Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm PRE-op (get my date next Thurs), and trying to find Proteins for post-op. I'm struggling. Everything is so sweet w/ a funny taste. . GNC, Isopure & Pure Protein ready mixed shakes all made me gag. I hate to spend so much on a big tub of powder & then hate it. Any picky people with suggestions on brands?

I use the Isopure low carb Dutch Cholocate... not that I like the Protein Shakes but it is the best tasting. I once bought some other brand of Protein Powder inthe Vitiman Shoppe and it tasted like bleach... I brought it back and they gave me store credit. I tried lots of different brands but come back to Isopure....but that is just my taste. Stay away from the Protein Shots they are discusting !!!!!

I went to bariatric pantry and bought several samples. It was worth every penny to be able to buy samples instead of the huge containers. The only thing I haven't been able to stand was Isopure. Everything Else I have gotten used to it.

I like unjury unflavored because it's the most versatile. One day you may feel like having a fruit smoothie and the next day a chocolate Peanut Butter banana shake. Or you may want to add a scoop to your mashed potatoes. The flavor combinations are endless. Last night I had a mango strawberry pear smoothie and now I'm drinking a chocolate cheesecake shake (30g Protein in 8 oz)

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310

I like unjury unflavored because it's the most versatile. One day you may feel like having a fruit smoothie and the next day a chocolate Peanut Butter banana shake. Or you may want to add a scoop to your mashed potatoes. The flavor combinations are endless. Last night I had a mango strawberry pear smoothie and now I'm drinking a chocolate cheesecake shake (30g Protein in 8 oz)

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310

Could you give me the recipe for the Protein shakes you are mentioning..

Could you give me the recipe for the Protein shakes you are mentioning..

Sure. First I buy fresh fruit and when I get home, I wash, cut, bag and freeze all the fruit. It's cheaper for me but if you want, you can just buy already frozen fruit. The sky is the limit on what kind of fruit you choose. I also use a magic bullet blender. To make the mango one, I use 1 mango, 1 peach, a cup strawberries, (sometimes a banana) a pear, a splash of Water or no sugar added apple juice, a scoop of Protein Powder a d depending on how sweet the fruit is, a little bit of splenda. If the fruit is not frozen, use ice cubes and blend. The chocolate shake I use 8 oz 1% milk, a packet of no sugar added hot chocolate mix and a scoop of Protein powder. You may add Peanut Butter, banana, no sugar added frozen yogurt (like the ice cream type) a tbsp of sugar free pudding mix (whatever flavor you like, I like cheesecake) The possibilities are endless.

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 SW:338 CW:306

So I'm PRE-op (get my date next Thurs)' date=' and trying to find Proteins for post-op. I'm struggling. Everything is so sweet w/ a funny taste. . GNC, Isopure & Pure Protein ready mixed shakes all made me gag. I hate to spend so much on a big tub of powder & then hate it. Any picky people with suggestions on brands?[/quote']

I absolutely love " oh yeah". I believe they have the powder and pre made shakes. They have all sorts of flavors. My favorite is the chocolate an the vanilla cream. I just bought some on Amazon, cheapest there. I also like the whey Protein powder and the EAS protein powder.

Good luck to you.

Does anyone know which Protein powders have a nutritional label and not a supplement label?

I absolutely love " oh yeah". I believe they have the powder and pre made shakes. They have all sorts of flavors. My favorite is the chocolate an the vanilla cream. I just bought some on amazon' date=' cheapest there. I also like the whey Protein powder and the EAS Protein Powder.< /p>

Good luck to you.[/quote']

I did not know that EAS makes powder. Their ready made no carb AdvantEDGE is the only ready made that I can tolerate so far. Thx!

I posted this in a seperate thread, but I just got my chike! sample pack, and I love it. It is super sweet. But the chocolate one tastes like a fudgecicle. the vanilla tastes like cake batter. Its not grainy and I don't taste any gunky chemicals. Its also gluten free. I love it. It's kinda thick though. I wonder how it would freeze. Its kinda fluffy so I wonder if it would freeze like ice cream. haha. one can dream.

Nashua Nutrition sells single samples of many different brands for $1.95 each. Chike is yummy! Lots of people like Unjury but I wasn't crazy about it. They sell samples too.

I posted this in a seperate thread' date=' but I just got my chike! sample pack, and I love it. It is super sweet. But the chocolate one tastes like a fudgecicle. the vanilla tastes like cake batter. Its not grainy and I don't taste any gunky chemicals. Its also gluten free. I love it. It's kinda thick though. I wonder how it would freeze. Its kinda fluffy so I wonder if it would freeze like ice cream. haha. one can dream.[/quote']

Erika, I read your blog. Did you have to order the Chike or did you find it somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I use Genesis Pure Protein powder. It's yummy and full of good Protein and Vitamins. It comes in vanilla, chocolate and Mixed berry. They also have liquid Vitamins and liquid Calcium. Everything is natural, no additives in any of it. They gave several products that I think is going to help me. If interested in info let me know.

I'm having surgery in 2 more days, the 26th Tuesday. Right now I'm congested. Went to My PCP Thursday, got a shot of Roseffrin and a s riot for Keflex. Does not seem to be helping.

I live in Lubbock Tx and have to drive to Dallas 6 hrs away for the surgery. If I get there and they won't so it ill be devastated.

Pray I get better.