Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering if I should NOT get a fill tomorrow--need advice...

Of course I will talk to my dr about it tomorrow. I am at 4 weeks today. I get full really easily. Today, at lunch, was my frist day to eat at a restaurant and to eat a semi normal meal instead of Soup. I got red snapper, mashed potatoes and green Beans. I ate maybe a corner off of the fish, most of my mashed potatoes a(it was a small portion) and a couple of green Beans. I ate a bite of creme brulee. I am so stuffed I can hardly move. Before surgery, I would have eaten the whole thing, plus ordered a salad, plus had a whole creme brulee.

I am wondering if I should wait for my fill? It seems the band is working the way it is supposed to...I have not had anything get stuck except for some tuna fish a week ago.

I am 9 or 10 weeks out. I get fully very easy. I am too broke at this time to get a fill but one normal meal will nearly last me the whole day and that's a mean I still can't finish. I did around the 6 week mark hit a short period where I was hungry all the time but it's gone. I am scared of getting a fill b/c I don't want to PB.

Let us know what your doctor says tomorrow and Good Luck!

If you are getting full that easily, I would wait. This is strictly personal opinion here. Some people are lucky and never need a fill. It may be that it's just not your time to need one yet. Make sure you use good choices while this is going on and you will loose weight. I stayed pretty loose for a long time. I hadn't had an appointment for a year and was getting hungry at about 2.5 hours so I went in for a fill. It took 4 trips which cost me 4 days of sick leave to fix it. I got too tight and had one (the only one ever) PB incident and that was one too many. Now I'm finally back to where I was when I was at a good spot.

I would go to the appointment , see the Dr and follow his/her advice. You may have been prefilled at surgery. You may need a small fill or you may be fine as you are.

I have read of others that felt like you do, didn't get the fill and a week later were starving as the post op swelling had all gone down.

So the best is making a decision in conjunction with your Dr.

I would say Wait!

You can always reschedule and get a fill later if necessary. It sounds like you are doing very well. Eating "normal" food without any stuck, PB or sliming episodes. You are not eating a lot, and are losing at a regular pace.

Don't do what I do and rush to get a fill, because that is what you're "supposed" to do. I kept getting fills even though I felt comfortable where I was. I had a terrible time fighting food, and had to have a complete unfill followed by a small fill.

I am at 2cc in a 10cc band and it is DEFINITELY my sweet spot! It took me an overfill, unfill and refill to get to the place where I felt comfortable from the very beginning. Wait, you will know when you definitely need one!

My dr. says if things are working don't mess around with them. I lost 12 pounds the first month after my first fill which took place a month after the surgery, so I did not have a 2nd fill that month. I went back last week and while I was down another 6 I could feel that I was getting hungry quicker. So she said she was comfortable whatever choice I made. We decided to do a small fill and now I must really be careful. During the last few days I have eaten some of the things I was eating during the last month and have had some uncomfortable moments. I don't think I need an unfill but I have much more restriction. I look at it this way; each time that the band is filled I have to re-learn what i can eat. Within the next week i should be ok and comfortable with the new feeling. But the chances of PB'ing are pretty good until i learn what my body can now handle.

Of course I will talk to my dr about it tomorrow. I am at 4 weeks today. I get full really easily. Today, at lunch, was my frist day to eat at a restaurant and to eat a semi normal meal instead of Soup. I got red snapper, mashed potatoes and green Beans. I ate maybe a corner off of the fish, most of my mashed potatoes a(it was a small portion) and a couple of green Beans. I ate a bite of creme brulee. I am so stuffed I can hardly move. Before surgery, I would have eaten the whole thing, plus ordered a salad, plus had a whole creme brulee.

I am wondering if I should wait for my fill? It seems the band is working the way it is supposed to...I have not had anything get stuck except for some tuna fish a week ago.

Don't ruin a good thing!!

Yep...like everyone else said, if you're losing and you're not hungry all of the time - wait on the fill.

Remember to eat your Protein first and then the carbs. xo

I to would wait. I was banded 7months ago and only had one fill. Every time I go to the dr I have been losing weight so he lets it up to me if I want a fill or not. I also think if everything is working let it alone. My dr is always happy with my progress and says I'm losing at a good rate. 1-2lbs a week

I had a prefill during surgery - I'm about 2 weeks post-op and I won't be getting a fill at my next appointment - I'm eating small enough portions and feeling full and at this point, getting a fill would restrict me too much - I didn't get the band to starve and have deficiencies, I got it to limit my intake of food healthily, which is what is is doing currently.

Did you get the fill? Inquiring minds want to know :scared2:

I just got 1 fill and i am sooooooooooooo sick. I dont what causes it. I dont wanna sound like a whiner to my dr, because after 5 days or so, i;m cool. But i wonder why it takes so long when i know people that are back to work and fine immediately after.

No, I did not. He said he suspected that in a week or two I will change my mind and need a fill, but if I didn't need one right now, then that is great--he also said that the x-ray machine wasn't working right, so it would be good not to get one that day anyway. Now today, I am starving and I should not be ready for lunch yet.