Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast ideas that don't involve EGGS!

I am sensitive to eggs (they make me throw up), so I am really having trouble coming up with Breakfast food other than a Protein Shake. I don't eat yogurt or mayo either. Does anyone have some suggestions about what I can eat?

I eat 1/2 serving of regular oatmeal with several scoops of soy Protein Powder and several of Benefiber (and some extra Water to adjust it) thrown in. You can add SF Syrup, sugar substitute, cinnamon or nutmeg, SF preserves, or fruit on top. It's high Fiber and high Protein. I have this almost every day.

That sounds very yummy! Does oatmeal have a lot of carbs? Do you only do meat and veggies the rest of the day?

That sounds very yummy! Does oatmeal have a lot of carbs? Do you only do meat and veggies the rest of the day?

You can get oatmeal that has low carbs. I believe quakers weight contol is one them. I also eat cottage cheese with fruit in it. You could also try a Protein shake and a piece of fruit. I do apples with Peanut Butter on them, things that are simple but still have Protein. Good luck to you.

I'm an oatmeal girl also, I can't eat much first thing in the morning so I do the Protein Drink first wait about an hour then the weight control oatmeal, I like the cinnamon, also greek yogart(doesn't taste like reg yogart) Has more Protein in it then reg. yogart. Mix a little sf strawberry or blackberry perserves in it. 15 grams of protein not a bad start to your morning. It's also good as a sour cream subsatute. Have you tried a Protein Bar?

I don't like "regular" yogurt but I LOVE Greek yogurt with honey. Another poster on this site suggested it to me. I was very leary because I really, really don't like yogurt but she promised me it was different. I tried a version that was vanilla flavored and that went right in the trash, LOL. But the honey was fantastic. I buy Greek Gods Greek Yogurt with Honey at Kroger. But Fage and Chobani are two other brands and I think Walmart carries one or both of those.

Grits. yeah, I'm a Southern girl alright! I cook them in the microwave, add a little Promise "margarine" and a little bit of shredded low fat cheese and really enjoy that.

You can get oatmeal that has low carbs. I believe quakers weight contol is one them.

Actually, the Quaker Weight Control Oatmeals have more carbs in them than regular Old Fashioned Oatmeal; it also has more calories, but it has a few more grams of Protein and fiber (you have to be so careful with all the WL food items these days LOL).

With the 1/2 serving of the Old Fashioned Oats it's 13.5g of carbs and 2 of those are fiber (of course before I add all the Protein and extra fiber). Really good for you and I'm never hungry before lunch. Had it this morning with a little SF Maple Syrup on top...yummm. Eating this helped my cholesterol come down even before I started losing with the LB.

Oh, I should add it's over 20g of protein once I add everything...

Edited by Band_Groupie

I make muffins (blueberry, banana...) and freeze them. I grab one each day or days that the thought of Cereal (cold or hot) isn't high on my list. There's a great muffin recipe on splenda's website. I've made them repeatedly and the family doesn't realize that there's no sugar.

I find a muffin w/ an apple, banana or slice of melon is a great change.

These are GREAT ideas! I am so excited to try some of the suggestions. LOL, I can't believe I didn't think of cheese grits. I'll bet some plain Protein powder wouldn't even be noticed in grits, considering I used to make them with milk. I had a stick of string cheese for breakfast this morning, but I think I will need to supplement that with something in the future, because it didn't stick around very long.

What kind of Protein Bars are good? I am always worried about the sugar in those things. I looked at some in Walgreens one day and they had like 300 calories! Maybe I'm just not looking at the right ones.

I wonder if there's a way to make high Protein muffins? I'm going to do some research on this one. I love to bake.

I make a pot of the steel cut oats and freeze in the one cup Glad portion containers. That way, I just have to defrost in the mircorwave and not cooking it on a daily basis. Always at my fingertips. I do as poster said above. SF maple Syrup, raisins, 1/2 banana, mix a Tbls of Peanut Butter in it. I also eat Fiber One and Kashi cereals. They have Protein, plus I get my fiber. Pure Protein Bars and Myoplex Lite bars are great also. Turkey sausages with a little salsa to give them a kick, cottage cheese topped with mango salsa or fresh fruit.

Kashi makes a high Protein Cereal as well. It's pretty tasty and it keeps my appetite in check all morning. I like the Quaker weight control oatmeal. It's nice to have something instant when you're in a hurry. In the winter I also like cream of wheat. It's high in Iron, which all women need, and if you add a scoop of protein powder to it, it's perfect. comfort food for me.....

Mmm...it's getting cooler outside, and hot cereal would hit the spot. I looked up the Kashi Truly vanilla, and it has 9g of protein! With a little Protein powder, that could really get me going in the morning! It also has 7g of Fiber, making the net carbs 18g. Not too bad.

I am going to look for some turkey sausage this weekend, and a vegetarian friend told me about Morningstar Farms meatless sausage patties. One pattie has 10g Protein and only 80 calories/3g fat. Hopefully they aren't gross, but I will try them and let you know.

Thanks again for all the ideas! I have a big shopping list for this weekend.

I don't like "regular" yogurt but I LOVE Greek yogurt with honey. Another poster on this site suggested it to me. I was very leary because I really, really don't like yogurt but she promised me it was different. I tried a version that was vanilla flavored and that went right in the trash, LOL. But the honey was fantastic. I buy Greek Gods Greek Yogurt with Honey at Kroger. But Fage and Chobani are two other brands and I think Walmart carries one or both of those.

Grits. yeah, I'm a Southern girl alright! I cook them in the microwave, add a little Promise "margarine" and a little bit of shredded low fat cheese and really enjoy that.

I too really like the Greek Yogurt..I use the Chobani brand... I really like the Peach one the best... I buy it at my grocery store, but I have never seen it at my Walmart.... you say you don't like yogurt, try the Greek Yogurt, it is thicker then the regular yogurt, so you might find that you like it.

These are GREAT ideas! I am so excited to try some of the suggestions. LOL, I can't believe I didn't think of cheese grits. I'll bet some plain Protein powder wouldn't even be noticed in grits, considering I used to make them with milk. I had a stick of string cheese for Breakfast this morning, but I think I will need to supplement that with something in the future, because it didn't stick around very long.

What kind of Protein Bars are good? I am always worried about the sugar in those things. I looked at some in Walgreens one day and they had like 300 calories! Maybe I'm just not looking at the right ones.

I wonder if there's a way to make high Protein muffins? I'm going to do some research on this one. I love to bake.

I use the Pure Protein brand of both Protein shake powder and bars. It only has 200 calories (meal replacement) and it has 20g of protein and only 2g of sugar....

Mmm...it's getting cooler outside, and hot cereal would hit the spot. I looked up the Kashi Truly Vanilla, and it has 9g of protein! With a little Protein powder, that could really get me going in the morning! It also has 7g of fiber, making the net carbs 18g. Not too bad.

I am going to look for some turkey sausage this weekend, and a vegetarian friend told me about Morningstar Farms meatless sausage patties. One pattie has 10g Protein and only 80 calories/3g fat. Hopefully they aren't gross, but I will try them and let you know.

Thanks again for all the ideas! I have a big shopping list for this weekend.

The Morningstar sausage patties are good... the "bacon"? not so much... LOL for lunch/dinner, their "chicken" patties are good and so are the Veggie Patties... I get the veggie patties at BJ's... I get like 16 of them for $11. A piece of fat free cheese and some mustard and I'm ready to go... both are high in soy protein... which is great for women....