Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month Bandiversary YAY

Ann that is so awesome!!! You are doing such a fabulous job and are an inspiration to us all!

Aw, thanks, Tammy! :)

Yay today is my bandiversary. As of this morning i am down 61lbs.

Started 285 My scale

Today 224 My scale

I have went from a size 22 to a size 16. What a ride i hope the next 6 months is just as good. I want to loose another 59lbs so my goal is 160lbs. I have had some ups and down. Head hunger being the hardest i would get full on so little that i would get mad that i couldn't just have one more bite overeating is a very hard habit to break. But i have gotten past that i now enjoying everything i used to but just in smaller sizes( i am still enjoying life). My biggest fear is that i will gain this weight back and this won't last. But i keeping telling my self i now have this tool and i can keep it off.

Congratulations, reneek, and happy anniversary!!! :drool: You have done such an awesome job!! I also struggle with the head hunger -- more so lately -- and I also have my doubts because I've never been able to keep any weight loss off. But, together, I think as a group we can support each other through this journey and get through the tough times! :thumbup:

Wednesday was my 6 month bandaversary..........One of the best decisions of my life. This has been truly a life changing experience.

Since I started this journey, I lost 114 lbs and am at goal. Went from 48 pants, XXL - XXXL shirts to 36 pants & large shirts. It is truly a new me......

I feel fortunate to have my immediate family as well as my extended family ( mayo Banditos ) to help me through this process and to share all of the ups and downs that go along with this decision. Only fellow Banditos can relate to WLS and what this journey is really all about.

To my family and Mayo banditos............THANK YOU......

I am SO inspired by all of you!!! What an amazing group of people we have!

Reneek - I can relate to everything you wrote. Congratulation on your successes! :woot:

Ann - You are such an inspiration to this group and should be so very proud of your amazing accomplishments - massive inches and pounds lost and a new zest for life - you go, Girl! :)

John - our 'Mayo Banditos Biggest Loser' - truly a phenominal accomplishment in such a short time! Lead us into the maintenance phase, my friend! :)

I will post on my 6-month 'Bandiversary' next week (11/19) - but a little sneak-peak - I'm in ONE-derland!!!!!:wink:

HOORAY, John! HOORAY, Mamadot!!! :):biggrin::)

And thanks for the encouragement, everyone! It's true, we do have a great group here!!!!

My six month anniversary was yesterday and I have to say that, upon reflection, it really was the best choice I ever made. I'm so much healthier, happier, I can look in the mirror without feeling disgusted, I'm on the verge of entering One-derland (hopefully before Christmas!) and... look at me, getting all teary!

I'm down almost 54 lbs (since being banded anyway, before starting the pre-op diet I was 290!) and have 80 to go till my dream weight. Thank you Dr. Lee and the Bariatric Center of Columbus. You saved my life. And thank you to everyone on this board. You're all so wonderfully upbeat and positive. Just what I need as I enter month number 7!

Congratulations, Erin Marie!! :wink2: Here's to continued success! :tongue2:

Not only is November our 6 month bandiversary.. TODAY is my 6 month bandiversary.. I was banded on May 19th... a Tuesday.. LOL I go tomorrow for my 4th fill. I will post tomorrow evening my total weight loss. I am so glad I did this and I love my band!!

My 6 month is tomorrow. I can't believe it's been half a year already and I'm down 73 pounds! I never thought my year would turn out like this. It's been super exciting. And it's been great sharing it all with all of you!

Today is my 6 month 'Bandiversary' and I am absolutely thrilled with this whole process!!! Best decision I've made for my own well-being. I'm down 63 lbs and I'm in 'Onederland' - unbelievable to me, as I've been over 200lbs for most of my adult life! I started in a size 24, and just fit into a size 14. I even received a precious bandiversary 'gift' this morning while I was getting my two young boys ready for school. My 6-year-old came up to me and threw his arms around me and said 'Mommy, you're getting REALLY skinny' with a big smile, and my 7-year-old replied 'You surely are!'. They didn't even know today was a special day to me in my weight loss journey. My Husband has been so complimentary and supportive. He and my boys have a 'Boys Night' on Wednesday nights while I attend support group meetings. I'm taking the time to take care of myself for the first time in my life and I feel SO GOOD!!! My challenge over the next 6 months is to establish a maintainable exercise routine, including resistance training to tighten whatever I can :confused:

Congratulations on all of your successes, and a sincere thank-you to this group as you have been inspiration and support for me and a big part of my success!!!!!:scared2:

Edited by Mamadot

Congratulations, untfluter, carriemc, and Mamadot! You have all done so well! :confused: Keep up the great work!! :scared2: