Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Ideas For Dinner

I am getting burnt out on the same things for dinner. Please give me some ideas for your lap band friendly dinner ideas!!!

what things do you like to eat?

you can whatever with the band, just in smaller amounts...

me being from the south, i eat alot of veggies and usually eat chicken or beef

sorry i cant help more

though i did have some awesome chili this past week and will be making veggie beef Soup tomorrow

Two of my favorite meals are almond crusted flounder, and turkey chilli. The almond crusted flounder I buy pre-seasoned at my local super market then I bake it. The turkey chill I make in the crock pot. Both are pretty yummy !!!

What are your 2 favorite meals?

The crock pot is a good idea. I made chili today in my crock pot for our weekly poker game tonite. Serving it with cornbread. I can eat almost anything, just in smaller quantities. The crockpot is a good idea because things don't dry out - which makes it hard to go down. I'll put a couple of chicken breasts, a can of Italian seasoned chopped tomatoes, a small can of chopped green chilis, some italian seasoning, and chili powder. Yummy. Cook it about 8 hrs and you have a yummy meal! Almost, a website called allrecipes.com is a good place to find recipes. You can type in the type of food you want (ie: low fat, low carb, low calorie). The Betty Crocker website has lately become my best friend. It has really easy, healthy recipes.< /p>

Good luck!

Marci

Emilybites.com is a good website for recipes too and she even puts the nutritional information at the bottom of her recipes, which is usually the hardest thing to find online, at least for me. Recently I found a recipe for making pizza using a portabella mushroom as the crust, you can find it on youtube and the videos I watched were bandsters, it was pretty good and went down fine, the mushroom turns out moist from the sauce. I found that I can't eat dry mushrooms too well, but this worked.

I make a big pot of everything i can and stew meat in cock pot I put so much veggies in it there isnt much broth last week also put in blak Beans thing I am payng for that one thos week lol. i love it and eat it daily. Last night had a subway meatball snadwitch didnt eat the bread and cut it in have for 220 cals it was great. i have lost 18 lbs in 7 wks so i am doing it right thank God it is working so well.

line dancer

I've been looking for a website that has a lot of band friendly recipes that take protein/carb content into consideration and I can't find one, pretty much resolved to just make one myself.

If I did would anyone be willing to put up their recipes?