Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't been able to "go to the bathroom" in 4 days!! I've tried Xlax and coffee and Water. I'm starting to feel pain in my abdominal area.

I am 3 weeks out of surgery. Still on soft foods. Has anyone else gone through this??? How do I fix it???

Thanks a million for all your help!!

Try some milk of magnesia. Works great.

MOM is what worked for me, too. And just because things start moving doesn't mean you should stop taking it. I was on it for at least a week.

So glad I tapped into this blog! I was worried about the same thing and I haven't had my surgery yet! Thanks for the info! Have a wonderful day ladies!

So glad I tapped into this blog! I was worried about the same thing and I haven't had my surgery yet! Thanks for the info! Have a wonderful day ladies!

And gents! Sorry

Try MOM it worked for me and take it before you go to bed the next morning u will be so relieved . You don t have to run to the bathroom during the day .

Does this happen to a lot of people, so far I am 9 days post op and I have been going all the time. No problems at all. Is something that happens once you are on more solid food as of right now I am all liquid......

While still in the hospital I had trouble...they had to give me an enema before I could go home to make sure there was no bowel obstruction. Not Fun... but--Since I've been home I go regularly (also liquid) due to the Protein shakes...yuck. I just started solids so hopefully it'll "firm up"... LOL. Surgery that messes with your stomach frequently causes diahrea for a while, just because of the upsetting of your bowels/intestines (according to my doc when I mentioned it...).

Miralax. Add it to your Water once or twice a day. Tasteless! works great!

Does this happen to a lot of people' date=' so far I am 9 days post op and I have been going all the time. No problems at all. Is something that happens once you are on more solid food as of right now I am all liquid......[/quote']

Yes, happens to every single Sleever. You will be a victim when you start solids at around 4-5 weeks post op. don't worry about being left out. :)

I have found suppositories work the best for the first "going" issue. Once you are past the "OMG! I have not pooped in 5 days," then I would use a combination of Miralax and gelled chia seeds. You can find a lot about Chia seeds if you do a search. I have posted a bunch along with OTR, BTB and others. I swear by the chia seeds for a healthy digestion track. Good luck! Repeat suppositories if you have the "going" problem after that (e.g. flu dehydrates you or other reason) before starting with Miralax / chia seeds again. Miralax/chia seeds are more of a daily maintenance and not helpful for an initial unplugging.

Ok...Thank YOU ALL so much....

BUT... How long does it take the suppositories to work. I'm on my third one and nothing:( I'm scared I'm going to have to go to the doctor....

I haven't gone in three weeks. I'm a week post op and did the two week liquid diet. I'm a little scared of when I go to soft foods. I'm a fan if Miralax myself. We used it with my son when he switched to cows milk and that stuff works like a champ.

Ok...Thank YOU ALL so much....

BUT... How long does it take the suppositories to work. I'm on my third one and nothing:( I'm scared I'm going to have to go to the doctor....

What brand did you use? I would also recomend Fiberwell gummies - I take 3 a day and stopped the Miralax. There is some interesting talk online about how Miralax negatively affects kidneys. I haven't seen any scientific research, so it may all be conjecture. At any rate, I preferred the Fiber remedy versus the drug remedy.

I haven't gone in three weeks. I'm a week post op and did the two week liquid diet. I'm a little scared of when I go to soft foods. I'm a fan if miralax myself. We used it with my son when he switched to cows milk and that stuff works like a champ.

Have u been taking anything? Going more than a few days is not good and 3 wks... im surprised ur not in severe pain n id b worried u wont b able to pass whatevers there :-/ please seek help