Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the fattest one here?

also another tip while you are in this phase of the diet (not really for post banding, but for now) you should make lots of sugar free Jello. It WON'T fill you up, but it WILL give your mouth something to do if you just feel like you need to chew something and it's zero calories.

i did it for my 2 week pre-op diet and it really saved me in between shakes. the first 3 days of the pre-op diet are really the hardest, after you get into the swing of things, it will get much easier.

....and try your best to stick to a schedule. try to have the shakes and solids or broth or whatever at the same time every day...and in between, try to make a game out of drinking a certain amount of Water. for me, it was try to get 32 ounces of Water in before noon and another 32ounces between 1 and 5:00. it really gave my mind something to focus on besides food...and something to look forward to, like i have a Breakfast shake at 8am...i drink lots of water to pass the time, another shake at 11am...drink, drink, drink....broth or veggies at 12:30...drink, drink drink....shake at 3pm, drink, drink, drink.....etc....

I love the Jello and Water suggestions! I've been trying to get in Water but find that Im really just carrying around a water bottle all day not drinking much. The Jello is one thing I haven't thought of that's 0 calories. I've been trying to snack on popcorn, but its waaayy too salty and still has quite a few calories. I'm definitely gonna try the jello...

1Cor 10:31

please keep us posted on how you are doing.

So, day 4 is down and I can gladly say that it has eased up a bit. The first 2 days were hell, but 3 was a little easier and 4 has been a little bit better yet. I still fight with the constant thoughts of food and my next meal, but my stomach has quit most of the growling. I have kind of altered the meal plan a bit until I get paid and can buy better shakes, but my calories still stay within the allowed 900 calories a day. So instead of 3 shakes and 1 meal I've been doing 2 meals 1-2 shakes...My only concern is the amount of Protein I get. Its not a huge difference, but I will get in more once I can head to costco and buy the ones suggested w/ 30g of Protein. It'll put me on target. Otherwise, Im doing pretty OK. I've had a lot going on this last week: Im in the process of moving, I just had an interview for a promotion at work, and my grandma passed away a couple days ago. I think all things considered, Im steering clear of temptation pretty well. You know that saying, "When sh** hits the fan?" Well, I think Im the fan this week...And I happen to think Im coming out smelling like a rose. :) How are you guys doin'? :D

So, day 4 is down and I can gladly say that it has eased up a bit. The first 2 days were hell, but 3 was a little easier and 4 has been a little bit better yet. I still fight with the constant thoughts of food and my next meal, but my stomach has quit most of the growling. I have kind of altered the meal plan a bit until I get paid and can buy better shakes, but my calories still stay within the allowed 900 calories a day. So instead of 3 shakes and 1 meal I've been doing 2 meals 1-2 shakes...My only concern is the amount of Protein I get. Its not a huge difference, but I will get in more once I can head to costco and buy the ones suggested w/ 30g of Protein. It'll put me on target. Otherwise, Im doing pretty OK. I've had a lot going on this last week: Im in the process of moving, I just had an interview for a promotion at work, and my grandma passed away a couple days ago. I think all things considered, Im steering clear of temptation pretty well. You know that saying, "When sh** hits the fan?" Well, I think Im the fan this week...And I happen to think Im coming out smelling like a rose. :) How are you guys doin'? :D

I'm just a week post op went in for a checkup today. I drank all day long the liquids will pass through the band so you can drink all the fluids you want of course no shakes soda etc. I lost 12 pounds in a week could not believe it. Also could not believe I was able to stay on a liquid diet all week. Hardest part was watching the rest of the family eat. Most times I went in the other room. I also found it amazing I did not feel hungry. I guess that was the swelling and the protien drinks. Cheers to you. :D

So glad to see someone my exact height and weight have success and make it to goal! You did an awesome job. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your story.

Current weight 230 Goal weight 150. Surgery date May 8, 2012

Sorry posted to the wrong thread;-)

I was 321lbs (146kg) when banded 24 days ago, im already down to 297lbs! You can do it :-) xx

i was banded in 2010 with a bmi of over 50, the first year was hard, the weight dident just fall off, this year has been great , with all the support ive gotten on here, and using mfp to track my calories and protien i have lost 111 pounds, i am 7 pounds away from being under 200!!!! and 57 pounds away from my goal cannout wait, keep up the great work people, you are all inspirations to dedication and hard work!!

Hi Dibley Dawn, I see by your info on the bottom of your posts that you had a revision. What did you have, the sleeve or gastric? I have a band and had similar issues but the port did not actually turn on me, it was just that 2 doctors said it did and I just gave up. So for 3 years I just sat and did nothing. But I saw Dr. Singh in March to see about a revision to the sleeve and he asked if he could try to fill it and I said sure. Well he was able to fill it and said it had not turned. What the heck!! What were the others seeing!!! Well since March 22, 2012 I have lost 33 lbs and go for another fill this week, June 28th.

Hey there my starting weight was 420 with a BMI of 69.9 as long as you follow the pre op diet and lose what you can pre surgery and help shrink your liver there is no reason you shouldn't qualify for a band. I ended up being 397 with a BMI of 66 the day of surgery and everything went just fine and my liver had properly shrunk :)

Hi Dibley Dawn, I see by your info on the bottom of your posts that you had a revision. What did you have, the sleeve or gastric? I have a band and had similar issues but the port did not actually turn on me, it was just that 2 doctors said it did and I just gave up. So for 3 years I just sat and did nothing. But I saw Dr. Singh in March to see about a revision to the sleeve and he asked if he could try to fill it and I said sure. Well he was able to fill it and said it had not turned. What the heck!! What were the others seeing!!! Well since March 22, 2012 I have lost 33 lbs and go for another fill this week, June 28th.

I just have the band and my revision was just to flip the port back over and stitch it back in place...and recovery was much more painful for me than the original surgery. i don't ever want to go through that again.

Hi Notsosure,

I got the band 3 years ago and my BMI was 66. I also had COPD (lung disease) diabetes and high blood pressure among other things. My diseases are reversed - check out my profile.

Slow n steady wins the race ... You totally get it! The band is an execellent tool and combined with a smart program of exercise will work. If you decide to move forward let me know and I can provide you with the exercise program I developed and used and then gave to my sister when she had her surgery. It's made for people that are pushing 70 or over on BMI. She has lost 180 lbs so far - this program combined with surgery WORKS. I am not selling anything - I am looking for another 60+ BMI-er to use my program and prove its benefits.

Hope in your Future is Power in your Present!

Lee

H

My bmi wasn't as large as yours, but I wish you all the luck in the world!

{{{HUGS}}}