Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my band to sleeve revision on March 6th. Today marked 6 weeks post op. My surgery date weight was 245 . Two weeks ago I weighed myself and I was 225 but today I stepped on the scale at 226!!. Has the sleeve stopped working ? I eat small portions and I make sure I'm eating Protein and low carbs, I could increase my Water intake more but I never thought that I would see the scale go up so quickly after surgery. Now I'm worried because my doctor DID say to me that some people who go from band to sleeve either don't lose weigh or they may even gain weight. I feel awful because I couldn't wait to step on the scale today ... What a disappointment ????

NO! That was happening to be when I was about 3 weeks post op. I think it happens to everyone! I'm actually down 70 since surgery which was in December!!! And down 120 since I started losing weight by myself:) one thing that helped me is not weighing myself everyday. Maybe once or twice a week. Put the scale down and focus on your portions and excersize. It's so much more fun when it's a surprise(:

Agreed with Megpie. Get OFF the scale. As women, we tend to gain weight at certain times of the month, or after a salty snack. (It's all Water retention.) Keep fighting the good fight and give it a few weeks before you step back on the scale. You will be pleasantly surprised!!!!

They cut up to 85 % of your stomach out. Do you really think that your system is going to take that well. It is going to take time for all the crap to leave your system that they put in there, swelling to go down and healing is a major time consuming effort. you have to give your body some rest and keep on the program and look forward.

Get the scale out of the equation and wait a bit before you weigh yourself again...There is no reason why you can't lose the weight. Trust your sleeve by doing what you are supposed to do and it will come off. K :)

I think it is much healthier to focus on getting healthy - pay attention to your consumption of food, is it the right mix of Protein /carbs etc, staying hydrated, becoming more active. Those are the things you can control and amazingly enough, over time, they lead to the scale showing results.

You cannot, simply cannot focus on what the scale says one morning - or day to day. She is a harsh mistress and in over the short term lies and cheats. I have had times when I overindulge and the next day shows a loss or a day like yesterday that I hardly ate (due to other reasons) and yet I am up a pound. Does that mean that the sleeve suddenly stopped working for me? No. It is one of the many mysteries and you just cannot let it become so emotional, so important. The scale is really only relevant on a weekly or even monthly basis.

Now, I do weigh more frequently as part of my accountability to myself plan, but, I don't worry about a pound or two since that is quite literally how the scale bounces.

Thanks everybody your feedback is soo much appreciated. I don't even weigh myself everyday.. Before today the last time I weighed myself was two weeks ago, so I was pretty shocked I guess .. I will keep my head up! Thanks again!!