surgery!

It's natural to do that. My nutritionist made me stop weighing myself and I am only to get weighed at my appointments because I was obsessing. She said I wasn't enjoying the full benefits of my weight loss since I was only focusing on a number!! She was right! I gave up the scale, I felt better and was more aware of my loss since it forced me to focus more on my body. I lost 25 pounds that month!! I go back to her on the 28th and I can't wait!!....I am a huge Decaf tea drinker. I love all the flavored teas that are out. Two of my favorites right now are the Counrty Peach Passion and the Manderin Orange Spice from Celestrial Seasonings. They aren't even expensive teas!! LOL :D

Edited by StephanieRR

Better then hiding the scale. take it outside and hit it as hard as you can with a sledge hammer or ax Trust me...we have addictions and it is very common to trade one for another.....Obsession with all healthy natural foods. size, numbers, so on and so on.

Part of this program is to fix your head. You are not ready for the scale because you can't stay off of it. I am sure that I have only weighed myself maybe 6 or 7 times in 17 months. Every weigh in I lost weight...I did not think of numbers I only looked at sizes...I watched how my clothes fit and judged from there. It was a little nerve wracking to even go on the scales when I was required to. But you know...It has worked for me..I stick to the program most of the time and can feel my body changing....

I remember that I was stuck on size 20 for what I felt was forever but I still did not dust off the scale....It took years to put my weight on and I never used a scale then..Why now?

I do drink tea. I have 2 cups a day no sugar and a little milk. Soon I won't because it is getting warmer here. So I will look for other things to drink. I also drink low calorie hot chocolate. That just makes me think I am cheating and I am not.

Take my advise...Smash that scale!!!! :)

I was sleeved on 4/8 and I have had no problems with Decaf tea. Warm lemon tea has been my comfort drink. :-)

Billie70, I totally understand where you're coming from. I did the same thing. ALL THE TIME. Last week I went on a business trip and didn't have a scale. I thought I'd go nuts, but didn't. I kept following my plan, even though it was hard because I ate out for each meal. When I got home I thought, "Wow, I wonder what I'm going to weigh!" I stepped on the scale and it hadn't moved. I was gone for 5 days. I was so disgusted I put the scale away and didn't look at it again. I stepped on it today which is a week after I got back from the trip and guess what? I was down 3 pounds! Not only did I not obsess about the scale, I didn't see the day over day losses. So when I did weigh, it was a big deal! :)

The point is, if you do something over and over and over again, it loses it's magic. Seeing the scale not move over 5 days isn't as magical as seeing it move 3 pounds in 2 weeks.

I don't obsess over the scale anymore since my trip. It, like the sleeve, is only a tool. If you want some immediate satisfaction, go into your closet and look for a pair of pants 1 size smaller than what you think you are. Try to put them on. I bet they fit! I bet you can shopping in your own closet for clothes you haven't worn for 5 years! Talk about immediate gratification!!!!

Good luck!

Edited by rbtnln