Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I used to be fanatical about taking my Vitamins prior to my surgery. I just popped them and swallowed and was done with it. Now I have to gag down these chewable vitamins. I have tried all kinds of flavors and they all are disgusting. Are there any good ones that you all have found? Are there any ones that come in pill form that are small enough for me to swallow? Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

I take the Centrum chewable. At First they tasted pretty bad to me, but now that I am on my second bottle I'm used to them and they aren't bad at all.

I also use the Centrum silver chewables and find them to be pretty good. I also use a chewable Fiber and find that it is more grainy.

Perhaps you can grind the Vitamin up in a shake?

I am taking a multi liquid. I purchased it at GNC. it's cherry flavored. It's like having a shot of taquilia! Just shoot it!:biggrin:

Viactiv also has a chocolate Multivitamin chew. It's what I take daily. It does have 20 calories in it, and each Viactiv Calcium chew also has 20 calories, so that's 60 extra calories a day for me, but I can't stand any other kind of Vitamin, so I just figure it in on my food log for the day. I think you'll like them, they do not taste like Vitamins at all to me.

costco has Gummy bear Vitamins that taste just like regular gummy bears. They also have fish oil chewy-fish/stars that taste "ok".. I am going to get the calcium chews also after tasting a sample.

I bought some liquid vitamins and they really gagged me.. I spent over $100 on those things. ughhh!! The worst is the b-vitamins I bought at Vitamin Shoppe. OH MY GOD.. it is the worst tasting thing I have EVER had, seriously.... it is almost like it is poison or something. I can take most things, but the b-vitamins I couldn't deal with.

At my support group meeting some ladies said that the Bariatric Advantage berry flavored Vitamins are pretty good, fyi!

i take the Centrum chewables...orange flavored, taste like a flintstone Vitamin (not too bad) I have tried the Bariatric Advantage ones and they are ok too...you can go online to their site and order some sample packs. not free, but if you just wanna try before buying and spending a lot of money, its not a bad way. Also Viactiv mult-vitamins and Calcium come in chocolate, chocolate-cherry and caramel for the calcium. taste like candy but does have some calories

I used to be fanatical about taking my Vitamins prior to my surgery. I just popped them and swallowed and was done with it. Now I have to gag down these chewable vitamins. I have tried all kinds of flavors and they all are disgusting. Are there any good ones that you all have found? Are there any ones that come in pill form that are small enough for me to swallow? Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Flintstones gummies. But take 2 instead of one.They tase better then most gummie candy I have tasted.

Hi,

I was also taking the chewable Viactiv Multi-Vitamin. I just had my followup with the surgeon and nutritionist and she was concerned that I was taking Viactiv. She said it is lacking Iron and some B Vitamins which are very important for lap-band patients. She told me to switch to the Centrum Chewable or Bariatric Advantage as soon as possible.

I know everyone's doctor has different recommendations, but I thought I should post what I was told.

She told me to switch to the Centrum chewable or Bariatric Advantage as soon as possible.

I know everyone's doctor has different recommendations, but I thought I should post what I was told.

I take Centrum chewables, orange flavor, so that's good news for me. I started off with Flintstones chewables, and I thought they tasted nasty, but at the time, I didn't know there were adult varieties. Everyone's tastes is different, but I think the Centrum chewables are pretty good. I'm glad to hear your doctor recommends them too.

I am taking the Bariatric Advantage as well. They are grainy, but since I'm still on a liquid diet, it gives me something to chew!

One thing I would say to all you Viactiv women. Viactiv is Calcium carbonate. calcium citrate is better absorbed and better for us.

BA has a chocolate tab that is Calcium Citrate.

Now, I talked with my dietician about this and she didn't think it was a problem, but everything I read and the bariatric nurse that works with my dr. all agree that the Citrate is better, so I'm sticking with it. Especially since I'm hitting 50 soon.

My surgeon has me take the Flinstone's chewables...reminds me of when I was a kid, so I think I'm getting away with something. =)