Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck for 20's

How many of you who are in your twenties have had a Tummy Tuck? I am just starting out on this thing, the band was placed only a few weeks ago, but I am just wondering. I was under the impression that most younger people would not need this if they exercised regularly. I understand that everyone loses at their own pace/rate/etc, so I guess I am wondering the odds of exercising regularly and still needing a tummy tuck.

I needed a Tummy Tuck in the worse way. I had killer muscles under all that extra skin and now you can actually see the hard work. Excess skin has a lot to do with how much you weighed, how quickly you lost it and plain old genetics. I know 20 something patients who need neck lifts, so it is really a luck of the draw sort of thing.

I am at the end of the spectrum (29) but I have 3 consults scheduled for abdominoplasty, Lipo in my chest, neck lift and maybe the arms. I feel if you are more than 100lbs over your goal weight you will need PS. Good luck.

Thanks! How much does all of that cost if you don't mind me asking

Dallas PS gave me a range for the abdominoplasty from 6k to 8k and Shreveport PS was in the range of 8k to 12k. I estimate 6k for each additional item bring me up to about 20k in total but the average that I have seen in the surgery forum for having just you stomach done is around 10k. I will shoot you an email when I get all the final financial numbers over the next 3 weeks.

I re-read your original post and by the way I was under the same impression as you about the skin going back in place but unfortunately in my case it has not and I do cardio 7 days a week and alternate weight lifting upper body and lower body every other day. I am pleased with my rapid weight loss over the last 11 months and would have probably not stuck to the program if the weight was not falling off quickly so if I have to have an additional surgery because of the excess skin that is perfectly ok with me. Don't get me wrong, I look great with my clothes on...lol I just wish that I had known about the flabby skin issue earlier or someone had told me because I would have started saving money much sooner.

That is exactly why I wanted to know, because of the money thing. I got very lucky with the band, tricare paid the whole thing for me. If I had to pay myself it would have taken YEARS for me to come up with that much. How much does an angioplasty cost anyway? I think I'll start saving now, and if it ends up I don't need one then I will put a down payment on a house, or fulfill the life dream of going to Italy. Either way, it will be money well spent.

I just got done with my initial consult with Dr. James Kadi in Dallas and he has quoted $12,500 for abdominoplasty and a chest reduction. He quoted a second surgery for my arms at $6,700 so I would imagine just the abdominoplasty would be around 8k by itself. This includes an overnight stay at the hospital, all initial and followup visits, bloodwork, hospital costs and anesthesia.

I have a friend who used Tricare and they covered her plastic surgery. I think that she had to go through some hoops but it may be worth you checking into and getting the ball rolling now if that is something that you want.

That is a lot! But I know it is definitely worth it. I will check out the tricare thing, thanks for letting me know!