Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

General Thread for us bigger folk

Your cruise goal sounds great! What a nice treat! I would love to go on one. My vacation that I want to do after I lose enough weight is take my son to Disneyland and go on rides with him. :)

i have nothing new to report on the weight front. as of this morning, and by chance as of this evening as well, I am still fat :P

i DID put down a deposit for our anniversary Cruse to the Caribbean today. it's 447 days away, so i hope that i can at least lose another 60 pounds by then....or maybe even more, but i would be totally great with 60 more pounds. that would put me at around 100 pounds lost. i am so looking forward to going on that cruise and being able to do things that have weight restrictions...that's my motivation right now. i want to parasail and ride on a zip line and of course hike and walk around without feeling like dying...i just have to lose more weight and i can do it!

what are you planning to do for yourself when you have lost enough weight?

Dawn, how are you these days???

don't be discouraged at the weight loss during the liquid phase. you are doing very well and you still have a few more days on it, so you could lose another pound or two. keep in mind that some of that weight is just Water weight and it's not all fat and also keep in mind that just after surgery, it's a time for healing. you may not lose anything at all during the first 4 weeks. just hang in there and do what you are supposed to do and the weight will eventually start to come off.

your body is about to go through some trauma and it's going to want to hold on to every fat cell it has and it will be a mental battle as you have thoughts of "what in the heck did i just do to myself ??? and why am i not losing any weight????"

just keep the big picture in mind, a month will pass by very quickly and you will start to see results.

above all else, do not get discouraged. come and post your frustration here on the boards, but do not give up.

I am doing very, very well. I still don't have a fill yet, but I am losing fairly steadily at this point so i don't really want one.

i am about to go on a quick vacation back to my hometown, so that will be the test. people will try to FEED me and i haven't told anyone about the surgery, so i don't know how i'm gonna get out of eating everything in sight like i normally do.

we'll cross that bridge when we get there i suppose. i just hope i don't go completely bonkers and gain back what i have already lost. that would be horrible.

i may get my first fill in August, depending on how much of a struggle the next couple of weeks are, but if i don't gain more than 5 pounds, i may just do without it for another month. i would rather not have a fill if i don't need one.

how you are doing?

Hey!! I'm okay.. Just struggle a little bit with some respiratory issues!! My radiologist thought he saw a mass in my lungs, but it was actually a collapsed bronchi, which is not that serious!! I was so grateful to God that there were no tumors and stuff... My weight loss doctor thinks I don't eat enough!! Which I don't.. I need to eat something every 3-4 hours.. really 2 hours.. Since I've been basically starving (not on purpose), just so busy.. I'm a teacher, doctoral student and I work as a chemist for my friend's hair care company!! Now my metabolism is virtually nil!!!

I'm trying to do better... didn't eat Breakfast any this week... but, I'm planning my meals for next week... Glad to know your are doing okay...

Oh, I met w/ a cool personal trainer who gave me great info about things I can do that won't aggravate my back and foot injuries.. Now w/ the whole collapsed lung thing, I have a new set of limitations.. BUT, I am not discouraged.. I'm looking forward to being able to exercise like I used to... I'm thinking that losing at 50 lbs will work wonders for me...

Hi All...

I'm feeling really good even thought the weight loss thing has been frustrating as hell. No loss for 3 weeks. I talked to the nutritionist and she said I am probably not eating enough. I was only eating about 800-1000 cal a day...so I am upping it to 1200-1300 to see what happens.

I also started exercising this week. I am riding a recumbent stationary bike for about 25 minutes and for the first 10 minutes I use hand weights and do a full series of arm exercises. It really gets my blood pumping and I feel great afterwards. I must say that I do "feel" a bit thinner. My clothes are a bit looser and the pain in my knee is a bit improved. I definitely have a bit more energy and feel pretty good.

I am now trying to decide if I need a fill or not. I dont have much restriction, but I am also not hungry in between meals. I am going to give it another 2 weeks and see what happens.

I hope everyone is doing well!

PS...What I plan to do for myself when I lose the weigh: I've always wanted a tattoo so when I lose weight I really want to get one.Dancing_biggrin.gif

Had my surgery! I'm 4 days post-op and today has been a hard day. I flew home from San Diego last night and I think I'm worn out from that. I had an incision done instead of it being lapro so I know my recovery time will be longer. I'm sick of Clear liquids and HATING the whole crushing pill thing. It makes me sick. I have 4 different types of regular meds I take a day and 2 of them are twice a day. PLUS I have the pain meds and an antibiotic I'm starting in a couple days. Anyone have any suggestions on getting them down with Clear Liquids? It makes me so sick. I'm so hungry today! I even thought about chewing up food and spitting it out!~ Sigh...

Hi All...

I'm feeling really good even thought the weight loss thing has been frustrating as hell. No loss for 3 weeks. I talked to the nutritionist and she said I am probably not eating enough. I was only eating about 800-1000 cal a day...so I am upping it to 1200-1300 to see what happens.

I also started exercising this week. I am riding a recumbent stationary bike for about 25 minutes and for the first 10 minutes I use hand weights and do a full series of arm exercises. It really gets my blood pumping and I feel great afterwards. I must say that I do "feel" a bit thinner. My clothes are a bit looser and the pain in my knee is a bit improved. I definitely have a bit more energy and feel pretty good.

