Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How soon did you return to work?

My doctor has said I should, emphasis on should take off work an entire week....

I really don't want to. I work an office job, no lifting or anything. I can get pretty comfy at my desk. How soon is too soon to return to work?

I work as a medical assistant- I took 2 weeks off. There is no way i would have felt ok going back to work with much less than that - i was uncomfortable and tired and trying to adjust to drinking my meals... take the time !! You will be happy that you did.

Even after the 2 weeks i went back to work on a tuesday and that week was long and tiring, i wasnt feeling really good until the end of the 3rd week.

My Doctor said I could take one month...so I did. It was helpful because I could focus on healing and trying to establish good habits. I am back at work and it was hard to transition but the month off really helped me prepare. Take as much time as you can and you want.

I took off for a week but wished I took more time. I made it throught my first day back but it took everything in me to make it. I was feeling like my old self on the 10 day after surgery.

I had surgery on a Friday, worked from home on Monday and back in the office Tuesday. I had no troubles or problems. I was off the pain medicine Saturday morning and just Tylenol for the rest of the weekend.

I had surgery on a Wednesday and took off the rest of that week and all of the following week I basically worked from home. I felt pretty good by the 2nd week and probably could have gone into work but I am glad I didn't. It was more comfortable to be at home and be able to rest. Take care of your body... it is an adjustment!

I had my surgery on Friday and returned to work on Monday. The first day was kind of rough, but after that I was fine.

I had surgery on a Tuesday and went back the following Monday. But I found I could not work the entire day and basically spent the next week slowly increasing my time each day until I was full time by the end of the week.

I would not rush it back and wished I had more time out to begin to incorporate my new eating habits. liquids in the office was certainly harder than liquids at home.

My doctor has said I should, emphasis on should take off work an entire week....

I really don't want to. I work an office job, no lifting or anything. I can get pretty comfy at my desk. How soon is too soon to return to work?

I had surgery on Friday and went back to work the Following Tuesday. It was hard but I did it.

I had surgery on Thursday and worked from home the following Tuesday-Friday (federal holiday that Monday). I have a desk job as well and I was able to sit up and stuff fine.. I worked from home cause I didn't want to be wearing my "work clothes" and peferred loose fitting stretchy pants, esp since my largest incision was right over my belly button where all my pants hit. Even working from home that week wore me out though. I just didn't have the time to take from work.

I plan on taking 6 weeks.

i had my surgery on monday and on thursday i was at work after a 4 hour work related road trip (someone else drove).

today is one week post-op and i am working fulltime.

i really haven't had a full day of rest since day 3 post-op.

it is what it is.

I had my surgery on a Wed. Thought I would go back on Monday but I had a problem sitting up straight for long periods of time. I went back on Tuesday but only made it to lunch time as I couldn't sit up straight for that long. But then on Tuesday I was fine. I guess I should have taken that extra day to heal. My port site was the only place giving me problems. I had been reclining the entire time I was home and did not realize how uncomfortable it was to sit up staight.

Had surgery on Tuesday - back at work on Monday. No complications or problems.

I had my surgery on a Tuesday... came home from hospital on Wednesday.. took that whole week, Monday was a holiday, my office was closed and worked from home on Tues/Wed and was back in the office on Thursday... but I feel like I could have definately gone back on that Tuesday, one week after my surgery... remember, everyone responds differently to the surgery and how fast they heal and start to feel better...