Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 21st surgery

Anyone having their surgery April 21st?

Hi I'm having my gastric bypass surgery on the 21st and I'm so ready for this next step on my journey to regain my health and happiness. I pray that our surgeries will go smoothly and that the healing will process will be as easy as can be expected for major surgery. God bless!!!

Thank you for the prayers , I hope things work out the way we want. I'm so nervous about the whole thing and sometimes I question my choice as I've never had any kind of surgery before. Now that it's only a few hours away I'm more scared! I pray for both of us and let's connect again after surgery, I want to make sure all went well with you....good luck!!

Thank you for the prayers , I hope things work out the way we want. I'm so nervous about the whole thing and sometimes I question my choice as I've never had any kind of surgery before. Now that it's only a few hours away I'm more scared! I pray for both of us and let's connect again after surgery, I want to make sure all went well with you....good luck!!

My prayers are with you too. It's completely normal to be scared I'm scared too. But my fears are lessened by the fact that we are going to benefit greatly from this surgery in the long run. Better health, more energy, and a shopping spree for new clothes from the regular sized department!!! WooHoo!!! I'm praying for you that your fears will ease up a little and that everything will work out for all of us. Have a great day, God bless!!!

Anyone having their surgery April 21st?

Hi I'm having my gastric bypass surgery on the 21st and I'm so ready for this next step on my journey to regain my health and happiness. I pray that our surgeries will go smoothly and that the healing will process will be as easy as can be expected for major surgery. God bless!!!

Having my surgery as well. Can't sleep too nervous. Hope all goes well sending prayers.

Today is the day!!! I'm up and ready to begin my new journey to post op. Thanks to everyone for sharing your ups and downs for your experiences have prepared me and have given me an idea of what to expect so I'd be even more prepared should I have similar experiences. I pray that everyone having surgery this week and in the future will be blessed with a smooth procedure, experienced surgeons, nurses, and OR staff, and that healing will begin without too much drama, we expect some but my prayer is that it will not be so much that it makes us doubt this decision. God bless each and every one of us,Amen.

Well I had my surgery yesterday and except for a little nausea and pain I feel really good. I just spoke with my surgeon and if all continues to go well I'll be discharged tomorrow. This has been a very exciting journey thus far and I'm eager to get home so I can exercise, eat well, and regain my health and wellness I pray that everyone else had a smooth transition from pre op to post op as I have thus far. Have a great day, God bless.

My doctor just came in to see me and I'm going home tonight. I feel good, I'm able to sip 60 ml of liquids, and I've been walking around the floor all day. I'm going home with the drain but I don't have any staples my surgery was done laparoscopically. I feel great except for the usual soreness at the sites the scope was inserted. I pray that everyone else is doing well and that even if there are complications they won't dissuade you from your purpose. Oh yeah, I'm passing gas like crazy the walking really helped me to get things moving.

I'm in so much pain it goes all the way to my back

So sorry to hear you're in such pain. Are you pushing your pump and if that's not working are you letting the nurse know? Please don't suffer in silence they have meds that will help you with pain management. I'm praying for you to feel better.

Hey! I got sent home yesterday I feel a little bit better but the pain Is still a decent amount. Do you have trouble sitting up because of your stomach ? I feel like I have no strength in my abdomen it's hard to get out of bed let me know if you are experiencing the same

Hey! I got sent home yesterday I feel a little bit better but the pain Is still a decent amount. Do you have trouble sitting up because of your stomach ? I feel like I have no strength in my abdomen it's hard to get out of bed let me know if you are experiencing the same

I had my surgery on the 21st. Went from band to bypass revision. Waiting on doc to come in to remove my drain then I am out of here! ! Wahooo!! Not much pain other than drain. Can't wait to start loosing weight!!

Hey BriWLS, yes I had the same soreness and weakness in my stomach which hurt when I went from lying to sitting or standing. As this is day five post op the pain has lessened greatly but I'm still careful not to try to stand or sit too quickly as it will cause unwanted pain. I pray your pain goes away completely soon. Have a blessed day.

How are you all doing, April 21sters. I had mine on the 21st too. It's so interesting how different each of our surgeons handle the diets and surgery. I feel pretty good but tire out easily. I'm so sick of the sweet drinks. I like herb ox broths. It's the only thing not sweet. I think I get cleared for puréed food at my two week follow up. I can't wait. What has been your go to drinks is past week?

How are you all doing, April 21sters. I had mine on the 21st too. It's so interesting how different each of our surgeons handle the diets and surgery. I feel pretty good but tire out easily. I'm so sick of the sweet drinks. I like herb ox broths. It's the only thing not sweet. I think I get cleared for puréed food at my two week follow up. I can't wait. What has been your go to drinks is past week?

I'm doing good but I'm having great difficulty with the Protein. Every time I try to mix it with anything it causes instant nausea and stomach cramps. I'm praying that when I enter the next stage of puréed foods I'll be better able to disguise the taste of the protein. I discussed this with my doc and he's not too worried about me not getting the protein while it's crucial to my successful weight loss, he wants me to focus on getting in my supplements and staying hydrated. I tried the muscle milk for the first time today. It made me feel a little nauseous but as I'm sipping on it slowly it's better than anything else I've tried thus far. All the best to you!!!