Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded in April?

My band date is 4/3/2014 and I am super excited, even a little nervous. I can barely sleep at night. I am supposed to. Officially start my two week pre op diet on March 20, but I've been following it for a little over a week now. Today I actually had the worse sugar craving ever... I gave in too. Anyone else have these moments?

Hi! I am being banded April 7. I officially have to start my diet on the 24 but I am starting it early as well.

Pibble,

Are you excited? What are your goals? How's your family support? My daughter doesn't want mommy to lose her fluffiness but my boyfriend is all for it. I've been struggling with my weight since I was 13, I am ready for the much needed support in my weight loss.

Pibble,

Are you excited? What are your goals? How's your family support? My daughter doesn't want mommy to lose her fluffiness but my boyfriend is all for it. I've been struggling with my weight since I was 13, I am ready for the much needed support in my weight loss.

I am super excited but nervous as hell. Lol. My last surgery was in the 80s n I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia. So that for me is scariest. My family support is strong except for my nephew. Well now hes better after I explained how all my life ive struggled with this and its an addiction. Addicts need help. All that so now hes better. Lol. But at first he was like you are just lazy. My boyfriend who is also heavy is struggling with my decision because he feels I am going to dump him once I lose all my weight. Smh. Im at the point in life where u can say or do what u want but im finally going to take care of me!! My first goal is 50 pounds by October. Lol. If I can do it sooner more power to me. Lets be buddies!! One can never have enough support in this. I too have struggled with my weight since very young.

Awesome! Let's do it! My boyfriend is in shape and I feel bad sometimes because I want him to feel like I feel towards him towards me...lol does that make since? His main concern is me opting out of physical or outdoors activities because I don't want people watching the "fat girl," be active. My goal is to lose 73 lbs by my birthday 12/22.

I totally understand that! I was so scared to join the gym because I didnt want people to stare at the fat girl. Lol. I have since decided to let people stare because I am changing for the better!! People want to stare thats there problem!! You will soo lose it!! And if you need someone to remind you, just let me know! Where r u from?

My surgery date is now April 1st. Originally I was scheduled for March 18th, but got a call Friday with 4 days left of my pre op diet that my doctor was sick and was rescheduling all of his surgeries. I was pretty bummed and at first I doubted my decision. I will be restarting the pre op diet tomorrow and excited for April 1st to get here.

Welcome Redstorm. :) how frustrating to have surgery pushed back!! I would so scream. Lol. But then again I have a wicked temper. What does your pre op diet look like??

My pre op diet I think is a little better then most I have seen in here but still hard. I get 4 Protein Shakes per day, one small meal of baked chicken or fish with a non starchy veggie and Water soluble fruits in between. The fruit was my lifesaver last time around. What does yours consist of?

You are so lucky. I m all liquids for 2 weeks. I have to consume a liquid meal every 4 hrs. Liquids are yogurt, pudding, Soups, and Protein Shakes. I can have 3 oz lean proteing the first werk but nothing solid week 2. :'( I plan on having a burger the night before I have to start this diet as I am a carnivore and love red meat. Lol.

One of my fears with this whole thing are my dogs. I thankfully have some amazing girlfriend s through from the shelter I volunteer at and they have already stepped up to help. I do not have children and they r my furry kids. Lol.

My surgery date is now April 1st. Originally I was scheduled for March 18th, but got a call Friday with 4 days left of my pre op diet that my doctor was sick and was rescheduling all of his surgeries. I was pretty bummed and at first I doubted my decision. I will be restarting the pre op diet tomorrow and excited for April 1st to get here.

Well I am glad you did not quit. I know that had to suck so bad. I am a little anxious now, I am barely sleeping, but I guess that's apart of excitement. Good luck and best wishes. Keep us updated. Maybe we can be our own little support group and cheering squad.

Well I am glad you did not quit. I know that had to suck so bad. I am a little anxious now, I am barely sleeping, but I guess that's apart of excitement. Good luck and best wishes. Keep us updated. Maybe we can be our own little support group and cheering squad.

I like that idea!! One can never have enough cheerleaders! And we all know how difficult weight loss is.

Just got my date too. April 1. I'm way nervous. Gave one more day to eat (today) and on the pre ob diet tomorrow. I have to go on a business trip in May so I'm a little concerned about that too. Not sure what to do with myself the next two weeks but get myself phsyically ready.

I am also having some trouble sleeping. Had a dream about the surgery. Wasn't bad - just a weird dream.

Just got my date too. April 1. I'm way nervous. Gave one more day to eat (today) and on the pre ob diet tomorrow. I have to go on a business trip in May so I'm a little concerned about that too. Not sure what to do with myself the next two weeks but get myself phsyically ready.

I am also having some trouble sleeping. Had a dream about the surgery. Wasn't bad - just a weird dream.

I actually started my pre op today. I seem to br ok. I am relieved that my Soups can be chunky. When in may is your trip? My dr wont let me fly for three months so make sure you ask if u r flying.

Totally with you on weird dreams. Lol. I think its our way of coping with this. Good luck!!