Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*new* boss support group in lincolnshire uk

Hi all. I had my op at Derby hospital on Dec 16th 2005 and have since lost 13 stone. I have been on a support group training course with BOSPA and with the support of Derby City Hospital am starting a support group for us Lincolnshire peeps! It starts on Sunday 1st November and is at Louth county Hospital at Thoresby Suite - 2pm - 4pm. EVERYONE welcome - friends, family, pre and post op patients. All the GPS in Lincolnshire (72) have been written to and had a poster so they should also have the information. Derby are also passing on my info. I presently "buddy" a large no of people and even though I am no expert and I still too am fighting my demons, have been and talked at Support Group at Derby a couple of times. I have had an abdominoplasty and just been put forward for my legs to be done too. I hope to have lots of pre, post bandees and family to come on 1st - please - come and meet new friends and family for help and giggles!!! NO scales I promise X:rolleyes2:

Hi all. I had my op at Derby hospital on Dec 16th 2005 and have since lost 13 stone. I have been on a support group training course with BOSPA and with the support of Derby City Hospital am starting a support group for us Lincolnshire peeps! It starts on Sunday 1st November and is at Louth county Hospital at Thoresby Suite - 2pm - 4pm. EVERYONE welcome - friends, family, pre and post op patients. All the GPS in Lincolnshire (72) have been written to and had a poster so they should also have the information. Derby are also passing on my info. I presently "buddy" a large no of people and even though I am no expert and I still too am fighting my demons, have been and talked at Support Group at Derby a couple of times. I have had an abdominoplasty and just been put forward for my legs to be done too. I hope to have lots of pre, post bandees and family to come on 1st - please - come and meet new friends and family for help and giggles!!! NO scales I promise X:rolleyes2:

Hiya just joined this site and am looking for local lapband buddies for support, am due to have my band fitted in Jan 2010 with Surgi care - anybody no anything about them.

Hiya just joined this site and am looking for local LAP-BAND® buddies for support, am due to have my band fitted in Jan 2010 with Surgi care - anybody no anything about them.

Hi Helen

Where are you based? You are more than welcome to speak to me on my email - crg02@tiscali.co.uk. I am 4 years post op and our support group is in Louth, Lincolnshire. Dont know anything about Surgicare - will see if I can find out anything! x

Hi

I am based in Donington, about 10 miles from Boston. Am interested to know about how you feel and cope after having the op done i.e day 1 after and what to expect?

Helen

Hi

I am based in Donington, about 10 miles from Boston. Am interested to know about how you feel and cope after having the op done i.e day 1 after and what to expect?

Helen

Hi Helen. There is so much to talk to you about! I had my op at Derby hospital. I was in a day 1/2 and was eating a muiller yogurt the next morning. Pain wasnt bad - uncomfortable more than anything and a bit tired - which you are for a couple of weeks after. Minimal bruising. Fluid for 6 weeks - 4 weeks of what you can get up a straw and then baby type food for 2 weeks, slowly moving to solids. 4 years later it is no means easy, but my god, so worth it!!! Please try and come to group. We have private, nhs bypass and band patients there. I have a band and lots of information to give you and will give you the opportunity to meet other pre op and post op people to give you advise and a "shoulder" of support. Next meeting Sunday 10th Jan. We have patients from all over lincolnshire, from Hull to Newark to Skeg to Spalding. Would be lovely to meet you. :rolleyes2:x

Hello Clair

I have had it done!! YEAH It is still painfull, and am struggling to sleep properly, is this normal (day 4 post op) I have only been having tea, milk, yogurts and oxo cubes, same as the pre op diet really. I am at the point were I don't know if I am hungary or not, I can't seem to be able to identify if what I am drinking is causing pain in the top of my tummy or what?

Is the group on this Sunday? Hopefully I will be able to drive.

Look forward to hearing from you.

:(

Helen

Yeah, well done!

You will find you will be uncomfortable for quite a while - remember it was major surgery you have had done! You will feel pretty tired too for a while so dont do too much. Would love to see you Sunday but only come if you feel up to it.... is there anyone who could come or bring you?

Remember to stop feeling fed up try alternating your flavours and dont start back on solids UNTIL you should as it could have an effect further on and if your body is used to having less now it will help in the long rung.

Call me on 07984 824 254 if you want a chat - am happy to - better in evenings than day time but hope to see you Sunday. You will also have some trapped wind - from the amount of food you are eating and from op - you may also have pain in your shoulders which is a symptom of the drugs..... drink lots - Water, flavoured Water etc. Try the skimmed milk coffees to help fill you up and get low fat Soups - very thin but thats what you need.

Hope this is a little helpful - keep me informed - try my email as pick up more often - crg02@tiscali.co.uk

take care, love claire :thumbup:

Hi Helen

Where are you based? You are more than welcome to speak to me on my email - crg02@tiscali.co.uk. I am 4 years post op and our support group is in Louth, Lincolnshire. Dont know anything about Surgicare - will see if I can find out anything! x

Hello ladies, nice to know we have something local , I am in Grimsby and I am having my band fitted on 9th March, can't wait. Would love to know how you got on the week you had yours so atleast I know what to expect. :thumbup: Take care . Paul

Hi Paul

Nice to hear from you, I am glad you have made the decision to go for it!!

