Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

CONFESSION-

My newest guilty pleasure is online "window shopping" for the clothes I will be buying when I start to lose. I know this is jumping the gun, but it is super exciting to think that 2010 will be the year I can finally wear that silky sexy backless dress from Victoria's Secret. Anyone else have a guilty pleasure they want to confess?? Vacation to plan, Sport to play, Swimsuit to wear, guy/girl to ask out, anyone else?? I'd love to hear it! :)

Lol--mine is dual--we take a family cruise every October, so I am planning it and window shopping!:)

Also answering the CPAP question... I was so opposed to the idea of going on a CPAP machine that I tried everything I could, including a dental apparatus. But nothing worked. The machine was my last shot at sleeping well, so I forced myself to try it.

The first week for me was horrible. I couldn't sleep, I would take it off in the middle of the night and I would cry in frustration. But as if by magic, one night I slept and it was the absolute best night of sleep I had ever had. From that moment on, I have LOVED my CPAP. It is ugly and a tad embarrassing which is why I would love to lose weight and not need it. But it amazed me what energy I had after using it.

Just catching up on fellow January Bandsters.

In response to question on CPAP, I have had to use one for several years now. I hated the idea at first, and even told my physician I did not want to use it. He pointed out the heart damage it can cause and convinced me to try it. After starting to use it I was shocked at how much better I slept. I remember the first night I slept so good I don't think I moved all night. Since then I can't sleep without it. I feel like I can't breathe. I have to admit, it is about the ugliest thing anyone ever created. Too bad they can't make make a CPAP mask look so silly.

I am trying to find liquid diet that does not taste so bad. I have tried the Muscle Milk and it has an awful aftertaste. My surgeon requires they have at 20 grams of Protein but less than 200 calories which rules out instant Breakfast or SlimFast shakes. I would appreciate any recommendations anyone has.

This morning I tried one scoop of PURE Unflavored Protein in Crystal Light and it is pretty tasty...if you like crystal light. i couldn't even taste that I was drinking protein. I ordered it from Baratriceating.com two scoops has 24 grams of protein and 100 calories. (becareful if you are adding to hot liquid...you have to dissolve first in cold or it clumps and is disgusting)

Hi! New member, I hope to also be banded in Jan. 2010! Your info caught my eye. I work in Wilson. Would love to chat??

Hi! I am from NC and I'm hoping to also be banded in January 2010. I have my consultation on 12/30!! Wanted to wish everyone good luck on their Journey!!:)

Btw....I am NOT telling most family and friends. My hubby and 11y/o know and my mother (since I will need a sitter for my 2y/o) I don't want to feel like I am under a microscope to lose weight and they are just waiting for me to fail, again:bored:.

Hey

I am not telling most of my family either. I have a sister in law who told the family one day her doctor told her she was "fat" cause she was up to 110. My surgery is 1/4 and I am new here. I start my pre op diet 12/20. :) No pigging out over the holidays for me.

I will be band January 14, 2009. My Doctor is Dr. Mumford in Mississauga, Ontario - Canada.

I am scare but excited at the same time - cannot wait to start my journey.

Hi Lynnt16,

I am being banded by Dr. Cobourn - Jan 13 at SWLC Mississauga too!!

I am happy with my decision - and like you a little scared!

Good luck!

We're getting closer!! Everyone getting excited?

I have a 10 day liquid diet that will start on January 3. Anyone else have that requirement? I'm tickled that I am not required on a CLEAR liquid diet, the regular liquid is bad enough. I've decided that I'm going to think of it as a per meal kind of thing instead of the whole 10 day thing. I figure if I break it down, it's a more attainable goal.

Whoo-Hoo! This is so very exciting!

This is exciting - true - but as it gets closer - it is beginning to get me a little scared! So much so - that I want it done now!!

I am on a 2 week Meditrim (supplement) diet starting Dec 30. I can tell you - New Year's eve will NOT be easy! But well - what is one new year's eve in comparison to a healthy lie ahead??

Hi, I will be banded on Jan 12th.

I will keep you posted :)

Arthukd & Anul - Sounds like we have the same struggles. Drink a little too much and get the munchies at night. And I'm getting banded the same weekend as you. Can't wait to see how well we do together. What are your stats again? Start & goal weight?? I'm 230/130. You?

Hey mandyfsc,

I hear you! But together - we will get there!

My start and goal weight is 285/150! I have to get rid of equivalent to whole person of weight!

Going for my lap band seminar 1.04.2010! I'm excited:thumbup: Hey, can anybody tell me what happens from there. Is there a list of procedures I have to go thru first?:)

Pre-op tests done y'day! One step closer to the BIG day!!

Yoo - hoo!

Hmmm. How long does it take to get to the actual procedure?:)

Hello fellow jauary bandsters.... Does anyone have Facebook if I sounch like a leech I am sorry I am just soo nervous toda I had my first teach as far as foods meds pre and post op diet and now I am even more terrified. I am seriously freakin out wondering if i got what it takes??? has anyone went through this yet?

Thanks JN816 and Lose It! for the info on the c-pap. I'm going to try really hard to adjust to it and I know that if I'm able to sleep better I probably will feel better and have more energy....that can't be bad right? lol! Thanks for you imput...apprecitate it! Christy