I am now trying to decide if I need a fill or not. I dont have much restriction, but I am also not hungry in between meals. I am going to give it another 2 weeks and see what happens.

I hope everyone is doing well!

PS...What I plan to do for myself when I lose the weigh: I've always wanted a tattoo so when I lose weight I really want to get one.Dancing_biggrin.gif

Hey Redheadgirl, i hope things are going a bit better for you and that you are losing weight!

i just got back from vacation, just walked in the door actually, and thought i would pop in and say hello. i have had no internet access for 2 weeks, so i'm a bit behind.

i am happy to report that while I ate like i was on vacation, (since i was on vacation) I STILL managed to lose 5 pounds. i almost didn't believe it when i stood on the scale. I was sure i had piled on 15 pounds. i mean, i had ribs, steak, shrimp, hush puppies, bread, bread, bread, chocolate, milk shakes, bread, fried green maters, bread, etc, etc, etc.

i really ate a lot of not so awesome foods (healthwise), but i did notice that i didn't eat a lot in one sitting. i would eat until i felt satisfied and i found myself eating maybe 2 meals a day..usually Breakfast and then dinner some time later. I didn't really snack at all except for the occasional piece of chocolate or milk shake, but this is a victory for me, really it is. I don't have a fill, so i can eat just about anything, but i'm not hungry all the time. it was really nice to eat some Breakfast and then go about my day without thinking about when the next meal was going to happen.. i will go back to my sensible eating tomorrow, but i'm so glad that i allowed myself to enjoy some foods and realize that it is ok to leave stuff on my plate if i can't eat it.

i have a fill appointment in 2 weeks and i'm going to opt for no fill again. as long as i'm losing, i don't want a fill. i am probably crazy, but i feel really great.

hope you are all doing well on your journeys, keep me posted.

i know that everyones weight affects them different and sometimes in the same way

i also know we gained it the same way and we are losing it the same way. 1/4 pound a a time.

sometimes i do think geesh i have so far to go but then my want power comes to the surface

and lets me know i will get there (eventually).

anyone else feel this way besides me?

Is there a 300+ section? LOL

I have 330 lbs or so to lose in order to get down to my ideal size. My name is Lizzy and I'm in Des Moines, IA. Holla! :D

Hi I'm Berri. I'm glad that there are others in the saw situation as me. I have a little over 200 pounds to lose. I'm currently weighing 335 and I need all the support I can get. I'm happy that we can all be here for each other without being judged. It give me that much more hope that this will definitely help me be successful at my weight loss. I have my appointment tomorrow to set the date for my surgery and get my pre op diet. I'm super excited!! Other than the hiccup I had with my insurance which ultimately has led me to self pay I know this surgery will be successful.

i started out at 336 and my bmi was 61 or 62

i was banded and plicated june 6

i am so excited you are getting your date the berr. i am so happy for you. just imagine what you will look like this time next year?? that is how i keep going day to day..you seem to have a great attitude and that will def come in handy. nice to meet you.

Just found this site a couple of days ago and I'm loving it! My name is Christina and have been overweight most my life. Started gaining the weight during 5th grade (10 years old) I was always the bigger kid in class, although I don't think I was very huge. I was very active and played sports while in school. I am 29 years old, turning 30 next week, and told myself, new age bracket, new life!! I love to play softball, and my daughter, who is 9, has joined a baseball youth foundation team at my little town. I would love to go out and play with her. I coach her on some things, but I want to be out there with her, run with her without having to stop within a few minutes. I am 5'8 and weigh 301lbs. My BMI is 45.. I have been reading a lot about the band and feel I'm ready for it. I am only at the very beginning stages of the process. Going to the similar March 1st. I'm excited!

Just found this site a couple of days ago and I'm loving it! My name is Christina and have been overweight most my life. Started gaining the weight during 5th grade (10 years old) I was always the bigger kid in class, although I don't think I was very huge. I was very active and played sports while in school. I am 29 years old, turning 30 next week, and told myself, new age bracket, new life!! I love to play softball, and my daughter, who is 9, has joined a baseball youth foundation team at my little town. I would love to go out and play with her. I coach her on some things, but I want to be out there with her, run with her without having to stop within a few minutes. I am 5'8 and weigh 301lbs. My BMI is 45.. I have been reading a lot about the band and feel I'm ready for it. I am only at the very beginning stages of the process. Going to the similar March 1st. I'm excited!

wonderful news. this is a great forum to read all things about the band.

good and not soo good.

i started at 336 and my bmi was 62 and i am 5'2 (on a good day)

hard being as wide as i am tall :)

stay positive. its worth it

Thanks for your words Carolina :) I'm super excited and ready!! I went to a seminar last year and was scheduled to have the sleep apnea test done and to be checked if I have ulcers. My family, (mom, sister, and brothers) were not very supportive. This coming from almost anorexic people lol so I backed down and didn't go to the appointments. Needless to say, I'm definitely ready now, and don't care if they're going to support me or not. I have 2 very close friends, an aunt and cousin who support me completely. And with their support, I'm sure it will be enough.

Chris - seize your FREEDOM!! Family or not ... They either are with you or AGAINST you but either way only YOU can make your life all it's meant to be : ) HOPE is your best friend and this forum can provide plenty of it. I applaud your courage.

Hope in your Future is POWER in your Present!

Lee

280lbs LOST - All diseases reversed