Hey all! We're sure you've already noticed that BariatricPal was upgraded on 2/6/2017. If you happen to stumble across any bugs or issues, we'd love it if you could create a topic here to notify us of the bug so that we can squash it and keep your experience as desirable as possible! Thank you!
Julie K. Brown

3 week post op gastric sleeve

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.  I'm 3 weeks post op gastric sleeve with Blossom Bariatrics (Dr. Umbach) and have lost 27 pounds so far.  My day before surgery weight was 215.  I feel I'm doing well, but am still bothered by nausea.  Is this normal?

I struggled with nausea weeks 3 and 4.  I had run out of my prescription strength liquid antacid and tried an over the counter liquid antacid (Galviscon).  It didn't work.  The nausea stopped when I switched to Prilosec 2X per day (morning and night) in pill form.  I hadn't tried the pill before because I was worried about swallowing one but I finally got desperate enough to try and it worked.   

1 person likes this

I think nausea is fairly common. Your stomach is healing and has a huge incision, if your dr. didn't give you a scrip for Prilosec or another PPI, call and ask. If you are already on a PPI, mention the nausea to your dr., he may give you something else.

1 person likes this

Thanks so the feedback.  I'll try the antacids and hope this goes away soon! :)

If it doesn't go away, contact Dr. Umbach's office - they are more than willing to help!  He's a great surgeon and has a great staff.

Congrats on your loss so far!

1 person likes this

Thanks so much.  I'm also trying to drink more Water as I've heard that may be a cause.  And I agree that Dr. Umbach and his staff are terrific.  I will contact them if it continues.  Did you have him as a surgeon too?  And congratulations on your weight loss!

Hi there.

Yes, I went to Dr. Umbach - traveled there from out of the area.  It was a great experience.  Couldn't ask for a better team.