Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Sex after sleeve

Views
Started by Shanny, Feb 17, 2011 9:40 AM
19 replies to this topic
19 replies to this topic

Shanny

Guru in Training

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
  • Surgeon: Peter Liao
  • Surgery Date: Feb 2011
  • Height: 5 feet 2 inches
  • Starting Weight: 247
  • Weight Lost: 96
  • Current Weight: 151
  • Goal Weight: 145
  • BMI: 27.6
  • My Blogs
Posted February 17, 2011 - 9:40 AM

So, the first question I asked my doctor was, "When can I have sex?" Before surgery I had a pretty active, and regular sex life, and now that I'm 7 days out, I think that enough time has passed and I don't see why I shouldn't be going back to my regular life. I have some incision pain but it's mininal. I stopped taking pain meds 4 days ago. My doctor said that as long as I don't have pain, and I don't do anything that will hurt that there's no reason why I can't have sex. Granted, there will be no swinging from the chandeliers or anything, but with some creativity I think I'm ready. My girl on the other hand, thinks I'm going to break and is totally against it. She's all, it's too soon. You just had surgery last week and you're not ready. Trust me, EVERY part of me except the incision on my navel is ready! Even with a doctor's note she's not trying to hear it.

If this is a TMI question, I understand, but how long did you wait?

hugsamber

Expert Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • My Blogs
Posted February 17, 2011 - 10:02 AM

We waited a week and then was just careful. Though I do have to say that I almost passed out after getting off the bed. Either from blood rushing to other parts of my body or because lack of nutrients I'm not sure. But it was a very close call. Was much better after laying down again. Oh and I left a tshirt on cause my bf didn't really want to see my incisions and get out of the mood or worry about hurting me.

MommyTawnie

Expert Member

Posted February 17, 2011 - 10:10 AM

LoL never to much info after all we are all adults right? If you feel you are up to it and your doctor has cleared you then go for it!! Maybe try a regular position the first couple of times so you can control what pressure if any touches your stomach. If your girlfriend is freaked out with the idea of having sex with you this soon after surgery then try other things "you know what I'm talking about" It's always a good place to start and over a few days who knows she maybe begging you for it. Congrats on feeling so well just take it easy at first you don't want to hurt yourself!!

Rootman

Bariatric Hero

• Surgery Date: Dec 2010
  • Height: 6 feet 0 inches
  • Starting Weight: 375 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 170 lbs
  • Current Weight: 205 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 190 lbs
  • BMI: 27.8
Posted February 17, 2011 - 10:27 AM

Well certainly they would frown on sex in the recovery room :rolleyes:
Ba-Da-Dum-TISH!

Whenever you feel up too it. Be sure not to strain or take too much of your partners weight though.

teh ericka

Posted February 17, 2011 - 3:54 PM

Haha, this is one of the first questions I asked my doc (that, and "when can I have a margarita") I wasn't feeling up to it for about 2 weeks, mostly because I was so nauseous all the time. If you're feeling good and off your meds though, there's no reason why not!

I understand your girl being worried-- maybe have her be on top so she doesn't feel like you're putting in too much work and she has better control if she thinks you need to slow down or something.

And for the record-- once the weight starts coming off, the sex is going to get AWESOME! good luck ;)

k8bwalsh

Posted February 18, 2011 - 9:43 PM

Great question! I was wondering this myself. My doc. said no sex, but never said how long > I have a follow up this Tuesday and was going to ask. I feel fine, and my hubby sure misses it! But I was scared - our first Valentine's Day just cuddling :/ Hopefully we'll make up for after the appt!!!! ;)

Godsfavoraintfair

Expert Member

Posted February 19, 2011 - 11:15 AM

Lol! This is funny but I waited 2 wks and now that I am 3 wks post op we just take it slow! But active is what we were and active again is what I want!

PlannerGirl

Expert Member

Posted February 19, 2011 - 11:23 AM

I felt great and was ready at 6-7 days but my husband was so nervous about hurting me we waited 10 and he was extraordinarily gentle. Here it is 3 months out and much less belly later and it's awesome! Have fun!

PatrickG

Posted February 19, 2011 - 2:08 PM

From a guy's perspective, I waited about two weeks. I had to give my abdominal muscles time to heal.

SouthernSleever

Bariatric Master

• Surgery Date: Oct 2010
  • Height: 5 feet 6 inches
  • Starting Weight: 276 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 143 lbs
  • Current Weight: 133 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 150 lbs
  • BMI: 21.5
Posted February 19, 2011 - 9:01 PM

I'd wait till you left the hospital but other than that go for it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
View All Updates

Topics with No Reply