Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone...My name is Amanda and I am getting banded on December 2nd 2009. I am so excited and so nervous. Any advice out there? :Yawn:

Hi! I'm new from NY too - where abouts are you? I am in Long Island, and hope to get banded by Dr. Geiss in Syosset. This forum is amazing - the amount of advice and experience is invaluable!

Hey Michelle, I am getting banded By Dr. Geiss on the 2nd, so excited. His staff is AWESOME and I am glad to see there is someone so close going through the same thing :Yawn:

Amanda,

I am so excited to hear that not only are you close by but you are working with the same surgeon I hope to use! I will being going to the North Ritz Club seminar hosted by Dr. Geiss on the 8th of December - I know you will be post-op, but will you be attending? I hope we can stay in touch and become "buddies" for eachother thru this journey.

I should be attending, I went to the one last month and it was so helpful, I really enjoyed it. I met so many wonderful people and got so much info. I would love to have a "bandbuddy". I am getting so much support from my family and friends...but they honestly have no idea what its like going through this. You must keep me posted on your status, and I hope to meet you at the ritz.

I am SO thrilled that you've already gone - I am very nervous about going, but feel better that you've been there and done that. I also am getting a lot of support in my decision, but I know no one (in real life) that has gotten the band. A co-worker of mine has had GB and her results were DRAMATIC and RAPID, but that is not something I am interested in having done. I am set on the LB and if I can have a "band buddy" with you - I will be so excited! I hope all goes well on your surgery, and please keep me updated!

Good Morning Michelle! Three days and counting...ahhhhh...getting a little nervous now (but just a little). The meeting at the Ritz is awesome, nothing to be nervous about at all. I had a friend that did GP as well and that was not something I was intrested in either. Have you gone through any appointments yet? Or is the Ritz meeting your first stop?

~Amanda

I am in Syosset :confused:

This Wednesday, Dec 2nd

I think you can just hit the aim button on my profile :confused:

Amanda, I can imagine you being nervous - but don't let it get to you! I am so jealous you're getting banded so soon! I will keep you in my thoughts, no doubt, when you're going in. I know you'll do great!

I haven't been for any consult yet, which is frustrating because Dr. Geiss was booked thru Jan 12th was the earliest I could get. I'm hoping there will be a cancelation and they will call to ask if I can come in earlier. HA.

The Ritz will be my first step in this process, though maybe joining LBT was step one!

If you need anything - let me know - I work in Syosset so I could be there in a flash if my bandbuddy needed anything. Heh.

Michelle, Your are AWESOME :confused: I know your appointment is not until January but here's a idea for you. You have to see soooo many Dr's before they even schedule your surgery, maybe you can make your appointments before your consult to start rushing things along. I can help you with the Dr's Appointments. Call the office tomorrow and maybe they will give you the go ahead on that, even if you have to make your Dr's appointments after your consult at least you have them, they book up really fast and maybe you can get them days apart instead of weeks...let me know

Hi Michelle and Amanda! I just registered for the seminar at the Ritz on the 8th. I have my first consult on the 9th. Amanda, Michelle told me you will be 6 days out from your surgery!!!! That is so great. Dont be nervous because remember you are going to get to have that really good anesthesia sleep. I love it. Plus they give you a warm blanket and are so nice to you in the OR and recovery room.

I cant wait to meet you and Michelle. I am not using Dr Geiss. I am using a guy named Dr Holover and Dr Garber. I work for a doctor- Im an echo tech- so the doc I work for told me to go to this guy. ANyway I cant wait to meet both of you. Michelle, try and get the presurgical stuff done, the sleep apnea study takes the longest because you have to stay overnight and if there is something you might have to go back. That was my experience when I did it. Talk to you both before then, Good luck Amanda:thumbup:

so....today is my last day of medifast and Soup and I have a feeling I am going to be SUPER cranky tomorrow. Starting to get NERVOUS :rolleyes:, may need someone to talk me off the ledge tomorrow night

Good Luck AJnbilly: I also went for a consult at Dr. Geiss. Please give us comments on how everything went. How bad was the pre surgery diet. Is it all liquids? I went to his office and a few patients gave me info that scared me. I need some positive input. I/m sure you will give me some. I will be thinking of you on Dec. 2nd. Good Luck on your special day.