Well I am 8 days post op, the 1st week was very easy food wise but the rest was not good really. I was very very tired, no energy and completely no appetite (which is a first). I had really trouble sleeping in bed becaue I could not and still can not sleep on my side, and the problem with trapped wind is awfull, but all that aside I am still glad that I have had it done.

Yesterday I started to eat purreed food, so I tried banana and strawberries with a muller light, then I purreed a can of heinz Soup, and for dinner I purreed potatoes then minced beef with onion and peas it was not too bad. Today all I have had is milk and tea, just can't be bothered to eat.

So far I have lost 16lbs in just over 2 weeks, I am really pleased with this.

Where are you having you op done? and with which company? or are you on the NHS?

As you have probably gathered there is a local support group that meets in Louth on the 1st Sunday of the month which I did not manage to get to as I am still not driving, Louth is about 45 miles from me, hopefully next month I will get there.

If you want to ask anything feel free.

Look forward hearing from you. Helen :)

HI Claire and everyone!

Im having my lapband taken out and replaced at Derby Royal on Wednesday. I had the original fitted by My Leeder about 5 years ago. It wasnt a success and I all but gave up. About 6 months ago I contacted the hospital and they agreed to see me and it was found that my band had a leak and was offered a replacement. I have also had severe pain these last few months ( I believe its has a recurring port infection). I havent mentioned this to the hospital as i am afraid they wont replace it. Mr Leeder gave me info about your support group (IM in Boston) and I wish I had of had the motivation to turn up. Im one of lifes copers (even when Im not!!!) However there are a million questions I have and would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. I really do want to do it right this time. Everything about my life is soon to change, new job, new area, new house etc I would really like a new bod and new me to go with it.....

Thanks

Diane

HI Claire and everyone!

Im having my lapband taken out and replaced at Derby Royal on Wednesday. I had the original fitted by My Leeder about 5 years ago. It wasnt a success and I all but gave up. About 6 months ago I contacted the hospital and they agreed to see me and it was found that my band had a leak and was offered a replacement. I have also had severe pain these last few months ( I believe its has a recurring port infection). I havent mentioned this to the hospital as i am afraid they wont replace it. Mr Leeder gave me info about your support group (IM in Boston) and I wish I had of had the motivation to turn up. Im one of lifes copers (even when Im not!!!) However there are a million questions I have and would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. I really do want to do it right this time. Everything about my life is soon to change, new job, new area, new house etc I would really like a new bod and new me to go with it.....

Thanks

Diane

Hi Diane

Wow! What a lot to take on board - dont rush! Take your time........ You have been on one hell of a journey and now it is about to really start! Really pleased things are starting to move forward for you. It would be great if you could come over... everyone is in the same position as yourself - and you would learn so much and sounds like you have so much to share. You dont need a new you honey, you are a wonderful person, but life will change and it is time to move forward with it! My number is 07984 824 254. Call me - next meeting 11th September at Louth County Hospital, Thoresby Suite. Everyone is in the same boat as you and I promise you would be made more than welcome. Much love x claire x

Hi Diane

Wow! What a lot to take on board - dont rush! Take your time........ You have been on one hell of a journey and now it is about to really start! Really pleased things are starting to move forward for you. It would be great if you could come over... everyone is in the same position as yourself - and you would learn so much and sounds like you have so much to share. You dont need a new you honey, you are a wonderful person, but life will change and it is time to move forward with it! My number is 07984 824 254. Call me - next meeting 11th September at Louth County Hospital, Thoresby Suite. Everyone is in the same boat as you and I promise you would be made more than welcome. Much love x claire x

Hi Claire,

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I would love to come to the September meeting, but dont think I will still be in the area then. Would it be ok to phone you if I need to when I get out of hospital? I have been reading on the internet different takes on the post op diet, some state a clear liquid diet for a week and then going onto other liquids for another week before moving onto puree, and others state a liquid diet for a month. Im so scared of doing the wrong thing, I dont want my band to slip or anything. Im sure it did last time because I could very soon eat a normal sized meal although when I went back for fills I was assured the band hadnt moved. I didnt understand why I could eat the way I could and wasnt given an explanation. Ive been overweight all my life and I think that if it doesnt work this time, then Ive lost the battle. Im worried also that as I havent stuck to the pre op diet (Ive had celebration after celebration over the last few weeks) that my liver wont have shrunk and my op will be cancelled. If sticking to a rigid diet was so easy for us then we wouldnt be needing such a drastic operation would we. But I dont suppose Mr Leeder will see it this way!!!!

Anyway thanks again for your reply. Its good to know that there are others who know how I feel. I often feel so alone.

Diane