Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated!!! Argh!!!

:mad:This is just a rant :cross-eye because I am so frustrated,:mad: and while my family tries to understand I think only people that have gone through the anticipation of this surgery can really nod their head and "understand" how annoyed I am with this situation.

So I started my 4 week liquids on Sunday. This was per the nutritionist, since I am supposed to have my surgery either last week of oct/fist week of nov. My surgeon has STILL not given me a firm date which is really frustrating since work keeps asking me when I will need time off. Oh, and I am moving to a new apartment on 12/1, so I am really pushing to get this done so that I can be downstairs from my family post-op in case I need help.

Yesterday I called the nutritionist because I realized that I was only eating about 1000-1100 calories a day for the past four days and I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong. She calls back and tells me they want me to STOP liquids :P now because I don't have a firm date and he is STILL not sure when I will have surgery :nervous. I can restart next monday or tuesday. What the hell? :)

I am so damn aggrivated. I understand they are trying to work out a schedule, but dammit I need to know what is going on. There are only two nurses in my office and I need more than a few days notice if I am going to be out for a week. :)

So now I have no date, spent alot of money on shakes :eek: and made my broth and such in preparation to not eat for 4 weeks, and the worst part is that I was HAPPY and NOT FEELING HUNGRY on my liquids. Now I have to QUIT and restart! :dead

ARGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Rant away! I can say that I blame you.

OMGosh!!! That is frustrating. What's up with that? What's the hold-up on scheduling a date? Is it the hospital?

Okay, I know it's hard not to try to have some semblance of control over your surgery in regards to your work, your responsibilities, your life, your diet, your money and time. You are not asking for too much when asking for a firm date. However, just know that the date you end up with will forever be your band date. It is being chosen as we speak by God, fate, the stars, natures energy, whatever. I personally think it's a God thing. But, that date is yours and how it comes to you is of less importance. Try and go with the flow here. If all this is giving you red flags, not just frustration, we have a different conversation. I'd be anxoius, too, though. Let us know that special date when you get it!

Thanks for listening.

I know I need a little patience. I am always telling my own patients that they need to have patiences, but I am getting so much pressure from work to give them a firm time so they can staff appropriately. With only two nurses in an office and several hundred cycling infertility patients we have limited scheduling. I just think if I told my patients they were having a procedure, and then 8 weeks later still did not schedule them, they would be calling me and being very impolite.

I feel like such a hound. I call the surgeons office every week and beg his assistant to find out for me. I was supposed to go in October, and that chance has past, and now I am looking at November. I can't do December because I would have to move, have surgery, and then live at home for a few weeks so that I could have help with my dog and such. I have never had any procedures done besides a simple tooth pull, so I really don't know what anesthesia will do to me or how I will recover.

Like I said, I am just frustrated. I can't wait to get my band. I know that the date will come.

I'm so sorry - I would be pissed! I only had to do one week of liquids and I was allowed 1 small meal pre-op if I was really hungry. There is no way I could do 1 month of liquids pre-op without a surgery date! On the other hand, don't wait so long b/c you are worried about simply living. I know everyone is different, but I am 6 days out and I feel great and am back to work so you may not take that long to recover. Also, if you are self pay maybe you can find a new surgeon. My surgeon said he could book me in 2 weeks the 1st time I saw him! Good luck! Feel better! Breathe deep and slow!

So now I have no date, spent alot of money on shakes :) and made my broth and such in preparation to not eat for 4 weeks, and the worst part is that I was HAPPY and NOT FEELING HUNGRY on my liquids. Now I have to QUIT and restart! :dead

ARGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Ok - I think that the gal was telling you that you don't HAVE to be on liquids until you need to be - not that you must stop. You can be on any diet that you want, if it is working for you. If you are happy and not hungry and you have the shakes on hand - you CAN continue the liquid diet. The only drawback would be if you started to GET hungry and stopped being happy at the time when you need to be on the liquids.

So long as you get enough Protein, calories, and nutrition on liquids - and you are comfortable doing it, go for it. Any pre-band weight lost is just more weight that you don't have to lose later.

:]

I totally understand your frustration!! I had a similar situation and have been going through the process since last April!! Finally my surgery is scheduled for Oct 11th. Keep praying for patience with the system and I will do the same for you! It will be all ok.....enndee