Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month Bandiversary YAY

YAY NOV is our 6 month anniversary for our lap bands. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread that everyone can post in Nov on their 6 month bandiversary. you can post how much you lost, how much more you want to loose, any ups and downs you have had, and anything else you would like to tell all your other may bandsters. I will post on the may 12. Can't wait to hear from everyone. :scared2:

I was just thinking about our 6 month anniversaries today! How time flies! WOW!

Great thread idea! I'll post again on my 6 month 'Bandiversary' on Nov. 19th. I'm fluctuating a few lbs from 'One-derland' (Halloween candy did not help :thumbup: - I'm getting it out of the house TODAY!). My short-term goal is to reach One-derland by the 6 month mark of starting my pre-op diet (May 5th - Nov. 5th). If I'm REALLY good and exercise well over the next two days, I could drop 3 lbs and be there - I'm going to give it my best!!!

Wow, 6 months already, how time flies when you are having a blast. Had a tiny fill today and the TR scale is 2lbs heavier than the one I use weekly. I am very, very happy with the weight I have lost already. :thumbup:

My 6 mo. will be the 15th. I had a 1/2 cc fill yesterday. I gained 4 lbs in 2 wks. Boo hoo. Halloween candy and other stuff didn't help. My surgeon gave me alot of food for thought yesterday. I had been eating alot of homemade Soup (good for you right). No it is not. He said it was the same thing as drinking while you are eating. Reasonable. I think that I have done well in 6 mos. Still have a long ways to go, but I will get there. I am pleased to see so many success stories for the mayo Banditos. Let's keep up the good work.

Hello,

today is actually my 6th month anverssary with the band, may 4. I lost 62 so far and got about 50 more to go. I have 7.5cc in a 14cc band. I'm am so happy with the band, wouldn't gotten this off so easy with out it!! everyone is doing great, lets keep it up!!!

Hello,

today is actually my 6th month anverssary with the band, may 4. I lost 62 so far and got about 50 more to go. I have 7.5cc in a 14cc band. I'm am so happy with the band, wouldn't gotten this off so easy with out it!! everyone is doing great, lets keep it up!!!

Happy anniversary, Sapphire! Awesome job!! :drool:

thanks!!!:drool:

Today is my 6th month Bandiversary I've lost 43 lbs and 35 inches!

Whoaaa, naynay, 35 inches??? That is amazing! And the 43 lbs is awesome! Happy anniversary! :drool:

Thanks Ann, I wish I was doing as well as you but I'll take a loss anytime. Had to have a slight unfill so I'm hoping I can get back on track.

Thanks again:)

Thanks Ann, I wish I was doing as well as you but I'll take a loss anytime. Had to have a slight unfill so I'm hoping I can get back on track.

Thanks again:)

Don't worry, you'll get back on track! I had an unfill after a bad stuck episode, and I only lost one pound in 4 weeks. That was disappointing. But now that I've gotten re-filled, I'm back on track again. The same will happen for you! :drool::scared2:

Before surgery 229, and as of today I am down 43 lbs. 186

Ist week after surgery... down 13 lbs

First Fill 7/2 2.5 cc's no restriction 2 lbs down

Second Fill 8/3 2.5 cc's no restriction 2 lbs down

Third Fill 8/31 1.5 cc's finally fill like I have restriction

I have not had a fill since, I went in for a check up and decided not to get a fill because things would get stuck every now and then and I didn't want to temp fate and get to tight. I lost my first 10 lbs that month with my 3rd fill.

I was going to go in for a fill last week but was sick so i rescheduled my appointment, they wanted to schedule it for 2 days before thanksgiving but I decided that I would wait another week and do it after Thanksgiving. I still can't over eat so I think I will be fine. I am down 22 lbs since my last fill at the end of August. I feel like that is when my real journey began, and keep reminding myself that.

Some people had restriction right after surgery and then others like me it took awhile to get there so try to remember that when comparing your self to others...that is what keeps me from getting to down at my 6 month bandiversary.

Here are some other stats

Bust went from 46.5 to 43"

Waist 42.75 to 39"

Hips 51.25 to 47

Thighs 49.5 to 46

Bicep 14 to 13.24

I was in a size 20/22 and am now wearing a size 16

This is the smallest I have been in 12 years and I feel great.

Edited by hallelujah.girl

Wow, Tammy, that's fantastic!!! :cursing: Your stats are awesome!:) And you are so right, for some people, things don't really start rolling until you finally get some restriction.

My 6-month anniversary is tomorrow (the 7th), and as of today, I've lost 80 lbs. I'm really happy with that! I haven't taken my measurements since I was at the 50-lb. mark, so I'll have to do that this weekend.

Happy anniversary to us all! :redface:

So today's my "big" day, and I took my measurements for the first time since 50 lbs. lost, and I have lost a total of 35.75 inches! I cannot -- cannot -- believe it.

I love the band --- and the lifestyle changes I've made! :)